Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Working at McDonalds and other similar jobs should be a supplementary income not primary so those do not deserve "a living wage" which I'm assuming you think it should pay for all of your bills, food, and recreation. If they do deserve it, then other jobs would need an income boost and we'd be back in the same place. Why would someone ever want to be a CNA if they're going to get paid the same as someone taking orders at McDonalds. That's ok though since most of them are doing exactly what we predicted with the demand for higher pay: switch to automation. At least 6 of them in my area have cut their staff by 25% and put in consoles to order.

- - - Updated - - -

Weird that doesn't apply when people of a certain group do criminal activities and attack cops and get labeled a certain 4 letter T word and you're called racist somehow.
    Why is it that in the 1980s such fast food jobs paid the equivalent of 18.30 an hour which is livable, yet today the attitude is such jobs shouldn't pay you enough to live?What is most interesting is the people who generally rally behind this stupid idea are those older people who fucking say "back when I worked I made xxx amount" you mean xxx amount which numerically is less but in actually is worth 3x than the present pay today?

Quote Originally Posted by Has lost its way View Post
    The amount of desired space near locations people could work at wouldn't change but you would have a new... for a lack of a better term tier of people looking to buy or rent property with the new windfall they received.

Property isn't something that can be developed terribly quickly and when you attempt to you usually end up placing it in a location far removed from sources of employment.

It would be the one commodity that I would see increase the most overall with a higher minimum wage.
    A lot of the problem is that the people who would be building starter homes aren't building them, because the people who would be buying them, aren't earning enough money to pay money for smaller homes. If you can build two 300k homes and sell them for a profit of 100k, or build three 195k homes on the same property for 85k profit, you're going to build two homes. If you can build two 325k homes and sell them for a profit of 150k, or build three 225k homes (the same homes that would have been selling for 195k in an easier market) on that property and make 175k profit, you're going to build 3 homes. Giving lower income people a larger portion of the wealth generated by economic activity, the market will skew towards catering to their needs, because their needs become more profitable to service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    I see Detroit is trying to use tiny houses as a way to offer affordable housing to people.
    Volunteers, Charity, and Good Faith.

Basically: Unsustainable

Besides, these 'tiny houses' are still not helping the homeless, who have $0/mo income... let alone 800-1000/mo.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

More immigration and foreign aid

Working at McDonalds and other similar jobs should be a supplementary income not primary so those do not deserve "a living wage" which I'm assuming you think it should pay for all of your bills, food, and recreation. If they do deserve it, then other jobs would need an income boost and we'd be back in the same place. Why would someone ever want to be a CNA if they're going to get paid the same as someone taking orders at McDonalds. That's ok though since most of them are doing exactly what we predicted with the demand for higher pay: switch to automation. At least 6 of them in my area have cut their staff by 25% and put in consoles to order.
    Ah yes, because if people wanted lower pay they would never have put in those consoles. You're kidding with this bullshit?

Also those fast food jobs were plenty to live on just for yourself decades ago, so why now is it wrong to get laid a living wage? Why are some jobs not worthy enough to make a living wage.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Stop voting democrat. All concentrations of homeless populations are in Democrat cities.

Give them homes. It's...it's right there in the word.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Working at McDonalds and other similar jobs should be a supplementary income not primary so those do not deserve "a living wage" which I'm assuming you think it should pay for all of your bills, food, and recreation.
    So, it's not a "real job", somehow? -Care to explain or justify that one, at all? What, exactly, about a fourty hour per week, 'on your feet', customer service job precludes it from counting as a source of 'primary income'?

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Besides, these 'tiny houses' are still not helping the homeless, who have $0/mo income... let alone 800-1000/mo.
    That's a common misconception, actually. 28% of homeless families have at least one member who works, though you're certainly right in that 800-1000$/month housing is hardly 'affordable', and there are also issues with these houses not going to their intended demographic. Ideally, these houses could be distributed directly to those in need as part of a social services program, but.. That seems unlikely, given how opposed some people are to lending aid to those in need.
    Last edited by SirKickBan; 2019-05-21 at 04:26 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKickBan View Post
    So, it's not a "real job", somehow? -Care to explain or justify that one, at all? What, exactly, about a fourty hour per week, 'on your feet', customer service job precludes it from counting as a source of 'primary income'?
    Gotta sit on your ass yelling at people and have underlings work their ass off to make you money. That’s a real job. The American way. Anyone below that deserves their poverty.

Etc etc bullshit sociopath/psychopaths pushing their culture on normal humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedrielle View Post
    You can advocate third reich sort of ideas all you like, but don't complain when people label you the 4 letter N word in return.
    They can call me anything they want, I dont mind. Its just lame when they click the report button saying "whaaa!! My feelings!!" And a mod drops the ban hammer. Reason: "made a left winger cry. Please be more sensitive in the future"

Quote Originally Posted by Brewshine View Post
    Gotta sit on your ass yelling at people and have underlings work their ass off to make you money. That’s a real job. The American way. Anyone below that deserves their poverty.

Etc etc bullshit sociopath/psychopaths pushing their culture on normal humans.
    Did you know that 'villain' originally meant something along the lines of 'peasant'?.

...Funny how times just fail to change, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Why is it that in the 1980s such fast food jobs paid the equivalent of 18.30 an hour which is livable, yet today the attitude is such jobs shouldn't pay you enough to live?What is most interesting is the people who generally rally behind this stupid idea are those older people who fucking say "back when I worked I made xxx amount" you mean xxx amount which numerically is less but in actually is worth 3x than the present pay today?
    I worked fast food in the 80s and it paid $3.35 an hour starting out. It was not considered a job that paid a living wage at all. It was high school kids and losers. I was 15 years old and I knew I wanted out asap.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKickBan View Post
    Did you know that 'villain' originally meant something along the lines of 'peasant'?.

...Funny how times just fail to change, huh?
    Thanks for the interesting read reminds me of how upper class still does this today.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vatrilian View Post
    Stop voting democrat. All concentrations of homeless populations are in Democrat cities.
    I wonder if every city became republican what do you think would happen to the homeless populations?

- - - Updated - - -

Weird that doesn't apply when people of a certain group do criminal activities and attack cops and get labeled a certain 4 letter T word and you're called racist somehow.
    You know this comparison doesn’t work right? Advocating for Nazi ideas gets you called a Nazi No one is advocating for thug ideas though and if you swap it to people committing crimes then that means people would have to complain about others calling out Nazi actives like say attacking Jews which no one does.

Fuck homeless people

How do you make lazy and useless people not be lazy? I have 2 and coming up on a 3rd journeyman trade certificates and a bachelors degree ( single mother/ deadbeat father and I'm a metis, so before you cry privilege lol) because im not lazy and useless

Just fucking work hard at an actual career, show up to work be johnny on the spot make it known you want to advance and then prove your are worth it , dont whine that minimum wage is too low ( you're not supposed to be there very long) , use fucking birth control so you don't get saddled with children before your career is stable. Don't spend your money on garbage until you have enough to afford it, don't fuck up your credit. Houses are easy to buy , just save ( im 37 and own 2 and a 4 plex)

Life isnt fucking hard

Oh and the homeless trash the fuck out of places, I spend a few days a month fixing the apartment complex they have for the homeless in my town, they kick the doors down, holes in the walls, smash the windows, rip the plumbing out of the wall, burn the floors, flood them. Not to mention the discarded needles in the bushes, shit in the stairwells etc.

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    The issue is getting bigger every year and nobody seems to have a good solution for it.
    There are people who do, but your political party's job is demonising them.

A major factor in homelessness is mental health too. A lot of mentally unstable people end up living on the streets in some awful cases people are born into homelessness and never live another life. In some of the parts of the country where the weather is decent the homeless issue is growing out of control. In Arizona for example different parts of Tucson and Phoenix are damn near over taken by homeless. I know it is very bad in NM, FL and CA as well.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    I have solutions but I'd be banned for suggesting some, sadly the 1st amendment isn't a thing in this forum.
    The 1st amendment isn't really a thing on any private platform or property.

Average hourly wage in this country is 26$ per hour. We have historic unemployment, where literally job recruiters are going into prisons to get labor. It is a roaring economy with little to no inflation. If your homeless it is your own fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    The 1st amendment isn't really a thing on any private platform or property.
    Like I said, sadly. The ideas from the left wingers on this forum are insane but I wouldn't want to silence them, how else do I get to see who's crazy.