View Poll Results: What Dragon aspects would you want with a Dragonsworn class?

Voters
21. This poll is closed
  • Black/tank

14 66.67%
  • Blue/rdps

11 52.38%
  • Bronze/rdps

10 47.62%
  • Red/heals

6 28.57%
  • Green/heals

3 14.29%
  • Green/rdps

9 42.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by elfox View Post
    I think the examples you've given for each aspect/role are quite funny, given what we usually see about each aspect.
    For instance people have been talking about a chronomancer healing spec for mages for absolute ages, yet you put the bronze aspect as a ranged dps instead of a healer. I would 100% see bronze dragons as a healing role over a dps one, especially given the fact that they're technically watching / repairing (healing) the timeline.

And I would personally like to see the red dragonflight be tanks over healers, but I'm basing that mostly on the fact that the red dragon in The Oculus was the tank dragon, and it's the only thing I can think of ingame where we use the aspects in that way. (Very possible there are things I'm forgetting about).

Otherwise I agree with the rest, though I could see the black dragonflight be melee dps in addition to tank, just to have it inthere.

As for what flights I would prefer on a playable class, I would probaly put Green / Red / Black.
    The dungeon from WotLK already shows the roles they would be with red=tank, green=healing, bronze=damage. Even Chromie in HotS is a damage dealer.
    Fan ideas are fine, but Blizzard has already established their own rule set as far as what each dragonflight represents and their capabilities.
    Blue flights are legitimately the aspect of magic and would fit into a rdps theme, however they embody more arcane than any other school.
    Including Black could work, but would be troublesome as right now only Wrathion is considered a good black dragon. Even he is doing questionable things at the times we see him.

Everyone please agree with the op baby so he can sleep tonight.
    Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Anyone have any amazing Dragonsworn-themed character name ideas?
    An Orc named Jeremi...I suspect Jeremy to be already taken on my server.
    Last edited by Directionalk9; 2019-05-17 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    You can't really match it up like so as you have many variables.

Green, Red and Bronze could be healing as all three has been seen used in restorative connections.
    Green, Red, Bronze, Black and Blue could be Ranged DPS
    Green, Red, Bronze, Black and Blue could be Melee DPS
    Black, Green and Bronze could easyly be tanks as all three have been seen in protective connections.
    I think so as well. Forcing a single aspect per spec doesn't seem like a viable way here.It would be way too limiting in theme for literally no reason and hinder the design capabilities without any gain..

That being said, I very much doubt we'd be getting a class like that in the first place. Seems too far removed from the usual you see in WoW, frankly even some kind of mechanic class seems more likely. The age of dragons has long passed as well and usually a class has a strong tie to the expansion theme. I think the next major themes will definitely be death and shadow.

While you could shoehorn in a class like that if you are desperate, the precedent for a class like that is just not there. Dragonsworn are usually either draconoics that were bread to be roost guards or humanoids of certain professions that help out. A dragonsworn like that would imply some kind of central gathering of them with the support of most/all flights, which is something that hasn't existed for 10 millenia after deathwing's betrayal. They had one chance for that during WotLK, and didn't go for it.

The class would also just be a hodgepodge of mage, druid and shaman themes. If you think about it, Mages are literally the class that encompass the blue flight and some of the red flight and a very tiny connection to the bronze, druids are an all encompassing representation of the green flight and are heavily tied to them in the first place, shamans, admittedly rather underused, earth element is an all encompassing representation of the black flight. The only themes that aren't really explored would be a tiny fraction of the black flight, a more significant portion of the red flights "life magic" (weak ass definition compared to druids using life just in green) and most of the bronze flight. If that is enough to make a class with it's own strong identy.. I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    BfA isn't remotely close to what I'm talking about. BfA sucks for a variety of reasons and not having a new class isn't one of them. There needs to be class growth w/ new talents and abilities, which we didn't get either. What we got were some crappy azerite gear trying to fill some void. Reality is, these azerite talents don't play like new abilities so it's like they're not even there. Had they added 2 new tiers of talents and new abilities to every class/spec going into BfA, I really believe it would have helped. Instead of class progression, we got another artifact that's much worse than the artifacts in Legion.
    Yes, and I agree.

My point is all of what you're saying has no relevance to not adding a new class. Look at Legion - New Class AND Revamped specs AND new set of 'Talents' through the Artifact system. None of those class additions/changes were mutually exclusive to adding a new Class.

You don't need to sacrifice one for the other is what I'm saying.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-05-17 at 07:33 PM.

I'd personally prefer dragons as a race rather than a class.

Quote Originally Posted by Sethus View Post
    Everyone please agree with the op baby so he can sleep tonight.
    Oh I’m sorry. I didn’t realize that me not wanting my thread derailed would put your panties in a bunch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by seleri View Post
    I'd personally prefer dragons as a race rather than a class.
    Fair enough. What classes would they get?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I think so as well. Forcing a single aspect per spec doesn't seem like a viable way here.It would be way too limiting in theme for literally no reason and hinder the design capabilities without any gain..

That being said, I very much doubt we'd be getting a class like that in the first place. Seems too far removed from the usual you see in WoW, frankly even some kind of mechanic class seems more likely. The age of dragons has long passed as well and usually a class has a strong tie to the expansion theme. I think the next major themes will definitely be death and shadow.

While you could shoehorn in a class like that if you are desperate, the precedent for a class like that is just not there. Dragonsworn are usually either draconoics that were bread to be roost guards or humanoids of certain professions that help out. A dragonsworn like that would imply some kind of central gathering of them with the support of most/all flights, which is something that hasn't existed for 10 millenia after deathwing's betrayal. They had one chance for that during WotLK, and didn't go for it.

The class would also just be a hodgepodge of mage, druid and shaman themes. If you think about it, Mages are literally the class that encompass the blue flight and some of the red flight and a very tiny connection to the bronze, druids are an all encompassing representation of the green flight and are heavily tied to them in the first place, shamans, admittedly rather underused, earth element is an all encompassing representation of the black flight. The only themes that aren't really explored would be a tiny fraction of the black flight, a more significant portion of the red flights "life magic" (weak ass definition compared to druids using life just in green) and most of the bronze flight. If that is enough to make a class with it's own strong identy.. I don't know.
    I’m not saying we would get them in the first place. I wanted to have some fun with this thread on a class that’s not super likely. That being said the remaining aspects are playing a part in the upcoming patch. I personally enjoy the dragon lore and would rather brainstorm on that than some more gloomy death type stuff.

I think the green flight or some representation of them would be a good place to use plants as a way to attack. No other class has even touched plants or nature since Balance Druid theme was changed to Astral magic.

Time hasn’t really been used for a class and that’s the Bronze flights specialty. Magi have very little connection to time spells other than time warp. Time would be really cool.

Earth would make a better shaman tanking spec. You’re right, most of the ideas could fit other classes but Blizzard has already said they do t want to go around making 4th specs which leads me to believe more classes.

Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    Fair enough. What classes would they get?
    Warrior, mage, priest, shaman, druid, monk (since it seems everyone gets to be a monk), paladin (just because I think it would be cool and there's enough paladin variants now that you don't have to be tied to the Light) and death knight depending on how Lich King 2.0 plays out. I want to say hunter just because literally every race can be hunter but a dragon with a bow/gun is just weird to me, I guess survival may fit them though.

Ideally dragons would be several races in one and racials would be generic dragon traits that could apply to any flight, with maybe one that changes depending on what kind of dragon you are. Depending on which flight you chose you'd get different class options. For example, any of them could probably be a warrior but only green could be druid, only black could be shaman, only reds could be monks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Op has requested the thread to be closed so a better plan can be constructed.

Since there's a fair amount of trolling and derailment on both sides, we'll put this to rest and perhaps try again later on.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."