Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I doubt Thrall's family is dead, but it is curious. I'm more inclined to think that Thrall is aware his safety is compromised and has sent them away to Garadar for their own safety, but the notion that he doesn't trust Saurfang of all people is rather disheartening. When he first sees Saurfang approaching him from down the road he also gives a resigned sigh - as if he's aware of incoming shit that he'll have to deal with. Thrall knows something of what's going on, and it's possible that word has gotten back to him that he's being sought after.

There's more going on there, but I don't think it means anything bad for Thrall's family.
    ...Yep, and that's probably why Saurfang said "People like you and me don't get to just walk away". Thrall's reaction to that...you know he knew Saurfang was right.

How much Thrall knew before Saurfang popped up is debatable. He states himself "He left that life behind", which is a clear indication he's not up to date on what's been going on in his absence. The most telling part is he's been living in Outland. Post TBC, you only go there if you want to disappear. I don't think Saurfang was lying when he said he followed the assassins but that's certainly debatable.

I do think Thrall has legit been out of the loop since the Doomhammer Artifact Weapon Quest Chain though. He probably knows Sargeras was dealt with at the end of Legion and about the ongoing war Between the Alliance and the Horde. I doubt he knows the specifics around how/why the war started and what's been going on since it began. Presumably, Saurfang started filling him in on their way to rescuing Baine from beneath Orgrimmar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FL4K View Post
    Thrall saying " not far " when Saurfang asked where his family is seems like a weird way to answer the question if they are still alive ... it seems like Blizz purposely wrote in that line to infer Thrall 's reluctance to answer the question + being wary/vigilant of Saurfang
    ...This also.

He's the only living former Warchief. It's not that he doesn't trust Saurfang but he's not dumb enough to casually say something that someone could overhear in such an open area. Plus, he knows Saurfang well enough to know Saurfang doesn't make friendly visits. LOL.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odintdk View Post
    Sylvanas is a great villian. One the story desperately needed, and continues to need such characters. You people need to get over it and stop personalizing everything.

Cersi from GoT is also a massive evil and selfish bitch, but a great character all the same. Not everyone has to be "good" in a story. Otherwise there IS no fucking story.

On topic: They're probably safe and nearby somewhere. If they're dead however, good riddance. Thrall as a character was ruined the moment he started playing house.
    wow didn't need another horde leader villain, she can be villain anytime if she get the fuck out

ah yes GOT, pretty sure a lot of shit things in wow happen trying to mimic it.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2019-05-18 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    wow didn't another horde leader villain, she can be villain anytime if she get the fuck out
    That's subjective. Many Horde players would disagree with that. As for what the Alliance side wants FROM the horde? That's irrelevant because they've always been at war regardless.

wow didn't another horde leader villain, she can be villain anytime if she get the fuck out

ah yes GOT, pretty sure a lot of shit things in wow happen trying to mimic it.
    I am amazed people uses GoT as some example of good writing, if they were talking about the book(even so you have the cartoonish evil Euron with valyrian katanas and eye-patc) then maybe it will make senses.

Wonder if Blizzard will bring some of the old orcs like Nazgrel from the retirement
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

7+ Year Old Account
    That's subjective. Many Horde players would disagree with that.
    those ar enot rly horde players, but scourge wannabe, horde is not evil faction, no matter if some people want it to be
    As for what the Alliance side wants FROM the horde? That's irrelevant because they've always been at war regardless.
    wat?

Sylvanas is a great villian. One the story desperately needed, and continues to need such characters.
    Yes. A great villain. But not a player faction leader.
    The Orcs (that you play) haven't been evil since Warcraft II, and many of the other Horde races have never been "evil". The Forsaken, torturing and experimenting in secret, were the exception, playing nice and/or being oblivious of the nefarious activities of their leaders.

To take your analogy:

Cersi from GoT is also a massive evil and selfish bitch, but a great character all the same.
    Imagine if GoT was an MMO. People initially roll characters that are bannermen of the Houses Stark, Baratheon, Lannister, Targaryen. And then the Baratheons get rolled into the Lannister faction, the kinda shifty assholes. Major leader NPCs even get killed off to justify this. Absolute shitstorm guaranteed, even if it was no surprise if you read the books.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    I am amazed people uses GoT as some example of good writing, if they were talking about the book(even so you have the cartoonish evil Euron with valyrian katanas and eye-patc) then maybe it will make senses.
    got did a lot of damage to wow unintentionally, i see that broken shore fiasco of vol'jin dying a diectly aproach of trying to be GOT with chock value

Wonder if Blizzard will bring some of the old orcs like Nazgrel from the retirement
    i think they already forgot him, he was supposed to be in outland too, if Saurang came back with thrall but didn't ring im then its never.

10+ Year Old Account
    Survival. Staying the fuck away from death. Making sure everybody else is not a threat to that end. Yes it is selfish, yes it is as big motive as it can get.
    The only person who wants her dead was Greymane, she kicked off a war cause she is scared of a old ass worgen and to sweeten the pot Genn changed his views about the forsaken from bad to good after the events of books...she is literally the only person he wants dead.

- - - Updated - - -

got did a lot of damage to wow unintentionally, i see that broken shore fiasco of vol'jin dying a diectly aproach of trying to be GOT with chock value

i think they already forgot him, he was supposed to be in outland too, if Saurang came back with thrall but didn't ring im then its never.
    They need to bring other orcs to the limelight like Samuro and those other orcs that followed Thrall those years ago.

Survival. Staying the fuck away from death. Making sure everybody else is not a threat to that end. Yes it is selfish, yes it is as big motive as it can get.
    To me those that say she is doing random evil shit, don't seem to be following what is going on or even bothering to read quests and shit. Nothing she has done has been just random mustache twirling villianery. Her motivation is to live, and trying to remove the NEs from Kalimdor is a huge first step to doing so. Rezzing Derek to use as a Theremore bomb part makes total sense as well.

This coming from someone who does not care for her as a character.