Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta love how people belive in this thread they need to be streamers and/or had to play since day one to get in.

If I recall from one of the interviews, they wanted to keep the beta relatively small as there wasn't a huge need for feedback based on the bugs, etc. They wanted to bring in "experienced players" to make sure they got it right. The best way to do it was to invite streamers who reach a broader audience than you or I. This isn't just because of hype. It was to make sure that they got the classic feel right. It is unfortunate that it is the way the game is now, but it is better to delegate to a smaller amount of people (senators and representatives) to get the voice of the people.

It is not a system I enjoy, but I see the logic in how it works. If you got the beta, and your audience is... 1. The only feedback they receive is your opinion. To be frank though, most streamers only care how well they can monetize it for themselves, which is why Apex Legends died so quickly. The best way to monetize classic to to create a sense of missing out with fewer invites, and hype from around the world of the most popular streamers. Sure they'll take a reputation hit, and you'll cry and moan, but you'll be playing. It's classic.

Be patient, understand the world, give it the finger, and then take advantage when its your turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahlah View Post
    Lol, streamer. My husband is not a streamer and got a regular beta invite, don't believe all the whine on the internet. I got a stress test invite like yourself and have also been playing since 2008.

Also, I don't really get why people are crying so much about not getting into the beta (not you necessarily but others). I played to level seven and had a blast over the weekend BUT I'm really limiting my play in the beta going forward because it will just take away from when Classic is released. I just wanted to play it a bit to see if I really want to play it in a few months...and I do!
    Oh! So there *are* normal people getting those as well... nice!
    And yeah, I completely agree. If I got in, I'd probably end up messing around with character creation for a few days and then leave it so that I have all of my hype good and ready for when the flood gates open in August.. so to say, hah. I'm far from any sort of altoholic, I burn out quite easily, so were I to get invested in a beta, I'd prolly have not much left for when it actually counts.
    hence, I'm actually quite glad I got into this stress test as it's a good middle ground for me

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Gotta love how people belive in this thread they need to be streamers and/or had to play since day one to get in.
    Almost every single streamer with more than 200 viewers has gotten an invite. It's pretty BS and no one says that you have to play sine day one to get an invite. It's the opposite, they aren't even inviting hardcore fans. Which should be a priority (I'm saying this even though I started later)

Wrath baby here only got a stress test invite.

Login servers are already full!! That's what I want to see!

10+ Year Old Account
    Login queue over 1000 people...they got the real classic experience in.

server still offline, weve killed it folks

15+ Year Old Account
    The stresstest is to test how to retrieve the realm list

Queues when logging in but server is still showing down once it finds the server. I've gone through the queue twice now and the same thing has happened. Only difference is the first queue was 666, and the next one was 1450.

Trying a 3rd time now. ---- 3rd time resulted in a disconnect from server while retrieving the realm. Queue is up to 1578 now.

Attempt #4. Server is up. "Logging in to game server" lasted about 3 minutes and then took me back to a login screen where I started it all again but now the queue is 2843

Attempt #5: after all that (maybe 5 minutes of waiting) "no realms are currently available" error

Attempts #6-a lot more Various combinations of the above errors/disconnects/etc.
    Last edited by Revak; 2019-05-22 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Updating after 45 minutes of trying to login

Quote Originally Posted by Revak View Post
    Queues when logging in but server is still showing down once it finds the server. I've gone through the queue twice now and the same thing has happened. Only difference is the first queue was 666, and the next one was 1450.

Trying a 3rd time now.

Same thing. After waiting the queue, it crashes trying to retrieve realm list.

Quote Originally Posted by Revak View Post

Trying a 3rd time now.
    yeah third time im logging in now. First time queue was 416, second 893, now it started at 1568. Pretty sure the server will show "offline" again.

Got disconnected. Now queue is at 2100.

Everything as expected :P
    Last edited by crusadernero; 2019-05-22 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Wrath baby here only got a stress test invite.

Login servers are already full!! That's what I want to see!
    I know about a dozen people who don't stream and got beta invites. Now all but 1 of them did play in vanilla so that might have something to do with it. It could just be pure random nonsense too. Only reason people know so many streamers got it is they are streaming it and yelling it from a mountain top. They are also people that test every time the ptr/beta servers are open so they are who you would want to have testing again.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Awesome...
    1400 people in line
    then 1200
    then 900
    then 600
    then 300
    then 200, 100, 90, 80, 70, 60, 50, 40, 30, 20 anticipation rises...10, 7...
    "You been disconnected"
    Rinse repeat...
    Umm, forget rinse, repeat...

then...
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/4d7hfmpcox...808_n.jpg?dl=0
    then
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/yb2h4dx2hl...904_n.jpg?dl=0
    and repeat sequence 2
    then
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/w9we3ae0u1...320_n.jpg?dl=0

id say the stress test fails miserably...
    Last edited by Jotunhammer; 2019-05-22 at 11:16 PM.

Ya no dice for me yet either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    yeah third time im logging in now. First time queue was 416, second 893, now it started at 1568. Pretty sure the server will show "offline" again.

Everything as expected :P
    Yeah.. Third time in the queue now (up to 1666). Last time when I got to the front instead of an offline server I got an error and got DCed though.

I feel they could invite a few more people to the Beta. Its quite hard to find Grps for Elitequests and Dungeons. Compared to Nost and Ely it feels super lowpop. I basically NEVER had to fight over Mobs for a Quest.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    sincerely hope its not a 2005 server being used

10+ Year Old Account
    The server is ON (population low)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Almost every single streamer with more than 200 viewers has gotten an invite. It's pretty BS and no one says that you have to play sine day one to get an invite. It's the opposite, they aren't even inviting hardcore fans. Which should be a priority (I'm saying this even though I started later)
    Of course streamers get invites, since they are free PR, but so many belive only them get in when its clearly not true.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..