Page 45 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Not a chance in hell if were talking amount of players, BUT i do hope/expect it to be enough players to justify em doing TBC/WoTL servers after Classic
    and then a cata server
    mop server
    legion server
    wod server

HELL YEAHHH!!

split the already shitty playerbase into 192491 different games

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Oh, so the pro-classic have valid criticisms... but the anti-classic only have whining. Not only that is one unbelievably dishonest position to take, but you're also contributing a lot to the toxicity there, dude.

How about this: "the anti-classic have valid criticisms. On the other hand, pro-classic have nothing to contribute by saying 'modern WoW is trash' and 'you're all haters'." See, I can do that too.
    Hey, this is base off my observations. I browse through a lot of forums. I have yet to see any valid criticisms about classic WoW. Most of them resort to trashtalking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    People complain about leveling in bfa, people complain about grinding in bfa. How do you think those people will fare in Classic? I hate to say you're divisional if you think classic is going to overtake.

Irony thy name is InFamous Gerbil
    Whatever you say buddy

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joggerwearerlol View Post
    and then a cata server
    mop server
    legion server
    wod server

HELL YEAHHH!!

split the already shitty playerbase into 192491 different games
    Ill take that over what we got now with BFA, also nice strawman.
    To prevent splitting up the playerbase they could keep up 2-3 servers at all time and rotate, like keep up classic-tbc-wotl, next rotation would be tbc-wotl-cata etc.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Rainyhealz View Post
    Your obviously angry because logic and reasoning is winning against your opinion. Take a walk.
    Actually not. I'm not angry - and I have no doubt that logic and reasoning will win for me.

The idea that current raids are invalidated because someone - with exceptional skill, not you - managed to solo some raid/dungeon sometime(*) is ridiculous - and I'm certain that when/if someone soloes something in wow classic, it will be heralded as a proof that wow classic is better in some way.

The reason it is ridiculous is that those who solo have exceptional skill - and generally gear that they have gotten from raids/dungeons with others. Thus soloing doesn't make grouping together redundant - it requires it.

*: And the monk-soloing during MoP is likely due to vengeance-tanking that doesn't exist in BfA.

Or in summary I believe you should heed the following advice:
    You are
    obviously angry because logic and reasoning is winning against your opinion. Take a walk.

Quote Originally Posted by InFamous Gerbil View Post
    Hey, this is base off my observations. I browse through a lot of forums. I have yet to see any valid criticisms about classic WoW. Most of them resort to trashtalking.
    Then perhaps you should step out of your echo-chamber. Or stop filtering out people's comments. Or both.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2019-05-25 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Then perhaps you should step out of your echo-chamber. Or stop filtering out people's comments. Or both.
    I tried telling you the difference between both sides but you are unwilling to listen. It seems you may have some bias against pro-classic players. Someday you will look at it from both sides. Until then, what you say is meaningless.

The beta already has more concurrent players than Live so
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    That is just false. You need an active sub to get in to beta and not everyone gets an invite. So by definition there are less people in beta

I tried telling you the difference between both sides but you are unwilling to listen.
    No, you're not. You're simply baiting by attacking one side by calling them 'whiners' and 'haters'.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    Where's your source for that baseless claim? And no, that hole in your body where the sun doesn't shine does not count as a source.

Quote Originally Posted by Tweedzz View Post
    That is just false. You need an active sub to get in to beta and not everyone gets an invite. So by definition there are less people in beta
    Don't bring logic into this.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Actually not. I'm not angry - and I have no doubt that logic and reasoning will win for me.

The idea that current raids are invalidated because someone - with exceptional skill, not you - managed to solo some raid/dungeon sometime(*) is ridiculous - and I'm certain that when/if someone soloes something in wow classic, it will be heralded as a proof that wow classic is better in some way.

The reason it is ridiculous is that those who solo have exceptional skill - and generally gear that they have gotten from raids/dungeons with others. Thus soloing doesn't make grouping together redundant - it requires it.

*: And the monk-soloing during MoP is likely due to vengeance-tanking that doesn't exist in BfA.

Or in summary I believe you should heed the following advice:
    You are
    Dont assume what skill level you are talking to. I sold my boomkin for 1k usd in legion as US 8th best boomy. I've continued playing characters and I am not blind as to how catered to the casual this game has gotten. Sorry if you are blindfolded and have to assume everyone on mmo is a casual. Please keep arguing about something that has been disproved with results over and over.

Edit* not trying to boast, but for you to think that soloing content as a dh tank takes skill is completely false. Anyone can do it with the gear. Just no one wants to sit in a mythic 15+ for 2hrs passed the expected time
    Last edited by Rainyhealz; 2019-05-26 at 01:15 AM.

I think retail players are afraid there is a chance classic WoW is going to surpass retail. Blizzard is not going to stop developing retail if classic WoW is more successful. So nothing to worry about my fellow retail players.
    Last edited by InFamous Gerbil; 2019-05-26 at 01:35 AM.

I think retail players are afraid there is a chance classic WoW is going to surpass retail. Blizzard is not going to stop developing retail. Nothing to worry about my fellow retail players.
    Agree. No one has to be worried. Retail will exist. It will just be laughed at even harder.

You see! This guy gets it.

Yeah its main appeal is for those people who cant move from the past and kept clinging on it... It is just a niche.

Quote Originally Posted by Enan1981 View Post
    Yeah its main appeal is for those people who cant move from the past and kept clinging on it... It is just a niche.
    Whether you are right or wrong about those who want classic, I think there are far too many people out there who want to live in the past to call the group of them niche.

Agree. No one has to be worried. Retail will exist. It will just be laughed at even harder.

This should honestly be a great thing for everyone. Fans of Retail can continue with it and fans of Classic can migrate over to the new Classic servers and maybe stop the constant complaining about Retail.

It should be awesome on all counts... somehow I doubt it is all going to go that smoothly though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tweedzz View Post
    Whether you are right or wrong about those who want classic, I think there are far too many people out there who want to live in the past to call the group of them niche.
    Which, to me, just sounds really sad.

Edit* not trying to boast, but for you to think that soloing content as a dh tank takes skill is completely false. Anyone can do it with the gear. Just no one wants to sit in a mythic 15+ for 2hrs passed the expected time
    Whether someone can solo m+ passed the expected time is irrelevant for this discussion; regardless of whether it is factually true.

The original statement was that you didn't need to group up, since you can solo things.
    But you still have to group up to do that contents, and thus the argument is non-existent.

The reason is that soloing a 15+ requires a 15+ key, and you need to group up to get that key (since you don't get higher keys unless you complete it in time). People who actually solo contents, like mionee, understands this and getting the key was listed as a major pain in mionee's farewell interview.

I still predict that when/if people solo bosses in classic it will boasted as an indication of the superiority of classic in some way.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, currently I'm laughing at "vanilla" players who were making all these "totally a bug!!! the vanilla I (totally and accurately remember ) was harder!" posts, resulting in Blizzard actually making a list of "features, not bugs". Which was followed by even more posts, desperately claiming that Classic is bugged and undertuned, because dungeons weren't gruesome six hour long wipefests. And I'm pretty sure the same thing will happen in raids - "nono, Blizzard *must* have screwed something up, Ragnaros was a brutally punishing boss that should have send any filthy retailers crying for their mommies! He couldn't have possibly died so quickly!"