Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I get what you're saying, I mean I've been there since the early days myself. But how is someone killing Nefarian much different from someone killing Jaina mythic for example? Yeah it's different difficulties but ultimately it's proof of someone being among the top% of players and achieving something spectacular. I get what you're saying about the open world though and I agree on some points. I also liked that some enemies were a lot harder and you might need a group, though the drop rates on many quests made it absolutely tedious to level through more than once.

For some people m+ isn't their thing, for me I really like it as a system to really measure your own skill and see how high you can go. What was frustrating with 5-man content back in the day was that it wasn't really that challenging and once you overcame the obstacle (usually with gear) you could never go higher than that.
    Just from my perspective...I want kill Nefarian not because it's difficult fight, but because it's that badass dragon doing the bad things and it's dangerous to (virtual) world - and difficulty of the fight should come from this - he is huge, evil, super dangerous so of course, he should be powerful.

When you remove this feeling and just put several difficulties on his place, killing Nefarian has no impact, no emotion.. it's just "well, anyone can do it no problem" thing. You could say that killing boss on some super hard Mythic level provide these emotions..and yes, it does - however in same way like completing Diablo 3 Greater Rift 90..yes, it's exciting for a second, but there is no immersion, it doesn't means anything in context of the game.

Again, I am not saying it's wrong. I too play these ARPGs or looter-shooters where you are doing exactly this - however, that's not the reason, why I want play MMORPGs.

My 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    Just from my perspective...I want kill Nefarian not because it's difficult fight, but because it's that badass dragon doing the bad things and it's dangerous to (virtual) world - and difficulty of the fight should come from this - he is huge, evil, super dangerous so of course, he should be powerful.

When you remove this feeling and just put several difficulties on his place, killing Nefarian has no impact, no emotion.. it's just "well, anyone can do it no problem" thing. You could say that killing boss on some super hard Mythic level provide these emotions..and yes, it does - however in same way like completing Diablo 3 Greater Rift 90..yes, it's exciting for a second, but there is no immersion, it doesn't means anything in context of the game.

Again, I am not saying it's wrong. I too play these ARPGs or looter-shooters where you are doing exactly this - however, that's not the reason, why I want play MMORPGs.

My 2 cents.
    Thing is I get how you feel but I doubt retail could ever return to one difficulty again. It worked in vanilla by having pretty simple raids that were big in scope and the challenge was less in the raids themselves but more in keeping a roster, getting the full group, getting people to perform somewhat without the wonders of technology we've had since with addons and sites like icy-veins. But I suppose thats a good reason why classic and retail can coexist. You can have classic that has easier raids with long attunements where it's more about getting through it and you can have mythic raiding on retail that's a lot more intricate with mechanics and such.