10+ Year Old Account

Back from long HS break, suggest a deck and tips how to get back in the new meta

Hello,

Back in the days i've played a decent amount of HS games, reached couple of times rank 1-2 but never legend and then i stopped.

Now because of my work and not enough time to dedicate to other kind of games i thought of coming back and try to enjoy this game again, while doing ranked games...

So i stopped shortly after Mean streets of Gadzetan was released and when i came yesterday i didnt even had idea it was so long and there's a lot of new expansions, that said most of my decks and cards i had are gone ( only Wild ) .

Any suggestions where to start now, and some easy crafted decks so i can start getting back on track , i was surprised from all these new things like lifesteal etc etc ...

Thanks for all the help

As pointed out in another thread, Zayle, Shadow Cloak is technically a pretty solid way to start off.

https://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Zayle,_Shadow_Cloak

It's a legendary that just gives you one of five pre-made decks, which are all rather decent themselves.

You could also try sticking to Wild and see how far it goes, but the rest depends on if you have any preferences for classes and how much dust you have.

Hearthpwn is still a solid source of information overall.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Alternatively, you can craft Whizbang and use him for decks too. They're in no way Tier 1 or even Tier 2, but they will give you an idea of the fun of the latest expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    As pointed out in another thread, Zayle, Shadow Cloak is technically a pretty solid way to start off.

https://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Zayle,_Shadow_Cloak

It's a legendary that just gives you one of five pre-made decks, which are all rather decent themselves.

You could also try sticking to Wild and see how far it goes, but the rest depends on if you have any preferences for classes and how much dust you have.

Hearthpwn is still a solid source of information overall.
    Hey, Thanks !
    I've already posted on Hearthpwn also ... a lot of things changed there also, i noticed they merged or something and my acc is missing.
    Anyway i was just reading about this Zayle and damn this is not the HS i remember but looks fun , guess i will craft him and start playing with him for the next month .. atleast untill i learn about the other decks ..
    Yesterday when i started to play i saw some rush cats , i was wtf , then magnetic mech's wtf , in the end lifesteal 10/10+ cards also wtf .. i missed a lot , but seems ok

Thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by AlexJordanMK View Post
    Hey, Thanks !
    I've already posted on Hearthpwn also ... a lot of things changed there also, i noticed they merged or something and my acc is missing.
    Anyway i was just reading about this Zayle and damn this is not the HS i remember but looks fun , guess i will craft him and start playing with him for the next month .. atleast untill i learn about the other decks ..
    Yesterday when i started to play i saw some rush cats , i was wtf , then magnetic mech's wtf , in the end lifesteal 10/10+ cards also wtf .. i missed a lot , but seems ok

Thanks for the help
    Yeah there was a few mergers since Gadgetzan hah.

As Stormbringer said Whizbang does basically the same thing too if you want but pulls from a larger variety (The deck recipe lists), so he might be more fickle.

There has definitely been a lot since then though. Off the top of my head, there's

Magnetic, which fuses mechs together combining their stats and effects.
    Overkill, which if the card does excess damage to kill a minion, will proc the effect.
    Rush, which replaced Charge basically, minion can attack as soon as played but only another minion.
    Twinspell, which when you play the spell will give you another copy of that spell to play (without twinspell).

There's a lengthy list of them to glance over if you want here-
    https://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Ability
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2019-05-21 at 04:16 PM.

token druid/zoo lock are cheap and retard proof, tempo rogue is slightly more expensive and slightly more retard proof, control warr is even more expensive and even more retard proof.

pick one, play casually, hit rank 5, by then you'll understand the meta and how all the common decks work, easily grind legend with the deck you saw preforming the best, repeat on day 1 of june, stop playing hearthstone until july.

Here's some more decks.

great game for killing time.
    Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2019-05-21 at 04:25 PM.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I know I'm going to get shit for this but.. I use hearthpwn low cost decks to get the ball rolling on current meta.. but that's because I'm a scrubknight so...

If you're trying to go for Legend - I'm not your guy fam

I think the best way to learn the meta is just crafting the best deck available and diving in. I'd go with something like...

### Bomb Warrior
    # Class: Warrior
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Dragon
    #
    # 2x (1) Eternium Rover
    # 2x (1) Omega Assembly
    # 2x (1) Shield Slam
    # 2x (1) Town Crier
    # 2x (2) Warpath
    # 2x (3) Augmented Elekk
    # 2x (3) Clockwork Goblin
    # 2x (3) Shield Block
    # 1x (3) SN1P-SN4P
    # 2x (4) Militia Commander
    # 2x (4) Omega Devastator
    # 2x (4) Wrenchcalibur
    # 2x (5) Brawl
    # 2x (5) Dyn-o-matic
    # 1x (5) Zilliax
    # 1x (7) Blastmaster Boom
    # 1x (7) Dr. Boom, Mad Genius
    #
    AAECAQcEkvgCoIADm5QDn7cDDUuiBP8HnfACm/MC0fUCg/sCnvsCs/wC9YADl5QDmpQDkp8DAA==
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I've cut Archivist Elysiana from the list for a Sn1p-Sn4p to save on dust and because I don't believe she's a good ladder card.

I play the deck almost like a tempo list. The curve supports it fairly well too. Get ahead, then get 'em dead.