Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Have to wonder how much some may be comparing Joker to the Riddler.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    wait this movie was really boring how did any of you actually like it
    Guess we just have longer attention spans and don't need to be bombarded with action every 5min.

They missed an opportunity to make a gemstone encrusted bat suit to mock twilight sparkle vampires.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Have to wonder how much some may be comparing Joker to the Riddler.
    Honestly I don’t think this Riddler is much like the Joker. He’s a lot more like Ra’s al Ghul. An extremely capable planner who wants to punish Gotham for its “crimes”.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Honestly I don’t think this Riddler is much like the Joker. He’s a lot more like Ra’s al Ghul. An extremely capable planner who wants to punish Gotham for its “crimes”.
    My thought was how some didn't like the Riddler because he's irredeemable evil...but I'm sure everyone likes the Joker who is just as evil.
    It was just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    My thought was how some didn't like the Riddler because he's irredeemable evil...but I'm sure everyone likes the Joker who is just as evil.
    It was just a thought.
    On a surface level, it does go against the "lethal vigilante inspired by Batman" that he claims to be. But, whether it's intended or not, it's a fairly realistic depiction of radicalization. He started doing things that seemed reasonable (to some), but as time went on and he got away with it, he saw the support from his community (and, in his mind, Batman), eventually going for broader targets, revealing that his crusade wasn't anything but a way to satisfy his violent urges.

I agree that a lot of that would be more fitting for Bane or Ra's than Riddler, but at least they nailed the obsessive and almost naïve nature of the character in the last few scenes. Particularly the one when it seems like he has unmasked Batman, only to show that he is unable to see the connection that's been in front of his face the whole time, immediatelly followed by a tantrum when he realizes that Batman doesn't support his ways. That was, in my opinion, a perfect Riddler moment: His plan was smarter than him. The riddles themselves were a bit too random for my taste, but at least the SAW-like traps were appropiate for the tone of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    wait this movie was really boring how did any of you actually like it
    Well for me and my wife this is the best Batman movie. Because different people have different criterias for what is good. This was literally PG-12 version of Se7en with a bad ending, but very nice camera work, we loved cinematography.

Our Batman movie list from best to still watchable:

1. This Batman - Se7en light
    2. Batman with Clooney - the cheese fest
    3. Nolan's Batman - it's an alright flick
    4. all other Batman movies are unwatchable

We are normal people who do not enjoy avengers and other "whatever"-man US super heroes crap usually.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Batman & Robin was one of those rare times when I walked out of a movie within the first 30 minutes. Didn't even ask for my money back. Just left and went to eat. Lol

5+ Year Old Account
    The Batman 2 Gets Positive Update After Matt Reeves Warner Bros. Deal.

https://screenrant.com/the-batman-2-...t-matt-reeves/
    BY AMANDA LAMADRID - 5 MINUTES AGO

A script update for The Batman 2 is given following the announcement of co-writer and director Matt Reeves' deal with Warner Bros. After many live-action reboots of the orphaned, wealthy comic book hero Batman and DC's stiff competition in the MCU, Matt Reeves faced an uphill battle with 2022's The Batman. Despite those factors, the film managed to set itself apart from fan-favorite trilogy The Dark Knight and Marvel's solo hero films by channeling a noir detective style that worked in the film's favor. The Batman received praise from critics and fans alike for Robert Pattinson's interpretation of the character, the film's take on comic book villain The Riddler, and the darker themes explored in the movie.

Though The Batman was a hit, the future isn't set in stone for a sequel despite Warner Bros.' announcement back in April In fact, sequel film The Batman 2 has yet to be greenlit by Warner Bros., since it is still listed as 'in development.' This news is especially concerning given the recent tumult when it comes to DC's film and tv verse, such as the sudden cancellation of Batgirl. Luckily, a promising script update might bring those hoping to see Pattinson return in Reeves' version of Gotham some relief.

According to Deadline, Reeves is co-writing The Batman 2 with Mattson Tomlin, and they are still in the process of creating the script, with Pattinson set to return as the titular character. After the success of The Batman, which grossed over $770 million gross on a global scale and achieved critical acclaim, it seems that Warner Bros. is all in on the sequel. This is good news for fans of the hero, particularly due to the mystery surrounding other DC projects, with Bruce Timm, J.J. Abrams, and Matt Reeves' animated Batman series The Caped Crusader recently receiving the ax at HBOMax.

While the update confirms that the script is still in the works, indicating that the film is moving forward with Reeves and Pattinson, it has recently been made clear that progress is not always enough where DC is concerned. But considering the investment that Warner Bros. is placing in Reeves with their new deal, it is likely that audiences can consider The Batman 2 a sure thing. With all the competition DC is facing from the MCU, the mixed reception of their attempts to create an extended universe with the DCEU, and the controversy surrounding the new Flash film and the shock Batgirl cancellation, DC needs a win. After the popularity of The Batman, it's wise of them to invest in that franchise and the update that Reeves' script is in progress is a promising step.

Not much is known regarding the plot of The Batman 2, since the script is still in development. However, with the Joker tease introducing Barry Keoghan at the end of the first film, perhaps the fan-favorite Batman villain will make an appearance in the sequel. One thing is certain; though The Batman 2 is reportedly in the works, Reeves has made it clear that it may be a while before the film is released, saying that he originally created The Batman as a standalone experience and would re-evaluate plans for a sequel based on viewer response. Considering the success of that film, it's heartening to hear that Reeves is on board to add another chapter to the hero's story.

5+ Year Old Account
    'The Batman: Part II' Filming Start Date Revealed by Executive Producer

https://collider.com/the-batman-2-filming-start-date/
    BY DIEGO PERALTA - 3 DAYS AGO

Cameras are getting ready to roll once again in Gotham City, as production on the sequel to The Batman is set to begin this year. Michael Uslan, who was an executive producer in the 2022 noir mystery, announced that filming for The Batman: Part II is currently scheduled to begin on November 23. An October 3, 2025 release date has already been set for the upcoming project, which will see Robert Pattinson once again suiting up as the World's Greatest Detective. Matt Reeves, who helmed the first movie, is also coming back as the director of the sequel, which is currently keeping its plot details safely in the Batcave.

One of the highlights from The Batman's stacked cast was Colin Farell's portrayal of Oswald Cobblepot, better known as The Peguin. The character is getting his own television series at HBO Max, and it will deal with the aftermath of the events of the film. Filming has already begun for the show, which will directly lead into the plot of Reeve's sequel. With Carmine Falcone dead by the end of the movie, perhaps it is time for Penguin to take his place as Gotham's most despised crime lord. A release date hasn't been set for the Penguin spin-off but, since production is well underway, it won't be long before audiences can go back to Gotham.

5+ Year Old Account
    I was hoping we were done with all these cocksucking delays!?!!!

‘The Batman Part II’ Delayed a Year to 2026

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...ar-1235108760/
    BY AARON COUCH, PAMELA MCCLINTOCK - MARCH 12, 2024 11:04AM

The Batman Part II is flying off to a new date. The film will now open Oct. 2, 2026. That’s back a full year from its previous date.

Batman 2 wasn’t the only notable change made to Warner Bros. release calendar on Tuesday: The Maggie Gyllenhaal-directed The Bride!, starring Christian Bale, will take Batman 2‘s old date of Oct. 3, 2025; Barry Levinson’s gangster pic Alto Nights is being delayed from Nov. 24, 2024, to March 21, 2025; and Paul Thomas Anderson’s untitled, star-studded event pic has landed an Aug. 8, 2025, release date. All of the titles will be offered in Imax.

The sequel to Matt Reeves‘ The Batman was first announced at CinemaCon in April 2022. In August of that year, Mattson Tomlin boarded to co-write with Reeves, and in late January 2023, DC Studios bosses James Gunn and Peter Safran gave the film a title and date of Oct. 3, 2025. DC insiders say the delay is related to last year’s strikes.

The Batman enjoyed the second best opening of the pandemic with $134 million domestically, on its way to a global haul of $770.3 million. It launched a new franchise, with Colin Farrell’s Penguin getting his own Max series and Reeves developing an Arkham Asylum-focused show that morphed out of an earlier idea for a series focused on the Gotham Police Department.

The sprawling cast also included Zoë Kravitz as Catwoman, Paul Dano as The Riddler and Andy Serkis as Alfred. The film also featured Barry Keoghan as a mysterious Arkham Asylum inmate who befriends Riddler, with the character set up as a version of The Joker.

The Bride! also stars Jessie Buckley and Peter Sarsgaard, with Annette Bening and Penélope Cruz. Gyllenhaal wrote the script for the action pic and is producing alongside Emma Tillinger Koskoff, Talia Kleinhendler and Osnat Handelsman-Keren.

There’s plenty of intrigue as to writer-director Anderson’s untitled film, which stars Leonardo DiCaprio, Sean Penn, Regina Hall, Teyana Taylor, Wood Harris, Alana Haim and Chase Infiniti. The filmmaker produces alongside Sara Murphy and Adam Somner. Plot details are being kept under tight wraps.

Alto Knights was relocated for competitive reasons, a source says. The gangster pic stars Robert De Niro, Debra Messing, Cosmo Jarvis, Kathrine Narducci and Michael Rispoli. Levinson directed from a script by Nick Pileggi, and produced alongside Irwin Winkler, Jason Sosnoff, Charles Winkler and David Winkler.