Thread: Constellars

Constellars

Hi there.
    I was walking through the Halls of Lightning earlier today and got to thinking about those pictures of the constellar-like things all along the walls there. There's Tauren, Trolls, Nightelves and something kind of human, though it could be Vrykul too there. Do you think this depicts Azeroth's constellars? Do we know if Algalon was actually the only one? Argus seemed to have several, so why would Azeroth only have one? And if they are, do you think their presence or at least their inclusion in Azeroth's ordering somehow made the creatures on Azeroth share a likeness with them?

Dont think about it, Blizzard certainly didnt.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Dont think about it, Blizzard certainly didnt.
    But I do I hope they did think about it and if not, maybe they can think of something to include it. Preferably something that makes sense ^^

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    But I do I hope they did think about it and if not, maybe they can think of something to include it. Preferably something that makes sense ^^
    You just imagined that Blizzard would write something that makes sense. Think about THAT.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you think this depicts Azeroth's constellars? Do we know if Algalon was actually the only one? Argus seemed to have several, so why would Azeroth only have one?
    I don't think those are Azeroth's constellars - I think it's just Ulduars' system uploading the visual of Azeroth's creatures, but since it's graphics cards are Titanic, they show up as little constellations - like the Serpent in the Mogu'shan vaults, who's form was manipulated by the Mogu.

Harbaron in the Naglfar is heavily implied to be a corrupted Constellar.

And as you said, when Aman'thul had it with Argus, the Unmaker exploded into many Constellars. I think this race is just a spawn of the Titans. Not crafted, but somehow summoned by them. Probably made from the same cosmic matter, just... smaller and weaker.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    I don't think those are Azeroth's constellars - I think it's just Ulduars' system uploading the visual of Azeroth's creatures, but since it's graphics cards are Titanic, they show up as little constellations - like the Serpent in the Mogu'shan vaults, who's form was manipulated by the Mogu.

Harbaron in the Naglfar is heavily implied to be a corrupted Constellar.

And as you said, when Aman'thul had it with Argus, the Unmaker exploded into many Constellars. I think this race is just a spawn of the Titans. Not crafted, but somehow summoned by them. Probably made from the same cosmic matter, just... smaller and weaker.
    I agree that they are some conjured creatures, possibly from 'starlight' or something, so less corporeal than Titans, but awake from their beginning on, without the need to form a body. My guess would be they are already some kind of watcher, guardian when they are 'born' and later entered an alliance with the Titans for the safekeeping of the worldsouls when the Titans told them those were in danger from the voidlords.

When I saw those pictures I thought maybe those were the forms they had taken for Azeroth and the Titans included those forms in some of their plans for the lifeforms on the planet. Ulduar was built when there were no Elves around, so why would there be elves in there if not as a kind of 'blueprint' for something that is yet to come?

Hi there.
    I was walking through the Halls of Lightning earlier today and got to thinking about those pictures of the constellar-like things all along the walls there. There's Tauren, Trolls, Nightelves and something kind of human, though it could be Vrykul too there. Do you think this depicts Azeroth's constellars? Do we know if Algalon was actually the only one? Argus seemed to have several, so why would Azeroth only have one? And if they are, do you think their presence or at least their inclusion in Azeroth's ordering somehow made the creatures on Azeroth share a likeness with them?
    They look like Algalon does. There is one Constellar per planet, Algalon is ours. The ones summoned by Argus are not the Constellars of that planet. Most likely they were Constellars enslaved by Sargeras to protect Argus. So when Aman'thul blasted him with a temporal blast, they enacted a counter measure. Dispersing Argus to protect him and fight us themselves while Argus recovers from the damage we inflicted to him.

This is evident in the Mythic fight where they don't show up, instead Argus becomes enraged and counters Aman'thuls power with his own preventing the blast from happening.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Until it's actually referenced in the future I wouldn't put too much weight in it. Some things from that expansion have already been retconned, like that bit with Magni and the 3 talking heads had a lot changed under the logic of "Loken messed with it."

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Until it's actually referenced in the future I wouldn't put too much weight in it. Some things from that expansion have already been retconned, like that bit with Magni and the 3 talking heads had a lot changed under the logic of "Loken messed with it."
    just listened to the 3 talking heads again and they're already saying that Loken is somehow screwing up and that he did something to the other keepers, after which they stopped fighting. I don't know, it didn't sound at all different from what we found out in chronicles, maybe a little vague here and there, which isn't surprising, after all Brann doesn't want to know about it, but only about the dwarves at that point.
    But I'm not sure if some things are different because of the translation, I'm not playing the game in English and while they usually stick to the original dialogues very well, some things also sound very different.

Edit: The thing about the 'prime designate' for example, in German it sounds like he isn't the 'Prime Designate' of the Keepers, but only for his domain. Need to listen again, but I paid attention to that specifically and it just didn't seem like the talking heads were saying he was the one to 'rule' the Keepers. I do think that sounds different in English.
    Last edited by formerShandalay; 2019-05-22 at 11:36 PM.

just listened to the 3 talking heads again and they're already saying that Loken is somehow screwing up and that he did something to the other keepers, after which they stopped fighting. I don't know, it didn't sound at all different from what we found out in chronicles, maybe a little vague here and there, which isn't surprising, after all Brann doesn't want to know about it, but only about the dwarves at that point.
    But I'm not sure if some things are different because of the translation, I'm not playing the game in English and while they usually stick to the original dialogues very well, some things also sound very different.
    The dialogue about Loken stopping a fight wasn't about Keepers, it was about two subtypes of giants (storm and earth ones). Then again the Chronicle used their names (i.e. Aesir and Vanir) as names of the subtypes of Watchers.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2019-05-22 at 11:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    The dialogue about Loken stopping a fight wasn't about Keepers, it was about two subtypes of giants (storm and earth ones). Then again the Chronicle used their names (i.e. Aesir and Vanir) as names of the subtypes of Watchers.
    Oh right! I'll really have to listen to it again, it seemed completely interchangeable from Giants to Keepers while only listening. Now I read the English text in Wowpedia it's very clear that this was what it said.

But the thing about Loken being designated 'supreme' sounded and also reads like he was only designated supreme for the giants. Up to that point the tribunal only calls him 'Sentinel Loken'. Only after Brann gets to the point with the war does it call him 'Prime Designate'.

I know I'm probably reading too much into it, but to me it seems like you could (retroactively^^) read tampering into this to cover up for why the war occurred and why it was Loken that stopped it and only him.

Sargeras likely assigned Argus some extra Constellars, or some shit like that.

Meanwhile Blizzard kind of forgot that the Tauren, the Troll and the Elves only came to be only thousands of years after Titan facilities were originally built. Oh yeah, they couldn't have built those statues recently because the Halls of Lightning were under Yogg's control for thousands of years via Loken and I doubt he would have bothered to make pretty statues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Meanwhile Blizzard kind of forgot that the Tauren, the Troll and the Elves only came to be only thousands of years after Titan facilities were originally built. Oh yeah, they couldn't have built those statues recently because the Halls of Lightning were under Yogg's control for thousands of years via Loken and I doubt he would have bothered to make pretty statues.
    Titan facilities are full of monitoring equipment and actual monitors in the forms of the Watchers - it's possible these strange art installations were made to show the kinds of sentient life evolving on Azeroth over time.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead