Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    Not a problem.

That dude said he likes griefing and he's a streamer, so he's a certified jerk. I hope all streamers stay on PvP realms.
    Not going to watch the video as he looks like a total douche, and your comment pretty much sums it up.

So he enjoys griefing, but is upset people may target him to grief?

Does he make any valid points in the video?

I'll be trying to avoid any servers with a big streamer, but I'm in the EU, so at least I won't have to try and avoid a toxic server that Asmongold and Soda will create.

Just had a thought, is he upset he is unable to grief people because people will see what he is doing on his stream?
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2019-05-30 at 10:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Not going to watch the video as he looks like a total douche, and your comment pretty much sums it up.

So he enjoys griefing, but is upset people may target him to grief?

Does he make any valid points in the video?

I'll be trying to avoid any servers with a big streamer, but I'm in the EU, so at least I won't have to try and avoid a toxic server that Asmongold and Soda will create.

Just had a thought, is he upset he is unable to grief people because people will see what he is doing on his stream?
    If you watch the video you will see that it's taken out of context because people want to be outraged.

He explains that he likes grief-ing in the sense that it adds dynamics to the game, not the act of grief-ing itself. It's the same sort of dynamic world pvp provides over battlegrounds, essentially the entire reason people play on PVP realms.

I'm not making excuses for him because I don't care but you shouldn't judge people by how they look you giant idiot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Isn't stream sniping considered griefing? Which is against ToS if I remember correctly. I mean it is a type of griefing that is done within the game, but the source is from the stream.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    How will Blizzard deal with this thing? It was not certainly vanilla issue at all because streaming wasn't that popular back then.

e: the problem is that stream sniping will put guilds to disadvantage, other guilds will see their location and everything, ruining the experience.

And guys like this will gank everyone else with their guilds and fanboys.
    Going to happen, but how is this a "big" problem? It has an easy solution (don't live stream, run it with a delay if you just *have* to stream it).

The guy in the video is a griefer, and those did exist back in the day (there were a couple of instances where they would disrupt an in-game parade honoring a player who died in real life), so nothing has changed...so, again, how is this a "big" problem?

Don't roll on a PvP server?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Add a delay to your stream if it bothers you that much.
    idk if you know, but it would require like a 5 minute delay, which would make stream horrible cause then you could never interact with chat.

anything less and it would be easy to pinpoint someone, hell it may need to be even longer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Going to happen, but how is this a "big" problem? It has an easy solution (don't live stream, run it with a delay if you just *have* to stream it).

The guy in the video is a griefer, and those did exist back in the day (there were a couple of instances where they would disrupt an in-game parade honoring a player who died in real life), so nothing has changed...so, again, how is this a "big" problem?
    and tell me how streamign with a 5+ minute delay will at all be a good experiance?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xemioza View Post
    Who watch streamers O-o ? You guys know you can play the game yourself(?)
    who watches football players? you know you can just play football yourself
    who watches racecar drivers? you can just drive yourself
    who watches football players? you can just play football yourself (as in soccer football)
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Isn't stream sniping considered griefing? Which is against ToS if I remember correctly. I mean it is a type of griefing that is done within the game, but the source is from the stream.
    I don’t really see how you can prove it unless the sniper is a streamer themselves or just excessively targeting them

Stream-sniping, or rather it's penalization is only a thing because streamers are cash machines for the game companies.

If you're playing a game where you compete with other players, or at least where "accidental" / world pvp may occur, and you choose to show it to the entire world, then you are deliberately putting yourself at a disadvantage, and those who want to, should be able to use that against you without any repercussions. I think it's utterly bizzarre that this is actually bannable in so many games, to go and kill a guy, who just outs his location publicly for everyone to see. It's not "Stream sniping" it's being smart.

People who chose to stream in real time are putting a target on their backs, and it's ridiculous that people are being punished for taking advantage of that. It makes no sense, other than the company protecting people promoting its game.

Fuck ‘em. It’s war. Gathering intel is part of the game. If you’re going to broadcast your current position and that of everyone around you, don’t be surprised when people use it to their advantage....

You say you enjoy griefing. Well...it’s a two way street, champ.

Regardless, know what doesn’t happen to me when I’m playing the game? Getting stream sniped. Know why? Cause I have a real job and couldn’t imagine lowering myself to begging for money on camera while I play games all day and night.

Like so if you’re bidding a job, and the other bidders put their bid number across their chest....and you didn’t read their bids and adjust yours accordingly, you’re a fucking dummy.

If there’s a streamer on my server (some piddly 50-40, 100-300 guy) and I want to wpvp. Bet your ass I’m loading up his stream to see where he is at. It’s a free opposite faction /who

My only thoughts on the matter is if people can play all the other games, especially FPS ones, where stream sniping makes a massive impact, can deal with it then WoW streamers can deal with it.

If you don't want people to see what you're doing in a game, don't stream it. If you're upset because someone is watching your stream, turn the stream off. Otherwise don't complain, stick a delay on, hide your ingame chat/minimap and get on with it. Yeah stream snipers suck but you're broadcasting your game to the world, what do you expect?

There’s no difference. Choosing to engage in griefing and being in philosophical agreement with griefing (but not doing it yourself) and bitching when you are the subject of griefing still makes you a hypocrite.

I fall into the same camp as him, I see griefing as totally legitimate, yet I don’t griefing often. Is being griefed a shitty experience in the moment? well ya duh. Has any instance of being griefed caused me to either post about it or reverse my philosophical position on griefing? Not at all.

It seems to be that sonii hasn’t made the logical leap that for him to be okay with griefing he has to be okay with being griefed.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    They already made a redirect to an updated page, but here is that:
    https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/10184
    old link: (https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...-on-PvP-Realms )

Quoting important part so people won't have to click a link:
    then why did your friend get banned?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Taliesin and Evitel, two very popular streamers from EU, in our guild.
    nope. Never happened.

Streams for attention, gets (negative) attention, complains about attention.

Easy solution - Don't stream Classic if you can't handle the attention, or add a delay to your stream.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

It's not an issue at all. If anything it makes the game more interesting and gives it a new dimension.

He brings up "issues" that are related to the fact that he is streaming by his own choice, which he knows would expose him to more players than if he wouldn't.

On top of that, "griefing" is just a way to negatively misrepresent things that are meant to happen by the game's own design.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2019-05-31 at 12:37 AM.

Ive got several world first to max level in open world pvp games, you know mY secret? i dont stream cause i dont want people to know where i am or my tactics...(did steam for a little because people thought i was hacking, instantly stream snipers everywhere as i wasn't running a delay, as i couldn't be fucked setting it up, so my problem really)
    Last edited by SKYeXile; 2019-05-31 at 12:56 AM.
    Xilë - Affixed - Frostmourne

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    then why did your friend get banned?
    For "griefing", as GM decided to act upon reports he received.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

who watches football players? you know you can just play football yourself
    who watches racecar drivers? you can just drive yourself
    who watches football players? you can just play football yourself (as in soccer football)
    I agree to some extent - however the big difference is we are generally watching athletes (including racecar drivers) performing at a level the vast majority of ppl could never hope to achieve, with equipment and on tracks we would never have access to.

I do agree with you in theory, but they are not exactly direct comparisons. I guess it would be more accurate if comparing to method streaming world first race, or very high end pvp - But that theory gets shakey when we look at who the top streamers are, and they are not usually high end players.

- - - Updated - - -

For "griefing", as GM decided to act upon reports he received.
    So its not against the rules EVER, unless a GM decides it is against the rules and decides to act? Is there a language issue here?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    So its not against the rules EVER, unless a GM decides it is against the rules and decides to act? Is there a language issue here?
    Yes, GM is your judge, jury and executioner. You can appeal his decision tho. But if he decides that you are going too far they have all the power in the world (of warcraft) to stop you, especially back in TBC, when things were... easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Yes, GM is your judge, jury and executioner. You can appeal his decision tho. But if he decides that you are going too far they have all the power in the world (of warcraft) to stop you, especially back in TBC, when things were... easier.
    I thought there was no "too far"?