Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This is way too early to call...
    Have to wait for the movie to come out to judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Just going to say... Pretty sure Batman is considered a Metahuman in Rebirth DC. So technically, he IS a super hero.
    I haven't read comic books since... Grant Morrison's run on JLA, but that's news to me. What's his super power?

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    ...those are literally sequels. This isn't.
    I agree with your point....but JK Simmons as JJ.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Also, in case it hasn't been pointed out yet, the bat logo on the suit is made from the gun that killed his parents.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkrysa View Post
    Why didn't they just hire Kevin Conroy? Dye his hair black and let him at it.
    Well there is the fact that he is 64 years old. Would not really work for the idea of a young Batman they are going for with this movie. If you do want to see him actually play the character on screen, the recent CW DC series did a big cross-over with Conroy playing a sort of Kingdom Come-esque version of the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Well there is the fact that he is 64 years old. Would not really work for the idea of a young Batman they are going for with this movie. If you do want to see him actually play the character on screen, the recent CW DC series did a big cross-over with Conroy playing a sort of Kingdom Come-esque version of the character.
    This. Conroy was primarily a voice actor his entire career, so he's got the build of the average Joe since he's never had to work out and put on muscle for a role. A crippled, broken down version of Batman is the only live-action iteration he could have ever played like in Crisis, and he did it brilliantly. He punched Supergirl across the room so that was nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I haven't read comic books since... Grant Morrison's run on JLA, but that's news to me. What's his super power?
    In a similar way to cap, his physical and mental stats are all the absolute best it's possible for a human to be. He also learns at a MASSIVELY increased rate and has stupidly fast reactions. However, the thing which puts him into the meta category is his new healing ability. It's so good, that not only does he heal from any injury inflicted on him, but he even healed all his OLD wounds and scars and shit. So any old damage is healed as well.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Replacing Henry Cavill as Superman was a bigger wow for me than this, while I do think that Affleck is a good actor I don't think his batman was that great and by no means, I fell sad with him leaving the roll

In a similar way to cap, his physical and mental stats are all the absolute best it's possible for a human to be. He also learns at a MASSIVELY increased rate and has stupidly fast reactions. However, the thing which puts him into the meta category is his new healing ability. It's so good, that not only does he heal from any injury inflicted on him, but he even healed all his OLD wounds and scars and shit. So any old damage is healed as well.
    Huh... kind of ruins Batman but I guess his feats will be more realistic going forward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh... kind of ruins Batman but I guess his feats will be more realistic going forward.
    Yup. Tbh, shit like that is why I've mostly checked out from DC. These days I only really read White Knight and Hellblazer.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

He's Batman.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think thats entirely accurate. He did take a dip in a lazurus pit but I don't think he has super healing now. I know the panel you are talking about where he is classified as metahuman and I'm not unconvinced it was either an editorial oversight to have Waller classify him as such or Waller is just wrong.

edit: the reason he is considered meta is because of contact with Nth metal but beyond the initial healing there's been no manifestation of powers.
    Last edited by Jotaux; 2020-02-19 at 11:29 PM.

They should have made Robin Lord Taylor as Penguin...he was amazing in Gotham.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Dude is legit one of the best actors of his generation, but he needs a blockbuster every once in a while to make some bank.
    Dude is not even in the top 50 of best actors in their 30s.
    Dont 100% agree with this list but https://www.imdb.com/list/ls072099666/ as an example.

Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    Something like this could be interesting
    Been saying this, since Affleck was chosen as the next Batman

So I agree but with Affleck, sorry Keaton belongs to Spider-Man now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VTerpsichore View Post
    Dude is not even in the top 50 of best actors in their 30s...
    Did you just use a random list from IMDb to back up your claims?

A list which has Bendydick Pumpkin patch as the 4th best? and Chris Pratt as 5th?

omg, the more I read this list, the better it gets... Seth Rogan at 11 and Channing Tatum at 12. I'm actually crying with laughter right now.

OMFG it has Kevin Hart at 31. Kill me now.

And CILLAN MURPHY is 39.

This dude think Seth Rogan, Channing Tatum and KEVIN HART are better actors tha Cillian Murphy.

Thank you, friend. I needed a good laugh.
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2020-02-19 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    He's Batman.
    Did you mean... he's rich?

That was a good line.

Quote Originally Posted by VTerpsichore View Post
    Dude is not even in the top 50 of best actors in their 30s.
    Dont 100% agree with this list but https://www.imdb.com/list/ls072099666/ as an example.

Been saying this, since Affleck was chosen as the next Batman

So I agree but with Affleck, sorry Keaton belongs to Spider-Man now.
    What, because some guy named bjones thinks so?

- - - Updated - - -

Did you just use a random list from IMDb to back up your claims?

A list which has Bendydick Pumpkin patch as the 4th best? and Chris Pratt as 5th?

omg, the more I read this list, the better it gets... Seth Rogan at 11 and Channing Tatum at 12. I'm actually crying with laughter right now.

OMFG it has Kevin Hart at 31. Kill me now.

And CILLAN MURPHY is 39.

This dude think Seth Rogan, Channing Tatum and KEVIN HART are better actors tha Cillian Murphy.

Thank you, friend. I needed a good laugh.
    Burlington Camoflage.

What was the last role you saw him in, just wondering.
    The King and Goodtime,

I'm not saying the guy doesn't have a range or can't act, but hes totally not a comic book hero
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    The King and Goodtime,

I'm not saying the guy doesn't have a range or can't act, but hes totally not a comic book hero
    We have no idea about the direction of this The Batman movie. The Dark Knight trilogy was not really following the steps of Comic Books in terms of... well everything, so maybe Heath Ledger or Christian Bale were not Comic Book Heroes/Villains but they still nailed the job.

And just as a reminder, there were the same kind of criticism for Tom Hiddlestone and Chris Hemsworth as Loki and Thor when they were cast.

Wait&See is the only thing we can say here. Pattinson can be the perfect Batman or the worst, but most of that will remain in the hands of the writer and director more than his.

Being a vampire he is perfect for a night time crime fighter

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    You do not know that, and *cannot* know that until the film is released. Stop making assumptions.

Edit: I absolutely hated the guy, thinking him talentless, miserable, and quite dull. Friend gave me his autobiography once as a joke prsent and laughed as I threw it out the window on fire, and even *I* am willing to give him a go and see what he might be able to do.
    "stop making assumptions" lol

Making assumptions is what we do, you're making an assumption right now at me
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate