Page 1 of 2
LastLast

A Small but big change idea!

Hello,

Would you guys be opposed to having an official duelling area added to 1 of the major cities on each faction? I think I remember Blizzard wanting to add an arena to Org, but I might be wrong. I'm not sure about changing the city, but you could add an NPC that could teleport you to an area for duelling. This would most likely kill off duelling outside of cities, but it would be nice to get a large and flat duelling area for proper duels. What do you guys think?

5+ Year Old Account
    So a place like DM arena and the arena in Stranglethorn vale

Quote Originally Posted by Brewshine View Post
    So a place like DM arena and the arena in Stranglethorn vale
    I'm not sure the OP is suggesting that it be cross faction enabled like those areas are (on PvE servers eg.) but just that there's an area designated for allowing /duel (which is disabled in cities; that tiny area behind the pillar by IF bank notwithstanding, right?) and maybe even decorated appropriately (like the arena in Orgrimmar).

Totally unnecessary; and heading outside SW or Org or IF to watch the tryhards and wannabes duel is a staple of early WoW so if that IS what they are suggesting then a big thumbs down from me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Not sure I kind of liked being on the little shelf outside Ironforge or outside the gates of Stormwind for the Alliance and outside of Org for the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should have plenty of dueling space outside cities.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

i dont know about a dueling area on every server.. i think its kind of a bad idea

but i want there to be a tournament/dueling realm for sure.. so ppl can actually create tourneys and ppl from all regions and all the different realm can play there.. it shouldnt be permanent though.. like a day or two every month or so

?? IF, SW, Org entrances have constant dueling.

DM and STV have arenas.

Getting underneath org and sw is still possible. If you really need no interference, go there. Opposite faction will have to put together a raid to get into the city to hop the walls, same faction has to know you’re doing it—few people hang out under sw on the regular.

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    i think thats a good idea but something for the future, when it's getting less crowded and it gets harder to find duels.

Why don't we all come up with a new epic place for dueling? There are tons of areas we could make Classic fight club.

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Why don't we all come up with a new epic place for dueling? There are tons of areas we could make Classic fight club.
    On top of the mountain above IF!

What exactly would be "official" about a place?

Just choose a spot, go there and tell others to join you.

Quote Originally Posted by Powrprincess View Post
    On top of the mountain above IF!
    lmao, it does need to be a perilous journey for it to be worth it.

I love seeing a group of people every time I go into main city so no. Makes it more lively and also harder to raid a major city. More content actually attached to the world is better.

that sounds like a pretty good idea.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, that would mess with the natural flow of players expected in Classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    If they go the route of OSRS then I could see them adding something like that after the last patch (Naxx)

I really hope they'll not upgrade the servers to TBC and just add separate TBC realms you can transfer your classic character to, that way
    we'll be able to get a lot of potential new classic-like content moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    For a secret fight club there's that huge flat area in the hills between badlands and loch modan you can get to with creative jumping from either side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by diarx View Post
    For a secret fight club there's that huge flat area in the hills between badlands and loch modan you can get to with creative jumping from either side.

That's great but most would not bother to go there. I would the place between IF/SW flight path with the little house.
    -K

True duelists duel directly in the middle of an elite ridden area to increase the challenge.