Max camera distance

The max camera distance in the beta seems to currently use the same allowed values as retail. As you might remember Vanilla has a much more limited camera distance. Do you think will have an affect on gameplay at all?

It what? Camera literally got nerfed in Legion, From Vanilla to Legion, with the setting you had what? 4.0(?) distance compared to 2.6 thats allowed now?

If the camera is at 2.6 in Vanilla then its from the client they are using.

/script console=SetCVar("cameraDistanceMax", 50)

This was a thing in Classic. I remember zooming out plenty far. IIRC (it may have been an earlier patch and was changed later or something), there was no "limit" to this command either, allowing zooming out so far you couldn't see anything but fog.

I also think that even if this part is similar to retail, isn't it a little strange to be nitpicking at something such as this?

#IfYouWantARealExperiencePlayInFirstPerson

As Zentail said, you need to use the console scripts to get a higher max camera distance. The max setting in the UI has not changed over the years, but they disabled the console commands at the end of WoD

Ah, okay thanks all. My mistake for some reason I thought it was much more limited back in the day and much further now!

Quote Originally Posted by NightElfMohawk View Post
    The max camera distance in the beta seems to currently use the same allowed values as retail. As you might remember Vanilla has a much more limited camera distance. Do you think will have an affect on gameplay at all?
    IT had limited distance unless you /console changed it. Then it was able to be made very far.