Page 12 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by clausuk57 View Post
    I think a lot of players will realize they are wrong, whenever they start to play classic.

Have you guys seen venruki newest video, he was one of the biggest naysayer and retail baby, but look at him now.
    No. It won't. Simple as that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Most people won't like it even if you played back then. Just because current wow spoiled us. So no.

Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post
    I think that largely depends on the status of retail. I think BfA is the single worst expansion we've had
    Where was you at WOD? THAT was the single worst xpac.

No Classic will NEVER take over retail. especially when ps people realize they have to PAY for it

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who had about 5k+ hours in vanilla and leveled a shaman, rogue, warrior, and hunter: lol nope!

If they had done WoW Plus with modern graphics and switch ups I might have been interested. Unlike old Japanese console games, mmos don't hold up as well and are comparatively boring as fuck and tedious.

Diablo 2 remaster would be up my alley though. That shit holds up really well! I had about 3-4k hours into that too.
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2019-05-19 at 08:08 PM.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by joggerwearerlol View Post
    how much pot did u guys smoke who are saying that they will do TBC and WOTLK servers too
    u really cant be that stupid and think blizzard will split the small playerbase to 4 different wow versions
    they release classic till naxx and then its done

classic will have alot of players at the start because of all those fortnite hipsterfgtstreamers on twitch, and after 2-3 months its down to 10% of retail player base

also i love classic and i will play it. but as soon as ppl see how GRINDY and NO LIFE wow classic is, they will quit.
    classic take ZERO SKILL even braindead people can get rank 14 in pvp because its TIME >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SKILL
    The funny thing is how people scream at BFA for time gatting and grinding while classic was time gatting to the max

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Uhm I said during the end of Classic when WoW had several million subs in the lower regions, not 100-200k on a private server or whatever.

You're fooling yourself if you think it won't be so. The hype and buzz about Classic has ALWAYS been a lot more than about BfA. Classic announcement in 2017 was a lot more popular than BfA announcement.
    Except what happened back then has no value as to what will happen now. Back then vanilla wasn't farmed to death, people didn't know all the strats, and there was no theorycrafting at all. There were no best builds....there was best gear to be hunted as all people mostly cared about ws getting some good epics and having the resistances they needed.

Vanilla was significantly harder back then....it still had mystery to it. Doesn't matter if there were millions of subs back then....it wont have those millions now.

No matter how much you lie about the facts, vanilla isn't going to be big as you and the rose glasses gang *think* it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Classic with all of its content patches has more content than Legion and BfA combined so... Classic can easily last one year or longer. And I am sure if Classic is a success TBC and all the other expansions will follow.

Pretty sure WoW Retail right now has less subs than we had during the end of Classic. So actually WoW wasn't in a worse spot than it is right now due to Blizzard's massive and plentiful failures in the last 12+ months.
    What a bunch of not nonsense bs classic was never high in subs you can sugar coat it all you want but classic was crap , I was there to do it from day one and people will have a rude awakening when they realise what it really was

Were is the poll with 5 out 6 options being a variation of "No"?

It will pull in some returning players as well as a decent amount of people that are still currently playing, but I don't think that many players that cross over will just stop playing retail nor do I believe that classic will pull in enough returning players to create a population that would threaten retail numbers.

I'm predicting that long-term it will be a (relatively) small core group of people that play it seriously and a fluctuating population of nostalgia tourists.

Personally I have no interest in playing it, but considering the ridiculous amount of infighting over the topic I AM interested in seeing how this all pans out.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I remember, the next patch was about to launch in August, right?

With Classic releasing in August, either Blizzard will postpone its arrival, or they'll release both at same time (which I doubt).
    They made a big mistake (from my point of view) releasing Throne of Thunder and Firelands (?) in Summer Breaks, and now they're doing the same with Next Patch/Classic.

If both are released in different occasions, Classic for sure will beat Retail for a few days/weeks. If both are released at same time, retail will win for sure.
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

Yep it will overtake retail for sure if only for a short while.

Retail is in a terrible way with subs being at an all time low, there's never been less players.

Classic will be a hit thats for certain, but i have my doubts about sustaining the player base after 2-3 months.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post

With Classic releasing in August, either Blizzard will postpone its arrival, or they'll release both at same time (which I doubt).
    They made a big mistake (from my point of view) releasing Throne of Thunder and Firelands (?) in Summer Breaks, and now they're doing the same with Next Patch/Classic.

If both are released in different occasions, Classic for sure will beat Retail for a few days/weeks. If both are released at same time, retail will win for sure.
    A retail patch isn't beating classic WoW launch....not even close.

The hype for classic is off the scales.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Castia View Post

Retail is in a terrible way with subs being at an all time low, there's never been less players.

Classic will be a hit thats for certain, but i have my doubts about sustaining the player base after 2-3 months.

- - - Updated - - -

I know it is off the scales, but remember most players did not play vanilla, are insanely hyped and when they start leveling and after 20 hours they're not even lvl 20 they'll give up...

Remember in vanilla mobs did not share quest tags, so on launch day/the day after you'll spend tons of time sitting waiting for the mob and tagging it.
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

For classic to overtake live retail you'll have to be looking at north of 5-6 million players. Not likely. But even if I am 100% wrong, the buzz of the next xpac will put live retail back into the #1 slot. The problem of Classic isn't the so called nostalgia effect, it's a two fold problem. The amount of time needed to be competitive in Classic is over the top astronomical (not for casuals) and Classic will lack staying power. Then again, on the latter point, that's been a problem for live retail for a long time now too.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    Then again, on the latter point, that's been a problem for live retail for a long time now too.
    The silly thing about that kind of thinking is that Classic is literally Blizzard's answer to the "problem" of staying power for retail.

Quote Originally Posted by clausuk57 View Post
    I think a lot of players will realize they are wrong, whenever they start to play classic.

Have you guys seen venruki newest video, he was one of the biggest naysayer and retail baby, but look at him now.
    Does it really matter? Why do you people feel the need to say classic will be greater than retail? No matter what, the way it is designed even if more people play classic than retail they will all have subs for retail.

Personally I think wow classic will see a huge decrease in numbers a month or two in. Based on the "not a bug list" a lot of people will miss the QOL changes in retail compared to classic.

- - - Updated - - -

It's because of twitch streamers other than that you are delusional

one thing is for sure and thats blizzard knows how to milk the cow

In the short term I think it absolutely will, since there's going to be an enormous influx of players wanting to relive their vanilla memories and experience what WoW was like back when it started. Long-term, though, absolutely not. Classic will always be static while retail will keep getting new shiny stuff added at a pretty regular pace. All arguments about what version of the game people prefer aside, one of them's eventually going to stagnate while the other will keep on developing. TBC/Wrath legacy servers might stem this a little, but they'll ultimately be their own thing as well. Classic will assuredly have the interest, but it won't have the mileage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post

That is the thing, in the short term it can....but in the long term it just doesn't have the staying power with many but the most devoted. There aren't going to be millions of people paying $15 a month to play a game that never gets updated.

It's not even beating LoL right now. Slipped to third on the third day of beta. Pretty sure the hype is already dying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.