Poll: Preferred loot system?

What's your preferred loot system (for raiding)?

Just got to thinking about the various loot distribution systems, how I absolutely HATED some and thought others were more conducive to having people outside of your 'core' raid group still want to participate. I always hated the standard DKP system that rewarded players for specific boss kills and you'd get some piddly amount for being an 'alt' raider and sitting around for 4 hours, hoping you'd land a spot (had to be ready at all times!)

I'm sure I'm missing a few but these were the most popular/the ones I was exposed to and used through Wrath.

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess a loot council with open loot lists would be my guess, or at least classleaders who are open to their members. In the end there's shit things about any system tbh.

EPGP doesn't work as well with vanilla lack of loot dropping imo, was amazing for me in Pandaria (first time I in retail I used it, having been council and the occasional DKP since vanilla) but in vanilla it seems it would just end up having half your raid undergeared for months on end for DFT/Nef Tear etc.

Pure DKP, open and blind bidding, is subject to making behind the scene deals etc, also results in half your raid undergeared.

Some sort of DKP with fixed prices I used in retail vanilla back in the day, but that ended up in some priests in 7/9 tier3 and 1 priest in 1/9 tier3 still waiting for their tier3 chest. If anything, a DKP system should have such a decay that saving ends up hurting you a lot, I guess with a fixed price, you could _demand_ of a saver to take loot otherwise disenchanted, saving then, wouldn't be worth it and way too risky.

Loot council is always corrupt, but ends up with a bit more 'fair' distribution if done as well as possible. I haven't experienced non-hidden (visible to officers-only) lootlist but I think that would neglect any rage when loot is handed out, and obvious mistakes/obvious neglecting of a deserving raider. When at one time I had an officer which was pretty open which loot I was most likely going to get (and which loot I did not necessarily want), I found it much less frustrating than having a hidden lootlist currently, totally in the dark as to why person x gets their third item over me, not being able to ask in advance.

Obviously some councils will never work, but as a raider it's not very hard to spot a tight group of friends handing each other loot, even from the outside inspecting their regular raiders vs the officer team gearwise.

Still, for some guilds DKP causes less drama than a council if they cannot get it to work, and some players even prefer DKP in any case.

As for PUGS, I much prefer the blind bidding DKP system currently used on my server over pure rolling. (2 DKP per boss, half the DKP after the run, have 16 DKP MAX, so after ~12+ weeks you are maxed out on 16 DKP, with massive decay) I'm doing both in BWL currently and pugging with /roll in BWL is way too frustrating, being up against other randoms every single week. DKP pugging also makes sure you will see a lot of regulars, making pugging way easier.

EPGP doesn't work as well with vanilla lack of loot dropping imo, was amazing for me in Pandaria (first time I in retail I used it, having been council and the occasional DKP since vanilla) but in vanilla it seems it would just end up having half your raid undergeared for months on end for DFT/Nef Tear etc.
    Yeah, I didn't include EPGP for that same reason--and also because I was never in a guild that actually created 'activities' to help earn points outside of the standard raiding. I know one guild that did use it effectively but it was so over the top organized and generous with it's members, I swear the guild leader/council members must have played WoW as a full-time job. They had regularly scheduled 'gearing' days for new 60's, 'leveling days' for newer members, 'crafting days' where you could earn points by just farming and donating mats for epic tanking gear and such. I know a lot of guilds tried to do that sort of thing but without much success.

I think favoritism in some form is always going to be a thing with the loot distribution. I happened to be one of the first people to get the fire prot recipe, which basically ensured I would always have a raid spot, at least into BWL if I wanted one. Professions in classic were much more meaningful than they are now. Maxing the crafting ones was such an expensive, massive undertaking, especially for BS. It's going to be interested to see everyone so broke again for the first few months. And being able to actually sell low level greens on AH for a decent price.

EPGP or DKP.

Since all of them have their advantages and disadvantages, my personal favourite would be a combination of EPGP and a transparent loot council. I simply do not support the argument that every loot council is corrupt. Also don't doubt that there are many guilds out there who will favour their inner circle (which sucks), however in the case that I'd lead a guild on my own we would make the loot distribution list accessible for anybody in the guild to check out.
    As much of an effort as that implies, I don't see how that promotes corruption. Obvious favouritism can be spotted by anyone, and those who still complain about not being first with a specific item are petty loot hoes from my point of view.

So, transparent loot list with dynamic factors such as attendance, preparation, reliability etc.
    Last edited by noragrets; 2019-05-21 at 06:40 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The one where you spend about two months gear up a specific warrior for tanking Four Horsemen just to get him poached by another guild which already has them on farm.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Lootcouncil, if not abused, is the best way for a guild to distribute gear in a way that progresses the raid the most.

Gotta be loot council. DKP has too many issues.

I don't see a 'Personal Loot' option. This poll is void.

EP/GP option needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    My opinion is a fact.
    Having opinions are F A C T S.
    Stating you do not agree with my world has no impact on mine.
    It is not the same as talking about math either.
    This is talking about MY perception and so to me it is A fact.