Page 23 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    Then we would have one less supporter of baby murder on this planet. Can only hope most leftists feel the same as you. They are all so depressed and unable to keep living that this culture war will be a push over.
    Both sides of the political spectrum in the USA are entitled little crybabies that cry out for safe spaces and how their "rights" and feelings are hurt.
    You basically are a circus for the rest of the world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    If my parents aborted me they'd both be objectively better people and happier.
    You are just as valuable as any other human being. And you can never be sure if they would have been.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Then we would have one less supporter of baby murder on this planet. Can only hope most leftists feel the same as you. They are all so depressed and unable to keep living that this culture war will be a push over.
    Life must be hard in a country where the majority support pro-choice.

Thankfully, you got the religious nutjobs to come to the rescue!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rymr View Post
    Both sides of the political spectrum in the USA are entitled little crybabies that cry out for safe spaces and how their "rights" and feelings are hurt.
    You basically are a circus for the rest of the world.

- - - Updated - - -

You are just as valuable as any other human being. And you can never be sure if they would have been.
    The US only has one side. The right-wing capitalists. The only difference between the parties is that one is backed by religious nutjobs.

Oh, will it, how's that working out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OopsReality View Post
    Oh, will it, how's that working out?
    Their secret club of 4chanz has a bunch of memes "normies" don't understand therefore culture war ""won"".

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Nurot View Post
    What's the real argument? It sure isn't, all life is precious. It seems more like a control issue of, I was foolish enough to not use protection, got you pregnant and now I want to have the power to force you to carry to term. That really seems to be major sticking point through all the hypocrisy of the laws that these out of touch legislators are passing.
    I don't entirely agree with you on your understanding of the motivations of pro-lifers (although I do agree that they're hypocritical).

I reckon that there is a genuine concern for the sanctity of human life at play, driven to a certain extent by religious indoctrination that teaches that the life of a foetus, from the moment of conception, has equivalent value to the human life of a newborn baby.

The issue isn't that conservatives want to control women. It's more that they have a deeply rooted bigotry towards women that, to be perfectly honest, I doubt they even realise. Even female conservatives are sexist towards other women. I think their rationale is along the lines of "These are the values I was raised to comply with, so you will too".

As a result, when weighing up the various arguments, they place little to no value on the right of a woman to bodily autonomy (since in their view it is good and right for a woman to accept the role that God has disctated for her), but a significant value on the life of the foetus.

The problem with people of faith is that they tend not to be open to thinking critically about questions to which their faith proclaims to have absolute authority. And so the cycle perpetuates and, sadly, the USA seems to be regressing on this issue with states like Alabama leading the charge into stupidity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    I like the other side of that hyperbole coin.

First frame: "KILL IT IT'S A PARASITE IT'S VILE, IT WILL RUIN YOUR LIFE!"

Second frame: "YOU DESERVE TO HAVE EVERYTHING FREE BECAUSE YOU OPENED YOUR LEGS AND LET A LOSER CUM IN YOU!"
    If only that comic actually was hyperbolic.

10+ Year Old Account

Second frame: "YOU DESERVE TO HAVE EVERYTHING FREE BECAUSE YOU OPENED YOUR LEGS AND LET A LOSER CUM IN YOU!"
    The difference being that the comic is an accurate presentation of arguments we see all the time, meanwhile both positions you invented are complete horseshit that basically nobody actually argues for.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

The difference, of course, is that your "other side" relies on strawmanning.

Pro-choice does not equate to anti-pregnancy. The two are not analogous in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The difference being that the comic is an accurate presentation of arguments we see all the time, meanwhile both positions you invented are complete horseshit that basically nobody actually argues for.
    Damn, beat me to it :P

Second frame: "YOU DESERVE TO HAVE EVERYTHING FREE BECAUSE !"
    No one rants and raves at someone to pressure them into an abortion except for R men at their mistress.

No one wants to give everything to people for free, "YOU OPENED YOUR LEGS AND LET A LOSER CUM IN YOU" also this positively reeks of jealousy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    You're the one being disingenuous. A baby is NOT brain dead. That's a fact.
    You can't even be braindead if you don't have a cortex. I'm not talking about anything but zygotes and pre-5 month fetuses here.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

I'm pro choice, want an abortion? Go and get one, get as many as you want, it's your body, sadly for you it's not your money.

There were options from the start, Condom, morning after, maybe the git was an idiot and forgot the condom, hell maybe she lied and wasn't on birth control, doesn't matter to me, because it's your body, your problem, and honestly because I know there is an insane leftist person hanging around ready to pounce and go for the one thing I haven't mentioned.

If raped, then you should be allowed have an abortion that the state pays for, because believe me, they are going to get their money back, simple trick, someone will pay, collect a sample of DNA from the foetus and the one that got the woman pregnant is clearly the rapist and should be punished fully within the law, made to pay back the state, and go to prison.

What if the woman lied to get an abortion? then she defrauded the state and wasted tax payer money on a police investigation, the investigation that would likely discovered if she lied or not.

If the Court can't decide if there was a lie or not? Simple, restraining order on both of them, so if there was a rape, ordered to stay away or fear of imprisonment, if they lied, well that relationship is dead in the water.
    Last edited by dunhildas; 2019-05-30 at 04:51 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    I don't entirely agree with you on your understanding of the motivations of pro-lifers (although I do agree that they're hypocritical).

I reckon that there is a genuine concern for the sanctity of human life at play, driven to a certain extent by religious indoctrination that teaches that the life of a foetus, from the moment of conception, has equivalent value to the human life of a newborn baby.

The issue isn't that conservatives want to control women. It's more that they have a deeply rooted bigotry towards women that, to be perfectly honest, I doubt they even realise. Even female conservatives are sexist towards other women. I think their rationale is along the lines of "These are the values I was raised to comply with, so you will too".

As a result, when weighing up the various arguments, they place little to no value on the right of a woman to bodily autonomy (since in their view it is good and right for a woman to accept the role that God has disctated for her), but a significant value on the life of the foetus.

The problem with people of faith is that they tend not to be open to thinking critically about questions to which their faith proclaims to have absolute authority. And so the cycle perpetuates and, sadly, the USA seems to be regressing on this issue with states like Alabama leading the charge into stupidity.
    Well to be fair, I'm sure many on that side do follow the rank and file of thinking they're following the morale high-road due to their religious beliefs. Unfortunately, there is a portion who are being disingenuous, including but not limited to the legislatures.

Anti-abortionist Scott DesJarlais, for example, who encouraged his mistress to have an abortion.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/sc...ais-abortions/

The Ohio legislatures who heard testimony from rape and incest victims, but refused to provide exceptions in the bill.

To those who purposefully excluded IVF embryos in the bills.

You can't begin to claim any of them are acting in good faith. At some point common sense should kick in where draconian laws aren't being passed simply in the name of the generic term pro-life. in fact the phrase itself is disingenuous because that would imply the opposite side is anti-life.

So no while average Jane/Joe doesn't actually want to control women, they still want to set guidelines based on their religion as a standard for all women.

But there's that portion who;

Ask their mistress to get an abortion.

Rape a woman, but still expect to have parental rights including seeing the child to term.

Don't want their taxpayer money to go towards healthcare, including access to contraceptives.

Those who only see embryos as babies if they're inside a woman.

At some point it's less about basing laws on religion and more about politics/getting your way at the expense of others/ power. Pick your poison. If it was truly religious reasons then in America both sides can agree to disagree. If you are against abortions, then just don't have one. It should be treated like any other religious issue. So the pro-lifers in question are either advocating for a Christian version of Sharia Law to impose their views on others or they fall into the other camp where they care about anything, but life in reality. Can't say either stance is really a convincing argument.

I'm all for abortions, if you pay it yourself... but

Why is the life of the baby/fetus only matters in some situations and not others? For instance, if a person were to give someone a miscarriage, that can be considered murder(which it should be) but then if that mother were to just go and get an abortion, all of a sudden that baby/fetus life doesn't matter and it's no longer murder.

I'm fine with people getting abortions, but they shouldn't deny the fact that they're paying someone to murder an unborn "person".

If my parents decided to abort me, I would have no opinion on the matter.

Good for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is. Those of us that are anti infanticide actually care about providing a good life for children.
    Anybody who says this and votes conservative is bullshitting.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    I'm all for abortions, if you pay it yourself... but

Why is the life of the baby/fetus only matters in some situations and not others? For instance, if a person were to give someone a miscarriage, that can be considered murder(which it should be) but then if that mother were to just go and get an abortion, all of a sudden that baby/fetus life doesn't matter and it's no longer murder.

I'm fine with people getting abortions, but they shouldn't deny the fact that they're paying someone to murder an unborn "person".
    This is a similar thought I recently had. I was browsing Reddit, and there was a post about the Foles Family having a miscarriage. Everyone is in there talking about how tragic it is to lose a baby and how miscarriages aren't talked about enough and can have real emotionally damaging effects on the mother. This comes in between an avalanche of these same redditors arguing about how that "fetus" is nothing until it is out of the womb. How can the loss of some non viable genetic material cause such serious emotional trauma if it is just meaningless at that stage?

I would like an actual response from a pro-choice person. Is it just the potential they were mourning? Also why did Lasey Peterson's husband get charged with the murder of a child if it was never born? Is it because it was "close enough" ? Someone feel free to address these honestly, without the vitrol.

No one except those inside of planned parenthood and other murder clinics, and also yeah, this style of argument is always thrown around by pro murder advocates.
    Spoken like a stupid man who has never been inside one of these places, spoken like a liar, spoken like a troll.

They are supportive and somber places, mostly somber only because of the rabid baseless religious indoctrination from fecal golems.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mafayu View Post
    This is a similar thought I recently had. I was browsing Reddit, and there was a post about the Foles Family having a miscarriage. Everyone is in there talking about how tragic it is to lose a baby and how miscarriages aren't talked about enough and can have real emotionally damaging effects on the mother. This comes in between an avalanche of these same redditors arguing about how that "fetus" is nothing until it is out of the womb. How can the loss of some non viable genetic material cause such serious emotional trauma if it is just meaningless at that stage?

I would like an actual response from a pro-choice person. Is it just the potential they were mourning? Also why did Lasey Peterson's husband get charged with the murder of a child if it was never born? Is it because it was "close enough" ? Someone feel free to address these honestly, without the vitrol.
    Emotional investment has nothing to do with whether or not it is a human, it has to do with expectation and intent (and that's not to say that abortions can't also be emotional experiences - many are). Also, no one is advocating for involuntary abortions, so the legal precedent for murder of unborn fetuses is meaningless.
    Last edited by Nurasu; 2019-05-30 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by -Nurot View Post
    It's called contraception. You know what lowers abortion rates better than forcing young girls to carry their rapist's child to term? Education and easy access to contraception. Funny enough pro-lifers seem to be against sex education in public schools and don't want to have their taxes to help pay for the healthcare to provide easy access to contraception methods for women.

You want a choice in the decision if the woman carries your child to term? Here's some novel ideas. Have consensual sex. Ask if she's on any form of birth control. If she's not and you really want her to carry your seed, mutually agree that becoming pregnant would be a good thing for everyone involved. If that's not something you want or are willing to do you have one more choice. Wear a condom.
    I'm fine with more education and easier access to contraceptives for all.

Way to use pro-life arguments.. I've been saying that a man should have the option to opt out of being financially responsible for the child but a lot of pro-choicers seem to be against this for some weird reason. It's a double standard. Both parties should have the option to opt out, not just 1.

Forcing a woman to be a mother = bad
    Forcing a man to be a father = who gives a shit
    Last edited by crewskater; 2019-05-30 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Emotional investment has nothing to do with whether or not it is a human, it has to do with expectation and intent. Also, no one is advocating for involuntary abortions, so the legal precedent for murder of unborn fetuses is meaningless.
    That didn't answer anything. You don't have to advocate for involuntary abortions to decide if the murder charge is for a human being or not. If you can charge someone with killing an unborn baby with murder, there is something to be said about the child. If it were non living, should it not be something akin to property damage?

Also are you claiming that you can get so emotionally attached to something non living that it can cause that level of trauma? That seems almost like you are saying there is some sort of mental illness involved. I have never known humans, in sound mind, to be upset to the point of mental trauma unless they love something very important to them. What makes this "expectation" so important, and why is the argument to "just make another one" so frowned upon even by pro-choice supporters?