Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Leaked Classified OPCW Report Suggests Syrian Gas Attack was Staged

A leaked report from the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) reveals a previously unreleased finding that the cylinders used in the sarin gas attack in Douma, Syria, April 2018 were manually placed in position, rather than dropped by aircraft. OCPW has confirmed the validity of the leaked report here.

Auther and Foreign Correspondent Peter Hitchens (brother of the late, renowned speaker Christopher Hitchens) details the findings on his blog:

https://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co...pril-2018.html

https://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co...he-hague-.html

Some things to note from above:

This section is important because the alleged dropping of these cylinders by a Syrian military helicopter is at the centre of the narrative espoused by those who argue that Syria did use poison gas at Douma last April. As those who read on will see, the OPCW argues that the physical facts are compatible with this explanation. I would say this must remain a matter of opinion. But it goes no further. It does not say that the discoverable facts (and the cylinders, importantly, were not closely guarded between the incident and the investigation) confirm the Syrian helicopter explanation.

Because it was compiled before the OPCW received its recent new powers to apportion guilt, the report could not in any case say who was responsible. It could only say whether gas had been used, or in this case might have been used. But even so, it would have been easy for those in favour of Western intervention in Syria to proclaim, from the above, that they had been vindicated. Very few people would have questioned this, not least because conventional wisdom, in most media offices and among the public, believes that the Assad state is a proven user of poison gas

And then I read it again.
    Also;

... bear in mind here that the OPCW FFM concluded definitively that no trace of sarin was found at Douma. This conclusion was stated in the July preliminary report, using this exact wording ‘ No organophosphorus nerve agents or their degradation products were detected, either in the environmental samples or in plasma samples from the alleged casualties’ . This was repeated in the second (March 1st) report.
    And note:

The OPCW’s work, based upon an actual visit to the site, must be distinguished from any other ‘report’ on the event such as this one, referred to in the New York Times: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/20/w...rn-ghouta.html

The ‘commission’ referred to in the NYT account did not actually go to Douma. The OPCW did.
    In light of the new rumors of a Syrian gas attack, we should all keep the above in mind.

Finally, here is a PDF link directly to the report for you to read.

5+ Year Old Account
    Not surprised at all

Is the TLDR here to suggest Assad was framed?

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Is the TLDR here to suggest Assad was framed?
    For one specific attack, maybe. The report is basically "preponderance of the evidence" standard ("higher probability"), not 100%. There are more than 70 reported uses of chemical weapons in syria (chlorine and sarin mainly). Both ISIL and the syrian gov't have been employing them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Assad is no hero by any means but this goes to show you how much the security apparatus goes into pushing a narrative. I am wondering how long can the US be in these entanglements before the brass realizes that every one of these leads to a closing of the power gap between America and China? Leave these missions alone and work against the big fish.

Smells like a false flag. There's a CIA after taste.
    Anti-War / Anti-CIA / Cynic / Unpopular Opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Pipebomb View Post
    Smells like a false flag. There's a CIA after taste.
    White Helmets are mostly UK-funded.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    White Helmets are mostly UK-funded.
    Cia, MI6, Mossad, House of Saud all the same at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if this is to be true, what i highly doubt. It's not like there's long ass list of other things that Assad did to his own people and is still doing today to ensure his reign of terror and tyranny and it still does not take away that Russian and far right in EU and US are in full support of Assad and his actions.

So the real question here is, what changes if this were to be true about the whole picture?

Absolutely fucking nothing and this stinks of the usual bullshit approach from those groups, who their entire intend is to merely use information that can't prove or disprove anything to create doubt and as usual the amazing intellectuals of mmo-c gobble this up without second thought, because it came on fucking blog post and it fits their narrow world view.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Even if this is to be true, what i highly doubt. It's not like there's long ass list of other things that Assad did to his own people and is still doing today to ensure his reign of terror and tyranny and it still does not take away that Russian and far right in EU and US are in full support of Assad and his actions.

So the real question here is, what changes if this were to be true about the whole picture?

Absolutely fucking nothing and this stinks of the usual bullshit approach from those groups, who their entire intend is to merely use information that can't prove or disprove anything to create doubt and as usual the amazing intellectuals of mmo-c gobble this up without second thought, because it came on fucking blog post and it fits their narrow world view.
    A US attack based on false intelligence, hmm that reminds me of something. Being anti-war does not equate to being pro-Asaad. Should we start a war with Saudi Arabia too?

this stinks of the usual bullshit approach from those groups, who their entire intend is to merely use information that can't prove or disprove anything to create doubt and as usual the amazing intellectuals of mmo-c gobble this up without second thought, because it came on fucking blog post and it fits their narrow world view.
    You could say the same about the war pigs and their media who push for endless war.

Sky News cuts off former UK army officer after he casts doubt on gas attack

Brian Williams Referred To Trump's Syrian Missile attack As 'Beautiful'... Fucking psycho

Corporate Media Pounding The War Drums

- - - Updated - - -

The leaked OPCW engineers' assessment is confirmed as genuine, which means the final report actively concealed evidence that the Douma chemical attack was staged by jihadists and the White Helmets. The OPCW's other Syria reports must now be treated as worthless too.
    Last edited by Pipebomb; 2019-05-23 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Regardless what Assad did, it's not the US (or "the West"'s) job to intervene and change regime as they please. How'd you like Russia+China declaring Trump illegitimate and mounting up a military coalition to replace him with, let's say, David Duke? For shitz&giggles. Even if the coalition would be to replace him with Hillary, the most disillusioned Dems here would still oppose it based on the grounds of foreign intervention, which THEY SHOULD.

So, hands off Syria.

Oh, you want a legitimate way to intervene and "save" the Syrian people?

- international coalition, UN mandated, voted, with Arab states participation, as it's their area of the world, and their people. There's no other way.

US is not world police.
    I remember way back when Hugo Chavez visited the US and was parading around the country. GWB was the president at the time, and while he wasn't well liked by the left, it didn't approach the level of hatred that Trump currently enjoys. Chavez talked hella shit on Bush, and you had multiple pundits on the news who would go on nightly to trash the president defending him, because he is our president. Say what you will about whatever elected official we have, when someone else in the world goes out of their way to join in the fun, you get a bit of a bad taste in your mouth, because in your view it's not their place to be doing so.

Very well said post. We shouldn't be playing world police, whether it be Iran, North Korea, Syria or any other bullshit reason that they give us to spend more money to put our military in danger. I'd be much happier if we just minded our own business.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Are there better sources for any of this? The "leak" originates at a strange place, and the "verification" of it is only a single journalist's own blog. Given that Syria is a firehose of propaganda from all sides, it's hard to evaluate any of this objectively when even UFO conspiracy theorists have more corroboration.

This seems to the fairest assessment of the situation.

https://al-bab.com/blog/2019/05/opcw...we-know-so-far

The important question regarding all of this is what will happen to deter further such things from happening? Nothing sadly but it will be forgotten in a week or 2 at most.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, does this change Assad being a murderous despot?

Didn't think so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    A US attack based on false intelligence, hmm that reminds me of something. Being anti-war does not equate to being pro-Asaad. Should we start a war with Saudi Arabia too?

You could say the same about the war pigs and their media who push for endless war.

Sky News cuts off former UK army officer after he casts doubt on gas attack

Brian Williams Referred To Trump's Syrian Missile attack As 'Beautiful'... Fucking psycho

Corporate Media Pounding The War Drums

- - - Updated - - -

The leaked OPCW engineers' assessment is confirmed as genuine, which means the final report actively concealed evidence that the Douma chemical attack was staged by jihadists and the White Helmets. The OPCW's other Syria reports must now be treated as worthless too.
    Nice of you to be an idealist and dream of an anti war world. Next up you throw in some whataboutism and single out SA what makes me even question your knowledge about geo-politics.

Lastly you managed to completely miss the point I was making that one the report does not point in one way or the other yet you are taking the interpretation of a blogger as gospel on this matter.

Secondly for someone so anti war, you do seem to care more about the US than any other player in this rather shitfest of a war. Where by singling out just them you seem to be unfazed by all actual war crimes and collatteral damage.

In other words best to bury your idealism if you are going to start making your bias that visible.

Nice of you to be an idealist and dream of an anti war world. Next up you throw in some whataboutism and single out SA what makes me even question your knowledge about geo-politics.

Lastly you managed to completely miss the point I was making that one the report does not point in one way or the other yet you are taking the interpretation of a blogger as gospel on this matter.

Secondly for someone so anti war, you do seem to care more about the US than any other player in this rather shitfest of a war. Where by singling out just them you seem to be unfazed by all actual war crimes and collatteral damage.

In other words best to bury your idealism if you are going to start making your bias that visible.
    Everytime there's a chemical attack is it America's duty to incite regime change? I just pointed out SA because they're way more brutal than Asaad's dictorship, yet we're allies.

I care more about the US because I'm American and America is exponentially more powerful and wealthy and should be held to a higher standard ie.) not get militarily involved in the shitfest wars.

Calling me an idealist, I won't argue w that.

Holy shit, logging in from pain filled life to shut down your BS.

Just because it was placed doesnt mean it wasnt from assad. Why do you think that main would powers were so damn resistant to going at him for that? Why do you think the U.S of all powers didnt go at him by just isis? God damn, this forum... you all need to get off your fucking conspiracy riddled asses. Fuckin aye man.

Also if the one chem [at one of the gassings] wasnt the serain gas that hurt people what was it? Because people got hurt still, Coulda been a toss in from assy/russia to change direction who knows.

and just to fuck with you conspiracy nuts on this site that for some god damn reason havent been banned. Staged can also mean it was done by the power in question [Assad]

See how hard it is to judge international shit?

Bye again for a while.
    Last edited by Raptor With a Saber; 2019-05-23 at 06:47 PM.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

10+ Year Old Account
    Everytime there's a chemical attack is it America's duty to incite regime change? I just pointed out SA because they're way more brutal than Asaad's dictorship, yet we're allies.

I care more about the US because I'm American and America is exponentially more powerful and wealthy and should be held to a higher standard ie.) not get militarily involved in the shitfest wars.

Calling me an idealist, I won't argue w that.
    While the US resides on a different continent you appear to hold a mindset that you can exist completely isolated and disconnected from the rest of the world. Sorry to say but if you desire that you LL need a time machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I'm sorry, does this change Assad being a murderous despot?

Didn't think so.
    No but its sure as hell shows that all the US "evidence" that they had were false. They started bombing Syria because of this.