Poll: Do you plan on gaming forever?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Gaming is generally my favorite hobby, so yes I will always be a gamer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    the idea that gaming is only for kids, is a thing of the past.
    I will always be. The millenials will be the first era to have a LARGE amount of "old" gamers entering the next decade. Will be interesting to see what that does socially, for gaming culture.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Been gaming since the 70s...since I haven't stopped by now, I doubt it is going to happen.

I will be a gamer until i die...

i will be a gamer in heaven..

... i will haunt your dreams and enter your games and haunt your games...

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Even if I ran out of new games I was interested in, I'd have old games I'd still want to play, and I'd play them for years or decades. It would be highly unlikely for that to happen however, so I'll certainly be gaming for the rest of my life, assuming there's not some major catastrophic event that wipes out all electronics and our ability to make them. And even then? There's still board games and tabletop RPGs!

Till I'm dead anyway. Life is but a game you know

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyfire14 View Post
    I will always be. The millenials will be the first era to have a LARGE amount of "old" gamers entering the next decade. Will be interesting to see what that does socially, for gaming culture.
    if its anything like effect Shirley Curry is having on her subscribers - I personaly welcome the heck out of it. (and its nice to be in a guild where you are not the oldest person :P I think one of my GMs in ESO is.. 68 or something like that )

honestly though people expect as they get older that they are supposed to "mature' and "become adults" and stop carrying about all the nerdy and fun things so much but the truth is... adulthood and maturity is not about giving up hobbies you love or people that are into the same nerdy things you are, its about prioritizing your responsibilities and your loved ones. (and its also kinda why i'm a dirty casual, even though gaming is something that will always be a significant part of my life, because among other things, it inspires my creativity - but I need to be able to pause and walk away on a short notice and all that jazz)

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't intend on changing who I am and what I like to do as a hobby. People don't like it then they can piss off. I will be gaming until I'm 80 years old in my death bed.