Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

"Correct" way to dry yourself?

So last night my friends and I were talking (there may or may not have been alcohol & weed use in play here) and the subject of drying off after a shower or bath came up. We realized something while talking too. Every single one of us dried off in the same order. First was face, then head/hair, then hands & arms, then chest/belly, then back, then groin, then legs & feet, then the ass. It really got us to thinking if everyone else dried off like this or if people had other orders they dried off in. So that's my question, is this the order YOU dry off in or is there another order you use?

If you washed yourself properly , your groin/ass should be as clean as the rest of your body

Just like cleaning- top to bottom. If you dry off your lower parts first they just get dripped on by your still-wet upper body and you have to dry them again.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

I usually go back and forth between places.

The correct drying order:
    1.) Ass
    2.) Face
    3.) Everything else
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty reckless, except my beard. I have a routine to dry my beard. I brush it gently with a towel neck up to shake out the water. Then I brush it with the towel cheek down. I never scrub my beard dry, it breaks hairs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Face, head, chest, arms, back, ass, junk, legs, feet. While in the shower or bath. None of this getting the floor all wet shit.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

10+ Year Old Account
    Top to bottom.

15+ Year Old Account
    Face
    Head
    Turn towel around to dryer side
    Back/shoulders/neck
    Torso
    Legs
    Feet
    Groin
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

Quote Originally Posted by nymphetsss View Post
    If you washed yourself properly , your groin/ass should be as clean as the rest of your body
    I just gotta say, I read the title of the thread, skipped the OP, went to your post (since its the first reply and all) and out of context-ish that was the funniest shit ever xD I almost want to make it a sig lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    Top to bottom.

The only correct answer.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    I don’t seriously. I air dry. When I’m done with the shower I just go natural. Maybe face and head with a towel but that’s it.

It’s not natural to use a towel just let the way be absolutely naturally.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    I don’t seriously. I air dry. When I’m done with the shower I just go natural. Maybe face and head with a towel but that’s it.

I don't know if it's 'absolutely natural' to have a shower, especially as often as we do. My as well just wash yourself in the rain or nearby rivers if you're commited to being absolutely natural.

I dry myself from top to bottom for the most part.

Face first cause I don't want water in my eyes. Then hair because it would be silly to dry my body and have soaked hair dripping water all over the places I just dried. Then I wrap the towel around me to dry my back. Then its just torso, groin, rear, legs, feet. Top to bottom makes sense because gravity.

I usually just throw a towel in my chair and sit around naked for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    I shake like a dog

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post

Don't wipe your ass too because it's not natural. Do you use shower gel if it's not some home made mumbo jumbo herb pulp?

Toweling helps you to get rid of some leftover dead skin after showering. It's good for you except if you maybe go too hard on it.
    S.H.

Somehow despite doing it every day I can't remember what order I do it in.

I do know hair comes last though, because that takes the longest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

My first impulse was to answer "running naked into the street and shaking like a dog", but I fear some people here might actually take that as solid advice.

Top to bottom, mostly due the practicallity resulting from the influences of gravity. I guess you coudl argue that hair is last though I certainly try to get the most moisture out of it first to stop it dripping all over the floor.

wrap my hair in a spare towel after soaking up some of the moisture with it, dry the rest of the body top to bottom cause gravity, wrap main towel around my shoulders, remove spare towel from head, finish drying hair with a brush and hair dryer. on days I don't wash my hair - skip the second towel step. SO just rubs everything dry from top to bottom - head included, benefits of having short vs long hair and all I don't really have a specific body part order other then top to bottom as i kinda just wrap the towel all the way around and tap dry, moving it down as i go. I have no idea if its "correct" its just what I find comfortable for myself

P.S. I have a separate skin care routine for my face, so other then getting water out of my eyes on hair washing days, i leave it alone until I'm done with everything else and THEN take care of it.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2019-05-19 at 02:12 PM.