Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    People sure like to hate on the silliest stuff.
    Glad I'm not going to have to watch movies with them.

Trailer looked fine, doesn't mean the movie has to be fine though.

Mod note: Changed the thread title.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    It does feel a bit like a first-person-shooter...n that woman blowing her lock away, was I supposed to laugh? Movie speaking to the audience "no tis not ripley"
    I don't think it was meant to be funny. Actually I don't even think she's doing that. There's air blowing at her and her lock was moved by the air, not her mouth. Hear breathing was synced in a way that made it look like that's what she did.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    The whole point of the facehugger reaching end of its cycle, to die, is that there will be something much more powerful, the xenomorph drone.

Facehugger supposed to be a looooot weaker...otherwise what is the point of it being replaced? If they can break through shit, then just create a swarm of facehuggers n you can literally Zerg down everything...its more cost-effective..will require a lot less minerals n vespene gas..

In the laboratory the facehuggers were stuck in the glas containers, where they were studied by the colonists, and then later by Bishop n the Marines... Those facehuggers were -inside- the fort with the marines the whole time, never breaking out on their own

This is supposed to be a horror movie, and instead it instead felt like a horror comedy, monsters storming en masse is something you see in b-movies... instead it should be less is more for quality horror movies...otherwise it comes off as some guilty-pleasure b-movie...

The more I thought about it...it felt like a scene from horror-comedy movies like Arachnophobia, or Eight-legged-freaks...

This is what I was afraid of when they announced a horror director, that it would land in tropes.. in horror-comedies you get teens that screech and GIGGLE...I don't want anyone to giggle during an Alien movie...

*I got a bad feeling about this drop!* (if somebody doesn't get that reference, u should feel bad)
    And if you want to make all those assumptions from a 3 second bit in a trailer, go right ahead.

I'm not here to argue with you about it. Its all blind guessing. Have fun. And we will find out what is actually going on when we (or just me) actually see the movie.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

5+ Year Old Account
    a bit off-topic

ALIENS EXPANDED (OFFICIAL TRAILER)

CREATORVC LIVE
    Apr 9, 2024

Join the Aliens cast & crew, including James Cameron (Writer & Director), Michael Biehn (Hicks), Lance Henriksen (Bishop) Mark Rolston (Drake), Jenette Goldstein (Vasquez), William Hope (Gorman) and Carrie Henn (Newt), on a deep dive into this science-fiction classic. Brimming with stories, insight, and wonderful personal detail, this four-hour documentary is the most passionate and sophisticated exploration of Aliens ever made; a love letter to the people who made it and the communities who adore it, reflecting and enhancing the incredible legacy of this beloved epic.

This limited edition collector’s item features your name in the credits alongside the cast & crew of your favorite movie, as well as exclusive merchandise you can’t get anywhere else! Orders for this highly-collectable edition close at midnight on the 5th of May Visit

https://www.aliens-expanded.com

a bit off-topic

CREATORVC LIVE
    Apr 9, 2024

Join the Aliens cast & crew, including James Cameron (Writer & Director), Michael Biehn (Hicks), Lance Henriksen (Bishop) Mark Rolston (Drake), Jenette Goldstein (Vasquez), William Hope (Gorman) and Carrie Henn (Newt), on a deep dive into this science-fiction classic. Brimming with stories, insight, and wonderful personal detail, this four-hour documentary is the most passionate and sophisticated exploration of Aliens ever made; a love letter to the people who made it and the communities who adore it, reflecting and enhancing the incredible legacy of this beloved epic.

This limited edition collector’s item features your name in the credits alongside the cast & crew of your favorite movie, as well as exclusive merchandise you can’t get anywhere else! Orders for this highly-collectable edition close at midnight on the 5th of May Visit

Easily one of my favourite films of all time when it comes to sci-fi action.

i love cosmic horror,wish we had some modern quality movies like event horizon,lovecraft was a genius,everything similar to that styler like an amnesia game is superior to annything else by multiple multiverses

I'll never understand why with alien: earth war existing, no one has adapted that to a movie

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    I'll never understand why with alien: earth war existing, no one has adapted that to a movie
    It’s a a real shame that alien and by extension predator have so much stuff that could be adapted for shows and movies yet none of it is ever touched.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    It’s a a real shame that alien and by extension predator have so much stuff that could be adapted for shows and movies yet none of it is ever touched.
    It's probably because both AVP movies underperformed one way or another, critically, or financially. The second one more so, even with an R rating. I actually wish they'd adapt Alien vs. Predator vs. Terminator, but I'm not sure who owns what there, at least when it comes to Terminator.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    It's probably because both AVP movies underperformed one way or another, critically, or financially. The second one more so, even with an R rating. I actually wish they'd adapt Alien vs. Predator vs. Terminator, but I'm not sure who owns what there, at least when it comes to Terminator.
    The Predator/Judge Dredd comics would be awesome,but I don't ever see that happening.

The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    Fans telling artists how o do their art or telling them to stop - complete and utter garbage. If you don’t like it stfu and don’t watch it. The only thing he cares about is making what he wants, and he’s allowed to pursue that. These days fans are so demanding and judge mental, like… sorry but you’re/we’re all seat fillers and dollar signs. Those numbers are what matters, not the loud and obnoxious and often wrong or uneducated or just plain stupid opinions.

Basically - artists gonna art and it ain’t our place to tell them how. Whatever the medium is, good or bad, it doesn’t belong to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonn View Post
    Fans telling artists how o do their art or telling them to stop - complete and utter garbage. If you don’t like it stfu and don’t watch it. The only thing he cares about is making what he wants, and he’s allowed to pursue that. These days fans are so demanding and judge mental, like… sorry but you’re/we’re all seat fillers and dollar signs. Those numbers are what matters, not the loud and obnoxious and often wrong or uneducated or just plain stupid opinions.

Basically - artists gonna art and it ain’t our place to tell them how. Whatever the medium is, good or bad, it doesn’t belong to us.
    Yeah, not unless the same studio owns all the rights, and they think there is money to be made. The Dredd movie with Karl Urban also failed financially, which is a shame because the movie was great. I don't think they'd have faith in Dredd with Predator. The Batman/Predator comics are great too, and I don't even see that happening for a myriad of reasons.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Easily one of my favourite films of all time when it comes to sci-fi action.
    odd that sigourney isn't in the documentary...

I have seen mark rolston at a convention once, what a nice guy, radiates positivity, glad he is in it
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2024-04-14 at 09:22 AM.

a bit off-topic

CREATORVC LIVE
    Apr 9, 2024

That looks awesome!

No Sigourney Weaver though?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    That looks awesome!

very odd i thinks...

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to watch the little documentary - however I refuse to pay for something like that. So maybe one day I'll find it somewhere..

As for Weaver, I've never heard of her being greedy but perhaps they couldn't pay her enough to be a part of this. Or perhaps her movie/tv schedule otherwise didn't allow for it. What I DO notice about that documentary though is that outside of Cameron and Henricksen, all the other participants don't really have strong (or any) acting careers (And Henricksen's is 2 decades in the past). That isn't a slam or a judgement on them, its just "is what it is" but it might reflect the dynamics that went into who participated, and who didn't. Just a thought.

I mean you know Weaver knew of it, its not like she didn't spend the last decade next to Cameron making all the Avatars' =D, so there has to be some larger reason she's not in this.

Not speaking directly to Alien:Earth War - however

For years, throughout the 90s, there were ongoing rumors about the Alien movie they wanted to make that took place on earth, and then the next movie was going to be on the Alien Home world. It was also given as one of the reasons/forethought into why Aliens 4 ended with them crashing on earth. Because Aliens 5 was going to be "Aliens on Earth" and Aliens 6 was planned for the home world.

I heard these rumors BEFORE Aliens 4, and then Aliens 4 seem to give them some credence due to that ending.

However, all those rumors stopped as soon as the first AVP movie launched. So I have no idea how based in truth those rumors all those years were, or if they were just random fans hoping. We didn't have "big internet" then (at least not until post 2000s) so it was all word of mouth/interviews in magazines where these rumors started and took off from.

I'd love to see a real, same genre as the original, Aliens: Earth without mixing in Predator and all that jazz. But now with the AVPs already out there and not doing so hot, not sure we'll ever get to see that.

But maybe if this movie does well, there might be a return to more Pre-Scott-Sequel Alien movies. <3 A girl can always hope!
    Last edited by Koriani; 2024-04-17 at 05:44 PM.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

5+ Year Old Account
    Pre-ordered the 4k Blu Ray, getting it soon in the mail.

Watched a bunch of reviews n oh boy there is so much complaining about this version of the movie...basically that removing so much grain with todays limited ai tech led to removing bunch of details, but overall this seems to look very good... I suppose one day we'll get the perfect 8k version...in the 2030s or something..

- - - Updated - - -

a bit more detail

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if this version will be up on Disney+ soon? Apparently the previous version is also included on the blu ray

5+ Year Old Account
    Artist shows some concept art from alien paradise lost (prometheus 2), that was never made

https://danieljburns.com/film-gallery/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    That looks awesome!

Downloaded the 4k movie, didn't watch it but put on the soundfile with commentary from director, actors n others but no sigourney...

The talk of aliens on earth reminded me of this as a kid i loved it.

batman vs joker vs alien vs predator live action

https://youtu.be/PKPmNeZSjf8?si=30YmBupr58qBC6cp

it looks its age but still an enjoyable ten minutes