Page 37 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Because you played it already right?

But there is a ton of people who havent and all of them will play Classic WoW out of curiosity
    And how many of them will stay after month?

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    more than you think. WoW classic has the rare "it" factor that's impossible to quantify. It's just special in a way few games are.

I'm not pooping on current wow, i still sub, but classic wow was legit one of the best video games of all time, and in this era of retro gaming? I think it will age like a fine wine. Not only will old players come back, but new players who have never once touched WoW will try

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akasha64 View Post
    Pretty much. Most Twitch streamers are playing classic and not BfA. And this is before they even opened the floodgates, i.e. let EVERYBODY in, not just a select minority.
    People really need to stop siting twitch, bfa beat out twitch on Numbers your defeating your own argument when you site it for success.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KronoFett View Post
    If a poster on mmo champion has over 3,000 post they will say classic will fail and have nowhere near the numbers

If a poster has under 3,000 post they will say Classic will be a success.

As someone with experience on this website people who talk "badly" about retail WoW get banned and flamed while lovers of retail continue to be supported even if they troll and bully other posters as long as their opinion is in support to retail. This is not a great forum to openly discuss the game in any constructed matter as even the WoW forums themselves give much more freedom for open discussion.
    You don’t sound like you have any experience on the site.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KronoFett View Post
    I have zero idea why people really think the game will fail after a month. The games streamer presence has already guaranteed the games popularity will persist much longer than 1 month and will easily shadow over BFA. Even with 8.2 looking like an amazing patch no one at all cares or is paying any attention to how amazing some of the new content looks. Retail is going to see many changes in the next expansion based on the results of Classic.
    Bfa had a much larger steamer presence this argument doesn’t work like at all.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2019-05-24 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Fixed typo for clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    Because clearly MMO-Champion is a decent representative of the whole of WoW's player base. Wait, no. Let me fix that: Because clearly a portion of MMO-Champion is a decent representative of the whole of WoW's player base.

And the poll question was: "will you play Classic" and not "do you prefer Classic over Modern".

Classic wow draws you in for hours on end.
    You're immersed in world that sincerely feels like an escape from reality.
    Because it takes "hours on end" to do anything in Classic, not because it "immerses" you.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    People really need to stop siting twitch, bfa beat out twitch on Numbers your defeating your own argument when you site it for success.

- - - Updated - - -

You don’t sound like you have any experience on the site.

- - - Updated - - -

Bfa has a much larger steamer presence this argument doesn’t work like at all.
    I don't hate BFA, but that's simply not true. BFA has an awful streaming presence and usually sits outside of the top 25-50.

WoW classic's BETA, was beating fortnite.

I don't hate BFA, but there's no need to lie about it's streaming presence. Even the big WoW youtubers have made videos about how there's little to no interest in their BFA videos

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    I don't hate BFA, but that's simply not true. BFA has an awful streaming presence and usually sits outside of the top 25-50.

WoW classic's BETA, was beating fortnite.

I don't hate BFA, but there's no need to lie about it's streaming presence. Even the big WoW youtubers have made videos about how there's little to no interest in their BFA videos
    To quote my self from another thread.

Going though the tracker my self on my phone (which is a pain).

May 2019 daily 47,219
    Peak 210,274

August 2018 daily 75,517
    Peak 605,264

September 2018 daily 65,499
    Peak 305,405

But just to be clear i’m Not saying any thing about how popular classic will be just that twitch isn’t a good way to measure it.
    The twitch numbers are not a good metric for success and most defiantly don’t point to classic over taking
    Bfa.

Edit: I just noticed my point said has when I meant to put had so I can see the ground for confusion.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2019-05-24 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Because clearly MMO-Champion is a decent representative of the whole of WoW's player base. Wait, no. Let me fix that: Because clearly a portion of MMO-Champion is a decent representative of the whole of WoW's player base.

And the poll question was: "will you play Classic" and not "do you prefer Classic over Modern".

Because it takes "hours on end" to do anything in Classic, not because it "immerses" you.
    WoWs playerbase isn't going to make classic big. It's the players that blizzard alienated over the years that come back.

It immerses you because it requires investment, and that investment feels rewarding.

The twitch numbers are not a good metric for success and most defiantly don’t point to classic over taking bfa.
    fair enough, i was pretty much only used to looking at it's metrics the last few months but i commend that you actually used real numbers and facts in the argument.

There is no way of knowing what will happen until launch, but as a player who can't wait for classic and plan to play it full WoW time... there doesn't have to be this animosity between classic vs retail; we're all WoW players, and there's plenty of WoW for all of us to enjoy.

I don't know why people put so much faith on "hype" alone. There's been games that's been insanely hyped and then dropped a lot after a month or two. I get that some people are hyped for classic but a lot of people I know who are gonna play it are people that moved on with their lives beyond playing every day and that "casual crowd" will play the game but then eventually other things will grab their attention, not necessarily cause classic will disappoint but just because that's how it is. There's a lot of gamers who will jump on and play just about any new game that's hyped, without committing to the 2 year plan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have fun playin with 144 people.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    fair enough, i was pretty much only used to looking at it's metrics the last few months but i commend that you actually used real numbers and facts in the argument.

There is no way of knowing what will happen until launch, but as a player who can't wait for classic and plan to play it full WoW time... there doesn't have to be this animosity between classic vs retail; we're all WoW players, and there's plenty of WoW for all of us to enjoy.
    Classic is gonna be huge without a doubt I’ll personally be skipping it for the first month or so to dodge the rush of people as I don’t plan on doing much out of world content and am in no rush.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I don't know why people put so much faith on "hype" alone.
    Don't underestimate hype, personally I believe it's the real reason behind the big bang.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    No idea. We need to wait and see

The twitch numbers are not a good metric for success and most defiantly don’t point to classic over taking
    Bfa.

Edit: I just noticed my point said has when I meant to put had so I can see the ground for confusion.
    It's a good thing too that twitch numbers don't mean shit, because right now as of this post twitch has world of warcraft at 76.8k viewers. If that number was an indicator of anything that means it would be an epic failure, since not only is that 50 percent down from its peak less than a week ago it's being destroyed by fortnight, league of legends and the just chatting channel.

Like seriously guys. Don't try to use twitch as your evidence. It's just making your arguments worse.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Classic is gonna be huge without a doubt I’ll personally be skipping it for the first month or so to dodge the rush of people as I don’t plan on doing much out of world content and am in no rush.
    I just look at it like both versions of WoW can co-exist and be successful, and there's enough WoW for us all. We should hope both are successful

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're being very dishonest here.

You made a poll to ask whether people would play Classic. You didn't ask whether people would stop playing Live. Furthermore, you made the poll on the Classic Forum on MMO-C which is not very representative of the WoW playerbase.

Now you're trying to claim that information as evidence that Classic will Overtake Retail? Sorry but anyone with a decent mind for analytical and logical thinking can see that your claims are nonsense.

All that you can claim is that 78% of people on a site who pay attention to the Classic Forum will play some Classic. To be entirely honest I am amazed that that number isn't even higher. Hell, nearly 1 in 4 aren't even going to give it a go to see how it is, let alone stick around or abandon Live.

To use an analogy: It's like walking into a McDonald's restuarant and asking the patrons whether they like hamburgers. And when 80% of them claim that they do, concluding that only 20% of people on the planet like pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Not sure you know what niche means then
    Hey man school's out for summer, he's totally into forum posting now.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Yes, it most likely will.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I don't know why people put so much faith on "hype" alone. There's been games that's been insanely hyped and then dropped a lot after a month or two. I get that some people are hyped for classic but a lot of people I know who are gonna play it are people that moved on with their lives beyond playing every day and that "casual crowd" will play the game but then eventually other things will grab their attention, not necessarily cause classic will disappoint but just because that's how it is. There's a lot of gamers who will jump on and play just about any new game that's hyped, without committing to the 2 year plan.
    People who cannot handle Island Expeditions and World Quest grinding won't be able to handle leveling in Classic much less any real content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    You're being very dishonest here.

You made a poll to ask whether people would play Classic. You didn't ask whether people would stop playing Live. Furthermore, you made the poll on the Classic Forum on MMO-C which is not very representative of the WoW playerbase.

Now you're trying to claim that information as evidence that Classic will Overtake Retail? Sorry but anyone with a decent mind for analytical and logical thinking can see that your claims are nonsense.

All that you can claim is that 78% of people on a site who pay attention to the Classic Forum will play some Classic. To be entirely honest I am amazed that that number isn't even higher. Hell, nearly 1 in 4 aren't even going to give it a go to see how it is, let alone stick around or abandon Live.

To use an analogy: It's like walking into a McDonald's restuarant and asking the patrons whether they like hamburgers. And when 80% of them claim that they do, concluding that only 20% of people on the planet like pizza.
    #MurderedByWords
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    People who cannot handle Island Expeditions and World Quest grinding won't be able to handle leveling in Classic much less any real content.
    That's kinda how I view it as well. I know there's some people lurking in the shadows who haven't played WoW seriously for a while who have been wanting Classic but the majority of players currently can't deal with Island Expeditions cap and have to buy Freehold boosts to get to 120, I don't think they'll last very long in classic.