Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Titan Residuum in 8.3

Was there any official announcements in regards to TR in next raid tier?
    Will they stay or there will be a new currency?

If they stay, any clues as to what the new Azerite items are going to cost?

The cost should/could be 4x as they moved on from uldir to dazar alor, with no new currencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Gpzz View Post
    Was there any official announcements in regards to TR in next raid tier?
    Will they stay or there will be a new currency?

Just continue the current growth curve, that should give you a rough idea. So about 5-6k for 430, ~18-20k for 445.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Just continue the current growth curve, that should give you a rough idea. So about 5-6k for 430, ~18-20k for 445.
    I don't think Titan Residuum will be used in 8.3.

With Benthic gear being able to be upgraded to raid level gear, this will replace Titan Residuum.
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themerlin View Post

With Benthic gear being able to be upgraded to raid level gear, this will replace Titan Residuum.
    Heroic raid gear, while residum can go to mythic levels. Benthic gear is more a third option to gear up when you like world content.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Heroic raid gear, while residum can go to mythic levels. Benthic gear is more a third option to gear up when you like world content.
    Oh sweet!!!

That means my 9000 titan residuum can be saved up and used.....

If specific 415 azerite gear can be bought with 7100 residuum, then in 8.3 it will cost you like 15000-30000 Residuum for a specific item, and something like 5000-7500 for a random 430-445 piece of gear.
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh sweet!!!

That means my 9000 titan residuum can be saved up and used.....

If specific 415 azerite gear can be bought with 7100 residuum, then in 8.3 it will cost you like 15000-30000 Residuum for a specific item, and something like 5000-7500 for a random 430-445 piece of gear.
    From 385 -> 415 it costs about 10.45x more residum(165 -> 1725), if we use that same math, a random 445 would cost about 18k while a specific about 75k(uff).
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    From 385 -> 415 it costs about 10.45x more residum, if we use that same math, a random 445 would cost about 18k while a specific about 75k(uff).
    75 k is not worth it....

Would rather get randoms....

10+ Year Old Account
    75 k is not worth it....

Well, even 7150 right now is a crazy price for one specific piece, i do hope they reduce the price of specifics in 8.2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, even 7150 right now is a crazy price for one specific piece, i do hope they reduce the price of specifics in 8.2.
    Yeah but most of us that have been consistent, have between 9000 - 12000 residuum saved up. Since most of the BiS gear actually comes from raid drops, maybe just one azerite piece is needed to complete the needed talents. Depending on rng we already got it, or some of us that are unlucky with their drops can buy it with all that residuum they acquired.

I have to agree though, I wasn't willing to spend that much either.

I preferred getting randoms. I was lucky and got my BiS on 2 characters right off the bat.

Just save it, its better than anything you can do with it now.

Even if you only get like one third of a 445, its still 1/3 you can farm in advance and maybe get such a piece one week early or even earlier depending on the amount you hoard.

If you have a decent set of 415, there's not much point in spending more right now, no.

And where is an M+ player going to get his 445 Azerite Gear from?

Solo players being able to get some lower instance pieces is just a side effect. The main purpose of Residuum is giving M+ players a way to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatto View Post
    The cost should/could be 4x as they moved on from uldir to dazar alor, with no new currencies.
    Titan Residuum wasn't released when Uldir opened, it came like 3-4 months after Uldir launch and is thus not comparable to BoD->Azshara.

https://twitter.com/tookywow/status/...770027011?s=19

Anyone expecting less than 40-50k per piece is fooling themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Gpzz View Post
    The cost increase (and weekly chest reward increase) will be whatever it takes to make the standard amounts people have been able to save up beforehand relatively useless.
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2019-05-19 at 10:37 AM.

75 k is not worth it....

The amount gained would be increased by the same amount though - It would take the same amount of time to earn enough for a specific piece, regardless of cost. The ramp up in cost is to prevent stockpiling. If you stockpiled as much TR as possible from now onwards, you won't be able to afford a specific piece in 8.2 anyway, and it will likely not even put you a single week ahead of others.

// Better to just use it than not. If you have spare, use it for OS gear instead of trying to save it, because saving it is futile.

Residuum costs will be 3x of what we have now. Blizzard have stated it long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Residuum costs will be 3x of what we have now. Blizzard have stated it long time ago.
    Right now if nothing changes the cost increase is 25x, so good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    yeah my bad ( my calculations were definitely wrong ).

It's amusing people think they would actually go live at 3x. Blizzard have literally always made it so you can't hoard things like this and make patches as close to a hard reset as possible. Only the extreme of the extreme will have enough Residuum to buy a 445 piece on day 1. You're better off buying a BIS piece if you lack one when you hit 7k+ right now because that shit is basically worthless compared to the residum you will get for 10s and higher in season 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It's amusing people think they would actually go live at 3x. Blizzard have literally always made it so you can't hoard things like this and make patches as close to a hard reset as possible. Only the extreme of the extreme will have enough Residuum to buy a 445 piece on day 1. You're better off buying a BIS piece if you lack one when you hit 7k+ right now because that shit is basically worthless compared to the residum you will get for 10s and higher in season 3.
    We will see.

However i searched a little on wowhead

Titan Residuum comparison ( s1 / s2 )

Titan Residuum item cost ( s1 / s2 )

Seems that is a value around 3x and 4x, if you try to see the progression in terms of residuum.

Ilvl 355
    15 residuum ( the first tier which happened )

3x

Ilvl 370
    45 ( the cost of the second tier was 50 )

3x

Ilvl 385
    150 ( the cost of the third tier was 165 )

4x

Ilvl 400
    660 ( the cost is 675 )

3x

Ilvl 415
    2025 ( the cost is 1725 )
    Last edited by Gatto; 2019-05-19 at 07:46 PM.