10+ Year Old Account

The Trans movement debate

If anyone has met me in real life and bothered to talk about politics I think they would get the impression I am mostly liberal but somethings like the T and Q+ in the LGBTQ+ acronym just confound me.
    This whole debate about someone being born in a different body... isn't that a mental illness? Its like some form of body dissociation isn't it?

They have this whole culture of labeling different groups of people or creating their own pronouns
    Like Cis which I always thought was cyst until I saw it spelled but at the end of the day they insist that they must be recognized as a JUST a woman or a man.

It is all just so confusing. I would not mind it if this was just an internet fad or someone choosing how they want to dress but it is starting to impact sports and now children who are apparently getting hormonal treatment because they feel like a girl/boy.

Parents don't let their kids have unfiltered access to the internet or cellphones but a sudden fancy is treated like a medical issue? It is surreal.
    Who's to say this isn't a fad and in 10 or 20 years we start hearing about all these kids committing suicide because what they parents did to their bodies at such a young age.
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2019-06-08 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Infracted for forbidden topics

This topic is against forum rules. closing now...