Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Quick debating 101 for you.
    Burden of proof is always on the person making claims.
    And the claim in this thread is that there is an interest in housing.

I'd like housing too. I like it in every game that I play, for several reasons. One of them is I actually like furnishing those homes, seeing what I can make them look like and so on.
    If implemented right it gives an incentive for professions, incentive for doing dungeons, incentive for rare farming and every other form of content you can imagine, idk achievement hunting, pet battles, PvP... everything. Just make furniture and/or recipes for furniture and/or materials for certain rare furniture drop from everywhere, boom, you have all of your former 'I like the garrosin but there's no need to ever leave, which is the problem'-problems solved.

People who don't like housing can still profit from it by providing furniture through professions and selling materials.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    In garrisons you cna change what NPCs walk around, what buildings are shown, each one with a subtly different flavor given to your garrison. You can also change the music in your garrison.

Take a step back and ask yourself. What level of customization would i be happy with. Then consider how long it took Blizz to make Garrisons, and if you are willing for Bliz to sacrifice possibly an entire expansion on making a player housing system that might just end up being "okay"
    there is no need to sacrifice anything blizzard only need to develop thing across xpacks, the garrison tech still there is entirely possible to use it and slowly add more assets or even reuse current in game one, the is full of fully functional buildings and furniture for nearly every race playable and non. Add a bunch of collectible things on bosses loot tables like pets and mounts are, here a fully implemented housing system with 0 gameplay downside.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

7+ Year Old Account
    Something that I am sure blizzard Understand is to make PLAYER HOUSING when they do the Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdomes REVAMP... since then they could make many Players houses that we could buy and Custumize... just think about it....

So they are not stupid... they just know that it has to be done with a revamp since making housing in the current Azeroth is wrong because the Grapics are so bad...

Let just say it straight out, if they made player housing in BFA, it would only be in those zones... making it a half worked system since the zones are kinda few, so I think they KNOW THEY NEED TO GIVE US PLAYER HOUSING, but they will combine it with and Azeroth revamp.

1st, they do a Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdomes revamp "with the current amazing grapics (with players housing)

2nd an Outland revamp (with player housing)

3rd then an Northrend Revamp (with players housing)

Just think about all of the content and Cosmetic items could be droped from EVERYWHERE IN THE GAME if everyone had a house to fill up with Furniture and thropies

WE NEED HOUSING IN WORLD OF WARCRAFT!!!

- - - Updated - - -

When it comes to GARRISONS - that is GUILD HOUSING... one should never give thAT much power to 1 single character and then to every single alt that player makes...

So 1st, make player housing (just housing, nothing to crazy) then 2nd... make GUILD GARRISONS... giving also guild SOMETHING SOLID TO CALL THEIR HOME
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

Garrions were basically a Housing!

10+ Year Old Account
    What for? So that everyone will be locked in their own private instance? Strange... I think I have seen this somewhere...

After Borelords of Snorenor housing is put off for a loooong while.

Why do people keep bringing up Garrisons? They were never intended to be housing. The concept of player housing is good for the game anyways. Just because Garrison's were bad doesn't mean Blizz shouldn't try to make housing a reality.

- - - Updated - - -

Is the game just supposed to stay dungeons / raids? BFA must be a great expansion then!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    The concept of player housing is good for the game anyways.
    People are all up in arms about instancing, phasing and what not and you propose Blizzard fucks it up again with adding little instanced prisons for players? Kk breh.

There should be less instances, not more.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    People are all up in arms about instancing, phasing and what not and you propose Blizzard fucks it up again with adding little instanced prisons for players? Kk breh.

There should be less instances, not more.
    Player customization is severely lacking in this game, which is still an RPG. Housing could be a great system for an mmo, especially if it incorporated social capabilities. I'm not sure what you're argument is - just because the game could use less instanced content does not mean this would be a bad system. Maybe if Blizz focused on things other than Raids / Dungeons, we could get awesome housing content + non-instanced world content.

Players aren't up in arms over instanced content anyways - they're up in arms because they're tired of raids / dungeons being the only meaningful content in this game.
    Last edited by infinitemeridian; 2019-05-26 at 12:01 AM.

Housing could offer repeatable content that would not be attached to the power lvl of a char, would not raise the valid arguments of players required to log and do some compulsory chores to be able to compete in high end gaming and would also give some extra vanity rewards for high end gamers (how many end boss mounts are they going to be able to design before they run out of ideas completely, I would be happy to get away from a raid boss picking up a throne or a portrait or w/e).
    Am really looking forward to it and hope they can design and properly implement a system like that.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    And the claim in this thread is that there is an interest in housing.
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...-had/182837/24

A substantial number of the posts in this thread are people saying they'd want player housing.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Nope, it isn't. It's one of the most praised features in ESO and GW2, and it was one of the few unquestionable strong points of Wildstar (even if it couldn't offset the otherwise dumb decisions from devs). Even in Path of Exile, chasing exclusive decorations and furniture for your "house" is a huge incentive to run challenging content - and it works like a charm.
    I can speak strongly for ESO because I play it, but not GW2. In ESO, it is absolutely, 100%, without a doubt, unequivocally a freemium trap. There are plots that cost >$100 rl money, unless you hoard your subscription bonuses for months without using them, and at that point, if you weren't using those resources anyway, it's just an added consolation prize. I'm left completely dumbfounded why a game like Path of Exile would even has a housing system. Hell, let's make the next Tetris game have a housing system.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    I can speak strongly for ESO because I play it, but not GW2. In ESO, it is absolutely, 100%, without a doubt, unequivocally a freemium trap. There are plots that cost >$100 rl money, unless you hoard your subscription bonuses for months without using them, and at that point, if you weren't using those resources anyway, it's just an added consolation prize. I'm left completely dumbfounded why a game like Path of Exile would even has a housing system. Hell, let's make the next Tetris game have a housing system.
    because players regarding anything are above all else collector, i dare to say that even in wow if we sum up all the player that run contents just for collecting thing like battle pet, mounts, skin for transmog, achie points, they far outstrip those who did pvp/raid for that 0,5% upgrade.

Housing is an absolute strong incentive to run around and do stuff to get that project/furniture/trophy if done well if not like garrison where you get stuck with what blizzard dev like to see then it become a prison, that why to begin with it was a botched attempt and why it has been abandoned after wod.

Housing in wow is absolutely doable technically and will also be a boon to collector what really prevent it to happen is the unwillingness from the dev to let player customize an area albeit an instanced one for them is like asking for their wife.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

What do think how engine development works? Most modern engines are just incremental upgrades of older ones, with the occasional cutting of outdated stuff.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's little to nothing of the original engine left at this point.
    It's more left to something.

Quote Originally Posted by Villentretenmerth View Post
    Garrions were basically a Housing!
    Failed attempt at housing. They could have done wonder for it if they actually cared about the expansion and not be known for the most horrendous cut content expansion created.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Yeah, blizz needs more customization and sandbox content. They also need more content that isn't just combat-oriented. Fucking warframe has housing in your ship, WoW is desperately behind the times and this would be a bigger and more popular system than transmog.

- - - Updated - - -

As opposed to what...yet another raid? I would sacrifice raids for an entire expansion if it meant adding systems like housing and making other systems like Warfronts / Islands good. WoW **desperately** needs meaningful content outside of dungeons/raids. And no, just because that is what has always been the core content does not mean it should remain that way.
    As you saw from Kumorii's post, what you find meaningful someone else finds useless. If they go ahead and make you happy by adding housing there will be threads just like this one with guys sharing Kumorii's opinion raging at Blizzard for not giving them raids because "they were too busy wasting their time on housing."

TLDR, everyone has opinions. Many of them polar opposites. So anyone who says Blizzard is stupid for doing anything is only looking at what he wants. Because there's some audience that wants it.

Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...-had/182837/24

A substantial number of the posts in this thread are people saying they'd want player housing.
    Which is not evidence of a significant interest, if you know anything about statistics.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Which is not evidence of a significant interest, if you know anything about statistics.
    Neither is a few people on forums claiming the feature would be useless. What is evidence is pretty much every competitor having some sort of housing and people using said housing. Or maybe WoW is the only one who got it correct and everyone else is wrong? Somehow, I doubt it.

start the draenor quests man, you get a free house !

not so sure about player housing, but i could stand behind the idea if it were guild/community housing with the ability to rent/get your own room.