Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
LastLast
  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Ectopic. Rape. Incest. There are many reasons to keep abortion safe and legal. The most important is that the people trying to push anti-abortion laws really don't care about anything but controlling women. Everything else is just a bullshit sideshow.
    Are you talking about everyone or just the politicians?

    src: https://www.npr.org/2019/05/14/72331...=1558656023198

    Updated at 6:23 p.m. ET Wednesday

    Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey signed a controversial bill that bans nearly all abortions into law Wednesday evening.

    It's considered the most restrictive abortion law in the United States. The law makes it a crime for doctors to perform abortions at any stage of a pregnancy, unless a woman's life is threatened or there is a lethal fetal anomaly.

  2. #182
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA, Ohio
    Posts
    20,400
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Ectopic. Rape. Incest. There are many reasons to keep abortion safe and legal. The most important is that the people trying to push anti-abortion laws really don't care about anything but controlling women. Everything else is just a bullshit sideshow.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Or it could be for reasons you can not relate to.
    The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that… it is their right and duty to be at all times armed.” - Thomas Jefferson.

    If I do not respond to your post directed at myself, there will be three reasons. 1. You are on my ignore list. 2. You did not make a post I felt was worthy of a response. 3. I simply never saw it, as I do not dig thru posts if I been offline for a while.

  3. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Women's Reproductive Rights.
    Golapoast shifter in action.

  4. #184
    The Unstoppable Force cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    23,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Demasiados View Post
    Are you talking about everyone or just the politicians?

    src: https://www.npr.org/2019/05/14/72331...=1558656023198
    I'm talking about what I said. Not sure what you're point is - perhaps elaborate if you can.

    And if you're going to try and argue that because women are voting this in it's not an issue of women's rights, you can just stop now. Ignorance isn't an excuse for any political movement.
    The less you know, the more you believe.

    Science has promised us nothing and given us everything, faith has promised us everything and given us nothing.

  5. #185
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA, Ohio
    Posts
    20,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Demasiados View Post
    Are you talking about everyone or just the politicians?

    src: https://www.npr.org/2019/05/14/72331...=1558656023198
    Yeah, that is old news. They even have a thread dedicated to it on the Politics sub-forum.
    The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that… it is their right and duty to be at all times armed.” - Thomas Jefferson.

    If I do not respond to your post directed at myself, there will be three reasons. 1. You are on my ignore list. 2. You did not make a post I felt was worthy of a response. 3. I simply never saw it, as I do not dig thru posts if I been offline for a while.

  6. #186
    The Unstoppable Force cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    23,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Demasiados View Post
    Golapoast shifter in action.
    Women's reproductive rights are about women's rights overall. The fact that you don't know/understand that just further proves our point.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Or it could be for reasons you can not relate to.
    Please, try and relate them. If you can't explain your argument, the argument doesn't exist.
    The less you know, the more you believe.

    Science has promised us nothing and given us everything, faith has promised us everything and given us nothing.

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I'm talking about what I said. Not sure what you're point is - perhaps elaborate if you can.

    And if you're going to try and argue that because women are voting this in it's not an issue of women's rights, you can just stop now. Ignorance isn't an excuse for any political movement.
    Correct me if i am wrong. But you just used ectopic argument for pro abortions when even anti-abortion isnt agaisnt it.

  8. #188
    The Unstoppable Force cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    23,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Demasiados View Post
    Correct me if i am wrong. But you just used ectopic argument for pro abortions when even anti-abortion isnt agaisnt it.
    Anti-abortion is against it. The law you cited makes all abortions illegal - including when the health of the women is in danger (but of course frozen embryos are exempt - more proof it's all about control and zero about abortion).
    The less you know, the more you believe.

    Science has promised us nothing and given us everything, faith has promised us everything and given us nothing.

  9. #189
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Women's reproductive rights are about women's rights overall. The fact that you don't know/understand that just further proves our point.
    Again, when had sex ceased to be part of the reproductive act?
    Why is the pro abortion side suddenly going on sex strikes?

  10. #190
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA, Ohio
    Posts
    20,400
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Women's reproductive rights are about women's rights overall. The fact that you don't know/understand that just further proves our point.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Please, try and relate them. If you can't explain your argument, the argument doesn't exist.
    I can't on here. Against the forum rules. But my point still stands. If you do not see them, then that is your choice. But basically speaking, I agree a woman should have control over her body. But when they are pregnant, there is two bodies involved.
    The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that… it is their right and duty to be at all times armed.” - Thomas Jefferson.

    If I do not respond to your post directed at myself, there will be three reasons. 1. You are on my ignore list. 2. You did not make a post I felt was worthy of a response. 3. I simply never saw it, as I do not dig thru posts if I been offline for a while.

  11. #191
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Anti-abortion is against it. The law you cited makes all abortions illegal - including when the health of the women is in danger (but of course frozen embryos are exempt - more proof it's all about control and zero about abortion).
    Arent frozen embryos just eggs?

    Edit: Okay, my bad

  12. #192
    The Unstoppable Force cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    23,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Demasiados View Post
    Again, when had sex ceased to be part of the reproductive act?
    Why is the pro abortion side suddenly going on sex strikes?
    You'll have to thread that argument a little better. The above is just nonsense responding to my point. Can you elaborate?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I can't on here. Against the forum rules. But my point still stands. If you do not see them, then that is your choice. But basically speaking, I agree a woman should have control over her body. But when they are pregnant, there is two bodies involved.
    Ah, gotcha. Well, again, that is a choice - not a fact. And you're welcome to your choices, just as women are as well. But if a woman doesn't believe in what you believe, why does she have to live by your rules?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Demasiados View Post
    Arent frozen embryos just eggs?
    No. Do you know the difference between an egg and an embryo?
    The less you know, the more you believe.

    Science has promised us nothing and given us everything, faith has promised us everything and given us nothing.

  13. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    You'll have to thread that argument a little better. The above is just nonsense responding to my point. Can you elaborate?
    I mean, women are not being straped to beds and turned into babymaking machines, rapes are not legal.
    Ah, gotcha. Well, again, that is a choice - not a fact. And you're welcome to your choices, just as women are as well. But if a woman doesn't believe in what you believe, why does she have to live by your rules?
    Because the rules are same for all?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    No. Do you know the difference between an egg and an embryo?
    Got it. Just how does that work?
    Its frozen, therefore outside of the womens body. Whose choice is it in this case?

  14. #194
    Scarab Lord The Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hallownest
    Posts
    4,591
    Look, this is getting us nowhere. I mean, we all know the correct stance on abortion (mandatory in all cases, legal through the 100th trimester) so can we get back to discussing why people with relatively simple and easily attainable life-satisfaction criteria have high life-satisfaction ratings?

  15. #195
    The Unstoppable Force cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    23,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Demasiados View Post
    I mean, women are not being straped to beds and turned into babymaking machines, rapes are not legal.
    But abortion is illegal if a woman is raped and a pregnancy results. Again - all about control, and nothing about other issues. Otherwise, what about the frozen embryos?


    Because the rules are same for all?
    Exactly - choices are personal, and should remain so. Ghostpanther's choices are not mine, nor yours. Why do you have to follow my choices?
    The less you know, the more you believe.

    Science has promised us nothing and given us everything, faith has promised us everything and given us nothing.

  16. #196
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cretaceous Period
    Posts
    19,284
    We don't allow discussion of religion here.

    | youtube | twitch | twitter
    |

    for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaArleeVenara

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •