Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Alliance main capital Ironforge or Stormwind?

In vanilla Ironforge was the main capital city for the alliance because it was the first alliance city with an auction house and it had a central location on Eastern Kingdoms. In TBC we moved to Shattrath, in WoTlk to Dalaran and in Cata to Stormwind and we never moved back to good old Ironforge.

In Classic all cities will have an auction house, Ironforge will still have a better geographical position in classic but players have been used to Stormwind as main capital for so many years now.

Will Ironforge remain the classic alliance main capital city or will it swift to Stormwind because people have get used to it over the years, what do you think?
    Blizzard is Arthas, Activision is Frostmourne, together as Activision-Blizzard they are the Lich King. #FireBobbyKotick

IF, all day every day.

without flying, I figure Ironforge will go back to being the main hub, its really close to everything that matters and the flight paths wont take as long or be as wonky.

This exact topic already exists

Quote Originally Posted by BrillGates View Post
    IF, all day every day.
    I agree, can't wait to see it crowded again with players in classic.
    Blizzard is Arthas, Activision is Frostmourne, together as Activision-Blizzard they are the Lich King. #FireBobbyKotick

10+ Year Old Account
    thank god ironforge.

no more trees and shop signs and lamp posts giving my camera seizures.

also, FOR KHAZ MODAN!

I remember how we had the AH bridge as meeting point in Ironforge just like the roof in old Orgrimmar. I miss that, we don't have things like that anymore in retail.

IF was the main hub during vanilla so I completely expect that to carry over to classic.

On private servers it's still Ironforge. It's central to everything. Stormwind doesn't make sense.

IF started as the capital for the alliance due to location and the fact that it was the only alliance city with an auction house. When Blizzard added auction houses to Stormwind and Darnassus people started to use these cities as well.

Overall the ranking would still be:
    1. Ironforge
    2. Stormwind
    3. Darnassus

In terms of location Darnassus just is not as attractive as it makes traveling more annoying. Ironforge is close to Menethil which give you a quick way to Kalimdor. Also if you want to go to into ANY high level dungeon Ironforge is the best starting point due to distance.

Blademaster
    3+ Year Old Account
    I personally liked the landscape of Stormwind, but Ironforge is OK with me.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any one you want. They all have AHs at this point in the game, and Stormwind didn't become the undisputed capital until the portals were added in Cata.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Definitely IF.

Didn't even think about this until now, but now i can't wait.

IF was a main capital for majority of alliance until CATA, main reason was central location in eastern kingdoms. but alot of players did hangout in SW too, on the horde side undercity was also rather populated. it used cause alot of travel or requests for ports going back and forth to get enchants or crafting done. in CATA blizz wanted SW and Org more populated and as central hubs. CATA was also when dalaran portals and shat portals to all cities was wiped.

-winter vell event based in IF and Org
    -pilgrims bounty, u farm turkeys to cook and turn in at IF and Org

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Goldshire is the real capital.

Where do they put the Dragon's heads? Stormwind...

Quote Originally Posted by BrillGates View Post
    IF, all day every day.
    This. ALL DAY EVERY DAY.

Ironforge for sure. Stormwind was only for the people whose PC would struggle and die if they went to IF.

I am certainly on team Stormwind.

5+ Year Old Account
    I like the fact that in Classic, the game doesn't revolve around the hoomans and their hooman potential so much. Sure humans are a part of the Alliance, but people primarily hang out in the Dwarven Capital and you don't get the feeling as much that the Alliance is really the human club & a bunch of guest stars.

Another thing that Wrath screwed up imo.