Page 1 of 24
... LastLast

[Megathread] Death Stranding.

Seems a ad has leaked and a trailer plus release date is dropping later today.

By the way Playstation is streaming a image for Death Stranding right now.

https://www.twitch.tv/playstation

Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-05-29 at 09:44 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Hell, didn't think we'd hear more about this for the longest time... we don't even know entirely wtf this thing is about! And honestly that's what intrigues me.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Hell, didn't think we'd hear more about this for the longest time... we don't even know entirely wtf this thing is about! And honestly that's what intrigues me.
    It's a really cool situation they are using to their advantage.

If this was just some random new IP made by who knows it would be bomb so hard based on what is known/shown(lack there of) but because Kojima's name is on it they can actually get away with it and get people to dive into this game like literally 100% blind. It's gonna be a hell of a ride just because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It's a really cool situation they are using to their advantage.

If this was just some random new IP made by who knows it would be bomb so hard based on what is known/shown(lack there of) but because Kojima's name is on it they can actually get away with it and get people to dive into this game like literally 100% blind. It's gonna be a hell of a ride just because of that.
    That's just it, Kojima... all this mystery would fall so flat if it weren't for a name like that, after the craziness of PT and all the other MG stuff... people are just REALLY curious to see what this thing even is. And then you have Norma Reedus as the main character...

Everything about this is fucking wierd, not that I'd expect anything else from Kojima, its not like firewhales aren't bizarre or nearly naked assassin who breathes through her skin.

since I saw the first video of it, I was so intrigued by its design. like who the fuck carries a tube with a living baby on it, and your life depends on it and a fucking antenna over your shoulder. plus paranormal shit. I am buying it %100. no matter what kind of game it turns out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Shouldn't you just necro the older megathread on this? I think there was one right?
    I searched and didn't find one, Just a threads about different things related to the game. So I figured I would give it a Megathread.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Ah OK I was sure there was one.

Oh well, looking forward to this one but I'll ofc wait and see. It looks very ambitious which means it has a solid chance of just bombing, Kojima or not. But if it works, it could be something great.
    Its a day 1 buy for me.

But I admit there is a few developers ill just buy their product. Even for me while it was one of the weakest in the series MGS5 was fun and I grabbed the CE.

I think I almost never buy products on day 1 unless I played their beta extensively.
    I do buy day 1 but 90% of the time its from developers who I know will give me a game ill enjoy.

There is that one every once in awhile I buy that I wish I didn't (Saints Row Switch Port).

- - - Updated - - -

Update to the OP.

Do we know by now what the game actually is?

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    No and thats what worries me. Kojima has spent a lot more time talking about his brand and shilling shirts, phone cases, watches, glasses and other assorted bunk with his new logo on and very little talking about the game. Its not secret the dude wishes he got into movies and not games and i'm honestly worried we will get another phantom pain style "3 memorable locations with some great cutscenes, everything else is white noise open world busywork right out of 2014". I really, really hope i'm wrong but developers usually don't avoid gameplay for this long even if they have to resort to bullshot. The total lack of anything while being completed to the point of preorders makes me really wonder what we are actually getting for the comparitively short time its taken to make it. The story could be great and probably will be if you like Kojimas schtik of "on my best day i wish i was david lynch, on my worst i wish i was shamylan" which i do, but the total lack of gameplay is getting sketch. I just can't think of a single time people were going "yeah, but what IS the game?" like this that wasn't publishers hiding a janky game with little appeal to a large audience till they got the preorders in.

I hope i'm wrong i really do but i've grown increasingly more sceptical as the last years gone on.

Yeah I feel similar. I think the way Kojima was treated back then was scummy as fuck, but the way people started handing him a blank cheque now and hype this without any info is kind of scary. Even Cyberpunk2077 has at least a vague gameplay demo out, that while probably no way representative at least tells you what game you are getting hyped about. Before they take preorder I hope they will at least reveal what the game actually is..

On the other hand, the lack of information could make people (like myself) apathetic. The meager information and what little has been shown hasn't been awe inspiring. You hear terms like 'walking simulator' from the small amount of footage people have been shown.

But It's Kojima. He has interesting ideas. I really hope this is his Magnum Opus and is a massive middle finger to Konami.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

The trailer with that gigantic figure looming out of the mist blew my mind, I can't wait to see what the hell this game is all about.

That's just it, Kojima... all this mystery would fall so flat if it weren't for a name like that, after the craziness of PT and all the other MG stuff... people are just REALLY curious to see what this thing even is. And then you have Norma Reedus as the main character...
    I think it still may considering this really looks and sounds like it is a hiking simulator with some stealth and almost no combat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Walking simulator from the trailers. From interviews with non Kojima people say it is a game that has very little combat and killing.

Release date may have leaked.

Been reading its coming out in November and The Last of Us Part II was delayed until Q1 next year.

I hope they don't disappoint, this game looks good and creepy lol.

In what you can barely see in the current video it looks like you can create stuff like a ladder to reach places...

Also some kind of bike u can ride.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Walking simulator from the trailers. From interviews with non Kojima people say it is a game that has very little combat and killing.
    Could still be survival horror if we go just by that. But either way it would be extremely niche compared to the metal gear games.

This is a game I will buy blind. I'm looking forward to news about the game during e3. Kojima is one of the best when it comes to presenting a story. Looking forward to this.