Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Could get Democrats to stop wasting time and resources on People from other Countries and focus on helping their own first instead of virtue signalling constantly.
    Could get Republicans to stop wasting resources on redundant defense spending and foreign conflicts that don't involve us and focus on helping the countless homeless, disabled, and mentally destroyed veterans they inflicted those conditions on, instead of screeching about "muh patriotism" all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Housebroken View Post
    Could get Republicans to stop wasting resources on redundant defense spending and foreign conflicts that don't involve us and focus on helping the countless homeless, disabled, and mentally destroyed veterans they inflicted those conditions on, instead of screeching about "muh patriotism" all the time.
    hey trump has to show iran who's got the bigger guns.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    The video is stupid. Majority of it is about how Seattle residents are unhappy about the homelessness and drugs. Drugs beyond what my eyes could see. But nothing about why these people do drugs, or how to properly solve it beyond just arresting them and keeping them in jail. They did have a brief moment when some construction workers happen to appear to chant, "NO HEAD TAX" as if someone paid them to do it. They need public housing and a UBI to get these people the help they need. If they're that concerned about drugs then police that better.
    That doesn't work when the homeless refuse the housing. Throwing money at them just makes it worse. Just like throwing free drugs and needles at them just made it worse and brought in homeless people from other states. You don't know how humans operate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

One way to help is bring blue collar jobs back to america, but its a business and they want to min/max there profits. Businesses that go overseas dont have to worry about safety, benefits and a minimum wage.

Quote Originally Posted by Housebroken View Post
    How can republican do anything in cities that are being run by democrats? How can democrats do anything in cities that are being run by republicans?

The answer is they can't do shit.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    WOAH WOAH WOAH....we can't have that....that would require rich people to make LESS MONEY. this is not conducive to their main squeeze. (rich people)
    Yeah, and how are those policies helping the homeless in these democrat run states? Oh, it's making it worse.

Call me when there's hundreds of pounds of human shit coving a republican city, or the massive amount of used drug needles littering the streets. It just doesn't happen.
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    How can republican do anything in cities that are being run by democrats? How can democrats do anything in cities that are being run by republicans?

The homeless problem is a national problem. What government handles national problems? OH RIGHT, the federal government.

I don't think homelessness is a problem rooted in "not enough affordable homes". I'd wager the vast majority of homeless people wouldn't be able to maintain if given a home. You need to be able to wake up on time every day, go to work, do a good enough job not to get fired, pay your bills, all that stuff. We take it for granted, but guess where you end up if you can't manage that for whatever reason? On the streets. Between drug use and mental illness, the problem goes so far beyond just getting them into a home.

For people that really do want to climb out, we need to have support structures in place for that, but this is a deeper problem than the conversation surrounding it would seem to indicate. For every person who simply fell on hard times and is sleeping at a friend's place or in their car, there's probably a hundred on skid row who would lose a home in three months if given one.
    Last edited by Dacien; 2019-06-10 at 05:47 AM.

Yeah, and how are those policies helping the homeless in these democrat run states? Oh, it's making it worse.

Call me when there's hundreds of pounds of human shit coving a republican city, or the massive amount of used drug needles littering the streets. It just doesn't happen.
    The administration of Veteran Affairs is a nationally funded organization, has nothing to do with state or local governments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop inflating the housing market.

Was no longer than 2010 that I saw a documentry about how there's enough empty unsold/vacant houses to home the homeless, as well, there's of course other factors but once you hit the street, you're going to have a hard time pulling yourself back into the system.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I say we purge em.
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2019-06-10 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Infracted for major trolling

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    What is the solution to the US homeless population. The issue is getting bigger every year and nobody seems to have a good solution for it. We need to take care of our citizens better. I see Detroit is trying to use tiny houses as a way to offer affordable housing to people. I see so many empty buildings in the city I work in that could be used to give the homeless places to go

There isn’t just one solution, u need to find out y ppl r homeless and solve their issue. For some it’s drug abuse, obviously more affordable house does nothing for these ppl. Some have mental disorders, etc. it’s not a one solutions fixes all.

Heavy regulation does hurt the housing market and cuts need to be made.

One of the issues with setting a living wage is the jobs that pay shit r shitty jobs to begin with, and increasing their pay doesn’t solve that issue. The whole system needs to be change imo, we need to move away from college being mandatory. College isn’t for everyone, it’s expensive and most of what u learn won’t be used. Trade school, or school teaching skills more valuable in the work place should be prioritized. Jobs willing to train and build up their staff instead of expecting them to come in trained with a college education for something u can easily train them to do within a couple of weeks.

The real reason is that the people who are really in power in your country don't give a shit about homeless people.
    In fact they're profiting from homelessness. If you're always scared to lose your house and to end up on the street, you're less likely to complain about your job, go on strike and fight for better working conditions. Homelessness as a whole is not really an accident, it's both a tool and a symptom of capitalism in its final form.

10+ Year Old Account
    That doesn't work when the homeless refuse the housing. Throwing money at them just makes it worse. Just like throwing free drugs and needles at them just made it worse and brought in homeless people from other states. You don't know how humans operate.
    Where do you see homeless refusing housing? Who's going to refuse a place where you can sleep and get out of the cold? We throw money at far more useless things in America

Quote Originally Posted by Diliamlol View Post
    One way to help is bring blue collar jobs back to america, but its a business and they want to min/max there profits. Businesses that go overseas dont have to worry about safety, benefits and a minimum wage.
    That's the reason why businesses go overseas, because usually those places lack a democracy where you get to vote for safety, benefits, and a minimum wage. Why you think everyone hates Globalism? Because companies can take advantage of their lack of caring for people. As for bringing back jobs, I hate to tell you but automation is picking up rapidly. The latest news on jobs shows that less than half are being created compared to last year, while a lot of local businesses are going out of business due to Amazon, who seems to be automating nearly everything going on in their warehouses. The only way forward from here is a UBI.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I say we purge em.
    Can we push this guy far far away from a populated area? We don't want him accidentally purging anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Stop inflating the housing market.

Was no longer than 2010 that I saw a documentry about how there's enough empty unsold/vacant houses to home the homeless, as well, there's of course other factors but once you hit the street, you're going to have a hard time pulling yourself back into the system.
    Would you give your vacant house to the homeless when you are not using it and it is empty?
    Or are you talking about other people's houses only
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by d00mGuArD View Post
    Would you give your vacant house to the homeless when you are not using it and it is empty?
    Or are you talking about other people's houses only
    Most people dont have vacant houses, and yeah, fuck the investors.

Most people dont have vacant houses, and yeah, fuck the investors.

I know people here in europe that left their home and went to live and work abroad.
    Or left their home empty in the village and went to work in the city.

And I am pretty sure many people in the states may leave their home and go work in another state if they need/want.
    Or leave their home empty in the same state and go work in a big city.

So the moment people go work in another city, we give their home to hobos?
    Great idea there mate. It will be a huge success I am sure. Go for it

Conservatives are prone to more black-and-white versions of solutions.

Which does not work in many cases, including homelessness and crime.

"JUST DONT DO ANYTHING! BE A GOOD LAW ABIDING CITIZEN, DURRR DURR!"

"DONT MAKE BAD CHOICES, DURR!! DURR!!!!"

"DONT BE MENTALLY ILL THEN! BUCK UP AND SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP!"

It's comical, really. Truly reflects the Stygian depths of their ignorance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by d00mGuArD View Post
    I know people here in europe that left their home and went to live and work abroad.
    Or left their home empty in the village and went to work in the city.

And I am pretty sure many people in the states may leave their home and go work in another state if they need/want.
    Or leave their home empty in the same state and go work in a big city.

So the moment people go work in another city, we give their home to hobos?
    Great idea there mate. It will be a huge success I am sure. Go for it
    Notice how I said most, not all. Its great you know so many people who can afford 2 homes, good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Locruid View Post
    SO why is my credit ok to buy a $270k house, ok for an apartment in Portland where cost of living is WAY MORE than Spokane but not good enough for Spokane where things are cheaper AND I make more money? It doesnt make sense at all
    The home loan is a secured loan. You default, the bank takes it back and sells it to someone else, so their risk is minimal. They probably sold the loan to someone else the next day anyways. The apartment owner has a much bigger personal stake in making sure he's got paying tenants in each unit and is going to be more choosy. (Rising rents is what pushed me into a house way back when.)

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    This is pretty much it. Housing as an investment has to die.
    Any ideas how that would be done?
    And most of all... WHY it should????