Blu-Ray drive never working

I've recently tried out several blu-ray drives, (HAZYYO Desktop Internal; LG External Bluray player, and the latest MthsTec model); with different software apps to run them.
    Leawo,
    Free Blu-Ray Player (Amazing-Share shit),
    Cyberlink Media Suite,
    PotPlayer

Currently using VLC, and I tried the trick to get that to work on blu-ray, but nada...

I have to wonder if blu-ray disks aren't some sort of geek joke to get you to buy a Playstation or something.

Ah..a small point to consider; No internet connection. (although I'd have to wonder why that would be a problem)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious did your computer come with windows 7 and was it upgraded to 10? If both are the case it's likely you won't be able to play legit blu-rays using legit software. (legit being Cyberlink Powerdvd or Corell Windvd, (total media center is no longer sold or updated)) You will need an internet connection periodically to update these as newer movies with updated AACS versions won't play on outdated players (This goes for all software and hardware players.).

Also keep in mind these companies rarely offer free updates after a year has passed unlike consoles (which should get updates till they are obsoleted) or dedicated blu-ray players which often get them for longer than consoles.

As for the DRM-breaking options, we can't help you with that as they are illegal in many parts of the world and thus not allowed on these forums

Yes to the first...Win7 to Win10.

If I need the internet to get my drive to work with "free" software, then this whole blu-ray shit is indeed a scam.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Yes to the first...Win7 to Win10.

If I need the internet to get my drive to work with "free" software, then this whole blu-ray shit is indeed a scam.
    They never claimed it would play your blu-ray movies with free software outside of whatever it may have included assuming it included anything at all.

Anyhow, you won't need an internet connection directly on that machine for updates legit or not. (sneakernet will do)

PC Blu-Ray players were designed for data backup. Playing Blu-Ray movies on computers was never really a priority for anyone, nor was it ever touted as a major feature for PCs. Basically, to do it, youll have to get commercial software to do so and keep it updated (as mentioned above).

10+ Year Old Account
    I've gone through Blue-ray hell assisting a friend get his blue-rays to play. We never found a software that worked perfectly. In the end left to his own devices he paid for Cyberlink Power Dvd I think but I never saw it working.

Blu-Ray has and will continue to be a complete clusterfuck on the PC due to the idiotic DRM schemes,best bet is to use the drive+cracking software to rip the disc to your hard drive and then use the media player of your choice to play the rips.

I've recently tried out several blu-ray drives, (HAZYYO Desktop Internal; LG External Bluray player, and the latest MthsTec model); with different software apps to run them.
    Leawo,
    Free Blu-Ray Player (Amazing-Share shit),
    Cyberlink Media Suite,
    PotPlayer

Currently using VLC, and I tried the trick to get that to work on blu-ray, but nada...

I have to wonder if blu-ray disks aren't some sort of geek joke to get you to buy a Playstation or something.

Ah..a small point to consider; No internet connection. (although I'd have to wonder why that would be a problem)
    Blu-Ray movies have stupid levels of DRM, it is possible to play them but you need to look on the gray-web for players or VLC mods to play them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've just given up on BluRay for PC.. I either watch other peoples rips or turn on my PS3

I spent some time trying to get VLC to play BluRays, and eventually gave up. I settled with Leawo - mostly because it actually works (or, at least, has done so in every situation I've tried it) but it also has a scalable zoom (I quite like watching letterboxed movies across my three displays - and yes, it works with Nvidia Surround).

For OP's issue, your best bet is to add a Microsoft Account to your Windows 10 login and associate the Windows 10 activation key with the account. You can then reinstall a fresh copy of 10 and reactivate it (simply connecting to the internet should activate it automatically, but you will always be able to do it with the Microsoft account you linked). https://www.windowscentral.com/how-l...rosoft-account
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

No internet...at all.
    I post from work.

I had a vista PC, it had a dvd drive - over the years i rarely used it.
    New PC with W10, doesn't even have a DVD or blue ray drive installed.

Most games come digitally nowadays. As do device drivers.

I "do" have a 10$ external dvd drive "just in case",. but eh.. i think i've had it plugged in once these last few years. Just once.

No internet...at all.
    I post from work.
    Well, the Microsoft Account linking is just for reassurance - I've done external reinstallations of Windows 10 (using a USB source) without any issue reactivating Windows afterwards, and the same goes for reinstalling from within Windows (System > Update & Security > Recovery > Reset this PC).

Any chance you could connect the PC to a network for the time it takes to link the account, then reinstall at your leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    I had a vista PC, it had a dvd drive - over the years i rarely used it.
    New PC with W10, doesn't even have a DVD or blue ray drive installed.

Most games come digitally nowadays. As do device drivers.

I "do" have a 10$ external dvd drive "just in case",. but eh.. i think i've had it plugged in once these last few years. Just once.
    Superb addition to the thread about playing BluRay movies on a Windows 10 PC, thankyou for taking the time.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7