10+ Year Old Account

Patch 8.2 PTR - Absorbs & Preventing Dazing Bug, Patch 8.1.5 Hotfixes - May 21

Patch 8.2 PTR - Absorbs No Longer Preventing Dazing is a Bug
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Absorbs no longer prevent dazing?
    With mount equipment coming to Patch 8.2 Rise of Azshara, we've noticed that absorbs no longer prevent a player from being dazed and being dismounted while being melee hit from the back.

Yeah okay, exactly why change something that hasn’t been a bad thing since, what, Vanilla? Why take away one of the few ways non-tanks can prevent being Dazed that doesn’t involve shelling out gold? If Resounding Protection was such a problem then change the trait to no longer prevent dazing. Messing with our Absorbs from spells is wholly unnecessary. What was so broken about it that it was perfectly fine gameplay for over a decade?

This change was not intended. We’re investigating the issue and plan to fix it in the Rise of Azshara PTR as soon as possible.

Patch 8.1.5 Hotfixes - May 21st
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Dungeons and Raids
    • Crucible of Storms
      • The Restless Cabal
        • Fixed a bug that caused Relics of Power to threaten some non-boss enemies.

Fan Art - Romain Durand Barrens Art
    Artist Romain Durand posted his art of the Barrens as if it was in a solo story driven RPG. The art is really well done so be sure to check it out!

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoever worded the absorb concern needs to figure out how give/write feedback. Why you do this on purpose?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruunicus View Post
    Whoever worded the absorb concern needs to figure out how give/write feedback. Why you do this on purpose?!?!?!
    World of Warcraft players have become... something else over the past few years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruunicus View Post
    It's like watching a I wanna-talk-to-your-manager Karen write on a gaming forum, pretty funny really.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

i can guarantee you that somewhere sits a salty ____, saying that it wasn't a bug, but they listened to feedback and changed it and said it was a bug. I am almost certain there are a few out there

He was attacking on purpose because let's be honest, it's not strange that blizzard cuts off qol stuff.

That said, even if i could understand his feelings after seeing that "bug", not being polite is mostly useless because if blizz would like to duck you up it would definitely do it regardless the feedbacks, the hate and so on. So not being polite is worth nothing.

The fan art is absolutely amazing. This looks like a legit reimagined WoW. WoW 2!

I hate first person though, rather have a 3rd person camera that's less top down like WoW, but more behind the character like Mass Effect / Witcher 3 / AC Odyssey.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    i can guarantee you that somewhere sits a salty ____, saying that it wasn't a bug, but they listened to feedback and changed it and said it was a bug. I am almost certain there are a few out there
    Happened in that thread about four posts after the blue.

And it's not exactly impossible either. This change would have been pretty in theme with ones they've been making lately. Glad it was just a bug.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

Oh I am for sure the dazing thing was an "accident" lol

Surprised they said it's a bug. That is for sure something they would usually change and then condescendingly explain to you why it's better game design this way.