Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    You shouldn't insult people when you are guilty of the same thing.
    I: List fact of how mens fashion changed from the pomp to why mens fashion became simple, and how the early black suit came about and how it ties to the rise in popularity of the cultural phenomenon of the "serious Christians" who's success captured rulers around the world who wanted to mimic them.

You: turn this into, I am hating and insulting christianity.

Pardon? Is comprehension not your strongest area?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I: List fact of how mens fashion changed from the pomp to why mens fashion became simple, and how the early black suit came about and how it ties to the rise in popularity of the cultural phenomenon of the "serious Christians" who's success captured rulers around the world who wanted to mimic them.

You would think a guy that has prattled on endlessly about his supposed service in Vietnam would have an understanding of the footwear worn by people in the 70s.

You know platforms were a big thing for men and women alike in that era....

But you did indirectly help catch him in another lie.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Well, I do try to avoid a condescending tone.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

I mean my cowboy style workboots have a bit of a heel to them(two inch), but I just call them boots.
    I get it. They're trying to break down gender specific names for the same thing, but Im just going to keep calling them boots and call it a day.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Heels on men or women aren't a good idea, they're terrible for your feet.

That heel in the photo is definitely high enough to be considered high heeled shoe.

Looks like tweed or a tweed/poly blend. Ask for fitted and see a tailor.
    I'll never understand the fetish some women have with wanting to be tall. Then again, as a guy, I like shorter women more than I do tall women. I'm not really tall, at 6'0, but that's like the optimal height for men. I've known some tall women in my life, but it's even funnier seeing women who are 5'9-6'0 wearing 3+ inch heels.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was men who first wore high heels a few hundred years or so ago, although it was only men of high society that wore them.. It was then that women then adopted them and have become what we have today..

https://people.howstuffworks.com/cul...them-first.htm
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-13/why-do-we-wear-high-heeled-shoes/9135936
    Last edited by grexly75; 2019-05-25 at 02:28 PM.

Well, I do try to avoid a condescending tone.
    Who gives a flying fuck of the tone?

The tone of the original post wasn't condescending.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who gives a flying fuck of the tone?

The tone of the original post wasn't condescending.
    Apparently you don't. Lol! But I made my point and all we doing now is getting into a circle of disagreements. I am done.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Apparently you don't. Lol! But I made my point and all we doing now is getting into a circle of disagreements. I am done.
    What the fuck are you disagreeing with?

the fact that the rise of successful "serious christians" shifted the way people saw fashion including rulers who LITERALLY WROTE HOW THEY WERE INFLUENCED was a thing? You disagree with that?

I don't see a circle of disagreement I see a denial of facts by you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pentai View Post
    That's one nice looking suit, what do i ask for if i want something like that in terms of fit and fabric?
    Don't buy off the rack, consult a tailor.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnedge View Post
    Yes. MSN trying to feminize men by saying shit like this though. I guess it's their way of checking our privilege for us.
    Who cares if men wear heels? Nothing should be restricted to gender.

As long as they are men's shoes I don't have anything against it , the title of the article and thread made me think they actually were wearing women's open shoes and that's just ridiculous for a man to wear in public.

This is what Berlusconi and Sarkozy wear
    Last edited by valax; 2019-05-25 at 03:16 PM.

Not true. Look at this video. Rick James is wearing heels.

Just a click-bait empowered by the stupidity of the current culture wars?

THESE are high heels... =P.

EDIT: There "might" be more examples out there but this came into my head first when I saw the title of this thread lol.
    Last edited by Gaebryel Quintyne; 2019-05-25 at 03:38 PM.

So the op just fell for a click-bait. That's what I got out of this thread so far.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaebryel Quintyne View Post

THESE are high heels... =P.

EDIT: There "might" be more examples out there but this came into my head first when I saw the title of this thread lol.
    Ugh that is some terrible lyrical writing, the aesthetic is nice but the lyrics are totally unrelatable. It doesn't help that I don't find any of them particularly attractive.

Is the complaint here that those shoes with heels higher than normal are called high heels?

LOL I didn't know the thick soles of my motorcycle boots are considered "heels" ( some are about the same size as the pictures)

10+ Year Old Account
    My cowboy boots have a heel like that, they're quite comfortable and nobody around here gives a shit.

Stop trying to find things to be offended over.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.