Poll: Did you play Classic Wow?

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Did you play Classic Wow back in the days?

Simple question, just wondering how many people here actually played VANILLA!

(title should be vanilla, not classic)
    Last edited by Wild; 2019-06-05 at 03:45 PM.

Started on launch day. Didn't really know what to expect, had never played a Warcraft game before, but I'd been into MMO's since 1999. Was playing EQ2 leading up to the release of WoW. Once I got a taste of WoW, never logged back into EQ.

Started on beta. Was nice for its time. Won't look back.

Btw, we could nitpick the thread title. Back in the days was Vanilla, not Classic.

watched my friend play beta as an UD Warlock and he basically ran around in ghost form from dying all the time.. still loved watching and ended up playing right off launch as a NE Hunter.

Total nub, lvled to 43 and didn't train since lvl 16.

Started on CB, played ~10-15 hours a day (the joys of teenage years lol), still to this day the running joke in my family is how I skipped Thanksgiving that year. It's amazing how far QoL changes have come from classic. From cast speed (and "knockback") to not having AoE loot it's so... I don't know classic isn't bad for not having it but it's definitely things like that, that will be something to get used to missing.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, missed the boat. Joined in 2007 during BC's lifetime. Looking forward to seeing life at 60 without feeling pressured to jump right into Outland questing.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Started on a WotLK private server in late 2009 sadly. Far from perfect, but it was enough to make me fall in love with WoW, even more so when they released a blizz-like realm (previous ones had x15 rates or something).

After a few years playing there took a big break from WoW. When I started making some money of my own I got into retail, around half-way through MoP.

Yes I did. Even went out of my way to try and get a key for the chinese open beta. Which you could get easily if you just grabbed an adress that wasn't already registered.
    That test was however futile because as soon as you logged in, all you saw were gnomes and dwarves as far as the eye could see. Like an ocean of them, all jumping up and down and had 5fps or so.

Had to wait till release of it then played it up until WOTLK where I quit.
    I don't really miss vanilla tbh so I don't plan on going back.

Yes and WAY to much.

Played a few weeks after it launched in the EU. My brother and a few friends were already playing it. Looking forward to classic wow but also enjoy the current game

Yep maxxed out my Shaman on a PvP server. It was a nightmare so I will be doing PvE in Classic this time around.

I joined around when Maraudon came out and didn't hit level 60 until after Naxx came out. My first and only vanilla 60 was a mage. I never did any content at level 60 besides some Scholo/Strath runs. I played on Steamwheedle Cartel and mostly RPed.

Started in February 2006 with a warrior that became my main for the following decade before quitting at the end of Nighthold (the never-ending AP grind AFTER finishing mythic progress was too much of a time sink on top of a full-time job).

Took my sweet time leveling (about 5 months) and running instances multiple times just to get all the items as I wasn't fussed about doing endgame back then.

By the time I did reach 60 Naxx had just come out, the most of Vanilla endgame I got was grinding AV for TuF and turning up to MC pugs as arms DPS to waste a debuff slot (at the time I had 0 knowledge of the debuff cap) with notions that battlegear of valor was actually good for anything. The magic of vanilla was being unknowably terrible and still enjoying yourself.

Returning to classic for me is like returning to a retro game you never finished &/or fully grasped to fully explore it for nostalgia's sake.

yes started in beta because my friends from Dark age of Camelot all wanted me to join them , did not really like the beta but started anyway on release day with them , and got hooked over time .

I still think classic was pretty bad , but i know many friends that are happy to experience that old game , so i guess ill have to replay that with the new guys we met on the way , since we play togheter since over 10 years now for most of us

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course not. Classic WoW is still in beta...

I did play vanilla though. Started in the last closed beta before launch and then the open beta. Was hooked right from the start. As someone who came from other MMO's at the time like UO, DAoC, and then Shadowbane, I was really impressed with the game. Even little things were just so polished and well done. For example, I thing I spent 10 min. just running around in the snow in the dwarf starting zone. The fact that it made a snow crunching sound when you walked and left footprints in the snow was astounding back in 2004. I remember the few days between the end of the open beta and the day of launch being a pain. I just wanted to play already.

7+ Year Old Account
    I leveled a warrior and hunter to 60 back then. Got them to rank 11 just for the cheap mount. Farming gold back then was a pain in the ass.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but very casually. I raided a bit, but I didn't really in to the hardcore raid scene until TBC.

Sadly missed that era, Started playing when The Burning Crusade launched, with the basic game of course, but with in a week or two bought the expac. This is one of the reasons I can't wait for Classic Wow servers, I know what to expect, and get to experience stuff I missed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Still playing since 2005 every expansion. Had some breaks but yeah still got it. Vanilla, TBC and Wotlk playing whole time almost next expansions with much bigger breaks. I would play classic also but more casual.

I started WoW in January of '05. Prior to that, I'd played EQ from '99-'04. Took about six months off MMOs, then an old guildie from EQ stopped by my house to more or less persuade me to buy WoW.