10+ Year Old Account

One Punch Man Season 2

So episode 1 dropped last night, toss your thoughts in here.

The Animation was completely fine...idk what the hell people were complaining about. The shading was maybe a bit off but it wasn't anything worrying. King engine is as hilarious as I expected though they drew out the King flashbacks a bit more than I was expecting. Needed to pad the episode with Fubuki on the way I guess. Garou VA sounded spot on though you only get so much from a single line.

Edit: Ok looking at side by side comparisons I see the quality drop but I didn't notice anything big until I went out of my way to check. People are just complaining to complain. And it's not like Madhouse didn't just shit on Overlord 3 with their rushed cgi. I'd much rather have this than that cgi crap
    Last edited by Seiklis; 2019-04-10 at 07:26 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I haven’t watched any of the one punch man anime but I have been reading the manga, has what’s his name the hero hunter showed up in the anime? With how wonderfully drawn his fights are in the manga I could see him being a good reason to watch the anime just by him self.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I haven’t watched any of the one punch man anime but I have been reading the manga, has what’s his name the hero hunter showed up in the anime? With how wonderfully drawn his fights are in the manga I could see him being a good reason to watch the anime just by him self.
    Garou does an after credit line. His big intro is next week

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiklis View Post
    Garou does an after credit line. His big intro is next week
    Seems like a good time to pick up the anime then!

Seemed like the animation was noticeably different. Not so sure about those battles either. I'd hate to think the series has been lowered in quality to the point it's like every other anime out there.

Edit: I guess it's not that bad. Also, I still love King.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2019-04-10 at 05:54 AM.

The humour was still on par with the original season.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

The trailer made me worry. The animation in parts did not look good. This is nice to hear though, it is still on par with S1? I will wait till they are all out then binge. Really enjoyed S1, it got me into anime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

I wouldn't say the animation is bad but it is definitely different. Seeing as how it is being done by a completely different studio, though with the same directors, that makes sense. But I think I need a few more episodes and some real battles to pass judgment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seiklis View Post
    And it's not like Madhouse didn't just shit on Overlord 3 with their rushed cgi.
    *shudder* I get the feeling Madhouse did not want Overlord to get as popular as it did, that they kept making it because it was profitable but wanted to be done with it.

I did notice a difference on how it was animated but it wasn't distracting enough for me to actually care about it.

Unfortunately a month or so ago I "watched" a video on Youtube talked about the manga which basically spoiled everything about this episode. I didn't think anything of it at the time as I had the video running in the background half paying attention to it while at work but it spoiled every single scene.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    *shudder* I get the feeling Madhouse did not want Overlord to get as popular as it did, that they kept making it because it was profitable but wanted to be done with it.
    I'm still happy I watched it all first before reading the light novel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noidentity View Post
    I did notice a difference on how it was animated but it wasn't distracting enough for me to actually care about it.

Unfortunately a month or so ago I "watched" a video on Youtube talked about the manga which basically spoiled everything about this episode. I didn't think anything of it at the time as I had the video running in the background half paying attention to it while at work but it spoiled every single scene.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm still happy I watched it all first before reading the light novel.
    I noticed a small change, nothing huge or off putting, mostly with Saitama, really, looked as if he had a bit of a minor sunburn on his face, but that was about it in terms of "animation changes" from S1 to 2 (I don't know if what I mentioned would be considered an animation change in all truth)
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    I noticed a small change, nothing huge or off putting, mostly with Saitama, really, looked as if he had a bit of a minor sunburn on his face, but that was about it in terms of "animation changes" from S1 to 2 (I don't know if what I mentioned would be considered an animation change in all truth)
    Yeah you're right, I guess I mean't more of a stylistic change with Saitama more than anything else when he was first shown on screen.

Was okay i suppose though Kimetsu no Yaiba will probably be my fav of the season, that one is such an awesome adaptation of the manga so far and i love the manga. Sometimes when reading the one punch manga i can get a little bored of it.

You all saying nothing looks different are either blind or not paying attention at all. The camera moves more than the characters this season, so much of the fighting was just blurry close ups of the camera being shaky and the old "bunch of punches all blurry all over the screen" trick used a lot. Not to mention Genos looks like a fucking PS1 CGI amalgamation now.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyani View Post
    Was okay i suppose though Kimetsu no Yaiba will probably be my fav of the season, that one is such an awesome adaptation of the manga so far and i love the manga. Sometimes when reading the one punch manga i can get a little bored of it.
    To be fair, Shonen Jump anime adaptation is on fire this year. I really like The Promised Neverland last Winter anime season and now Kimetsu no Yaiba this Spring anime season is quite impressive. I mean just look the animation of the breath of water in the opening. I'm looking forward to Dr. Stone this coming Summer anime season and we still have Boku no Hero Academia before the year ends.

Hope to see new more powerful villains.

I thoroughly enjoyed every second of episode 2.

Watched the episodes that are currently out. I feel there is a dip in quality, but not a huge one, still enjoyable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

the pacing feels all over the place

7+ Year Old Account
    tried to give the anime a shot but given that the only character i like is Garou and it doesn't have the same high quaility art as the manga I've just been skipping to the Garou parts.

I wonder if they'll do season 3. It's literally going to be nothing but the other hero's. The Child Emperor fight is going to be pretty sick though. Going to feel like every other shounen. I'm definitely not enjoying season 2 as much, but it's keeping my interest. They're pacing the anime very well compared to the manga.