Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    You've been stupid before, but this is a new low.

Does this page give out achievements for random idiocy?

Because you deserve something for this gem of random nonsense.
    I think those are infractions... but, even at base level... do you even know how much that insych dude paid to even try to go to space? With the cost of entry, there really isn’t any booty there to justify it. Just base level... what is the first thing I would need, to be a space pirate. How ever much it costs for Russians to shoot me up there? That would be the start... how big can my pirate crew be? 2 or 3? At least 1, right?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Good to see our administration also gets all their know-how from video games. Space pirates are second only to Robotic Ghost Space Pirates on the list of extraterrestrial threats.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Welp, it's time to call in the Galaxy Rangers!
    Fuck that, they'll live with us in our home with a small number of other hotties that love us, like Tenchi Muyo. I mean who doesn't want this kind of space pirate?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    It does sound silly at this stage of our ventures into space. But *shrugs, who knows what the future will contain? There has already been talk of developing private space trips to the moon and vacations on space stations. Sounds crazy I know. But several things have happened which would have sounded crazy years ago. Being prepared for the improbable can be a sound decision at times. You can disagree with it being good steps now and I can understand that position.
    To be fair those talks have been happening since the 70's.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    GOP: universal health care is too expensive
    GOP: let's spend billions to protect against space pirate

Priorities man, priorities

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    GOP: universal health care is too expensive
    GOP: let's spend billions to protect against space pirate

Priorities man, priorities
    I agree with this. But you would still have the same stuff going on with wasting money on lower priorities with the Democrats. Universal health care in the US would cost trillions ( not billions ) of dollars. But that is another topic and I do not want to derail the thread.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    please, we dont even have Sky Pirates yet

pirates have been slacking to the point they are over 110 years behind the curve

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with this. But you would still have the same stuff going on with wasting money on lower priorities with the Democrats. Universal health care in the US would cost trillions ( not billions ) of dollars. But that is another topic and I do not want to derail the thread.
    How much does healthcare currently cost Americans as a whole?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

There will be criminals following humans where ever we go. And that is all pirates are. A group of criminals. 3 people hijack your car. Those are criminals and you could also say correctly, they are pirates.
    Yup, so it sounds like in theory you agree with the idea.

And getting to space to the point where pirates are a thing that are common, would cost hundreds of trillions, but why let simple logic like that ruin your weird rhetoric.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    How much does healthcare currently cost Americans as a whole?
    Is that before, or after, Trump got us better health care, for more people, for less money?

I mean, that sounds like something we should be focusing on instead of the Space Force he promised. In fact, I might even call that "wasting money on lower priorities".

10+ Year Old Account
    No love for my boy Harlock? Come on guys, I thought you all more cultured than that

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    No love for my boy Harlock? Come on guys, I thought you all more cultured than that
    [IMG]https://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire1/47cc4e9d26d596ba7c3c389aa02903371449885718_full.jpg[/MG]
    That looks like a scrapped design for a character in Symbiotic Titan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    That looks like a scrapped design for a character in Symbiotic Titan.
    How very dare you, Albator/Captain Harlock is a classic. A goddamn classic!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I mean, mayyyybe in the far future where space travel is both easy and commonplace. So long as it costs billions to launch a vehicle in space and tens of billions in infrastructure and resources before you can even get to that, I'm pretty sure our space booty is safe.
    Right. The risk reward at this time for "space piracy" makes the idea ludicrous and unnecessary for decades, if not centuries.
    Putin khuliyo

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Right. The risk reward at this time for "space piracy" makes the idea ludicrous and unnecessary for decades, if not centuries.
    Plus, once the space pirates do eventually surface, we'll have Samus to deal with them. Speaking of which, l really hope they annnounce Prime Trilogy for the Switch at E3. It needs to happen.

Ted Cruz is a fucking loathsome human being but I can envisage practical ways in which low-cost space piracy could occur. This is not one of the many, many things I would choose to flay this loathsome little rat in his own urine over.

The US already spends trillions on healthcare and it's the worst system of any developed nation.

If we do healthcare right and model it based on other countries it should cost us less, not more, than what it does now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    Gundams are Japanese. We need American mecha!
    We have them already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smityx View Post
    We have them already.
    I wonder why we don't have defense contractors jizzing in their pants over this?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    I wonder why we don't have defense contractors jizzing in their pants over this?
    Guessing to big a target on a battlefield. Stands to tall with flat surfaces and would be easily targeted and disabled/destroyed. I could maybe forsee possible armored exo-suits with the capability to get low and behind cover. But mecha size objects will probably never be a thing.