Poll: WORST expansion in the last five years

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Mop and BFA are the only two expansions that were so horrible that made me take a extended break

MoP is far from terrible. Had the best classes of any expansion imo. Legion & MoP are my favorites followed by Wrath.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

15+ Year Old Account
    WoD without a second thought. I’m sorry, but if you actually consider BfA worse than WoD then I question how much of WoD you even played. If at all. You want to talk about having nothing to do... WoD defined that all-time low. BfA, with all of its faults, still has systems in place that grant you something to do.

Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    There is no way to be objective about this dude. It's all opinions man.
    That's not entirely true, there are some objective facts. It's not an opinion that WoD had the least amount of content/updates compared to other expansions, and it's not impossible to weight out what are the things that can generally be expected to be viewed as bad (such as removed content, lack of character-improving rewards) and the things that can be generally expected to be viewed as good (such as dungeons with interesting ideas, raids with original mechanics).

Of course there is always a subjective element, and there will always be people who dislike things that most people like, and vice-versa. But you can look at a game and try to set aside your personal experience and attempt to view it as objectively as possible. That's what I meant. Is it better if I phrase it "as objectively as possible"? =P

WoD was way better than Legion or BFA

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Firstly, those turn in were added in 6.2 - long after people who actively played had done that step - so again, it wasn't useful.

The vendor had a super high cost, but the gear wasn't good at all. You could get gear from heroics/ crafting far easier and quicker.

I don't know why you're lying - if you were an active player and didn't care about mounts etc - there was no reason to grind Apexis. If there was people wouldn't look back on WoD's lack of content, there was actually lots to do if you wanted apexis - but obviously no one did it because no one needed it.

- - - Updated - - -

No, you're wrong. The point is Apexis wasn't grinded. It was used in niche situations for shit catch up gear on your alts and that's it - you didn't grind apexis in WoD the way we grinded AP in legion and BFA. Stop pretending otherwise.
    "added in 6.2 long after people had done those steps"
    nice cherry picking, 6.2 was literally only added 6 months into the expansion, and you seem to forget many people come to expansions in the 1 and a half years before the next.

you are seriously cherry picking to a massive extent
    "That was only added for the last 3/4ths of the expansion so it doesent count"
    and nah mate, baleful was lit, people rolled that shit super often for alts, and gearing slots they got unlucky in.
    you cant just keep cherry picking and changing the goal posts.
    "it was useless"
    "ok it wasnt useless but you didnt need much"
    "Ok well that was added 6 months into a 2 year long expansion so it doesent count"
    "Well it was only useful for alts"
    "Ok well i didnt care about that vendor"

you call me a liar, yet you are the one pretending that apexsis was literally never ever EVER needed, and then somehow saying thats even a good thing if it was true, that we had nothing to work towards cause one of the mainc currencies had "nothing to spend it on"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    There is no way to be objective about this dude. It's all opinions man.
    Wod= 16 months of drought
    i call that pretty fucking objective my dude

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    the ring - you need like 5k apexis which could be done in like 2 days
    baleful gear - end of the expansion, not to mention I said gear that made a difference - baleful gear was awful and only awful players used it
    garrison - if you didn't care about making gold, apexis was unnecessary
    the vendor - the gear was horrible and no one used it

Imagine reaching this hard. Literally nothing of any consequence in WoD required you to GRIND apexis - Azerite is completely different because in Legion and BFA it's your most important resource and you will be grinding it.
    "end of the expansion" you mean 6.2 which was 6 months into the expansion not the "end"
    LOLOL "if you didnt wanna make gold apexsis didnt matter" yeah realy nice fucking logic there matey
    blizz could add an item you sell for 1 million gold you pick off the ground every 10 minutes and you would say "if you didnt care about making gold, its just a useless item"

"imagine reaching this hard"
    my dude, my fucking dude, i have never run into someone so fucking hypocritcially stuborn, and i read my own youtube comments for fucks sakes, even less stubborn then that idiot who thought i edited a wiki to pretend that reforging did not exist in wod, and was removed at the end of mop, cause he swore it was in wod, and i musta edited the wiki.

you are literally changing the goal posts in every fucking post "its uesless" then listing off way after way after way that it was ABSOLUTLY NOT USELESS yet you then try to make up shit excuses why its still useless cause "those were added in the end of the expansion" SURPRISE MOTHER FUCKER, THEY WERE NOT they were added in the FIRST QUARTER of wod, not the last, not the second last, FUCK NOT EVEN THE THIRD LAST it was added in THE FIRST QUARTER

and ignored, its sad how far people have to shove shit in their ears to try and make up shit.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2019-06-03 at 11:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    there is only one correct answer for this. Wod. Blizzard even gave up on it themselves.

People keep giving bfa crap. But main reason for that is that its too like legion. If bfa came first and legion after. people would say the same shit about legion.
    Nah, they wouldn't. Especially since Legion has class halls, class storylines, class bodyguards... but most important of all: Legion had Artifact weapons, which would be considered a MASSIVE improvement over Azerite armor, if BfA came before Legion.

WoD had better leveling, and better class design than BFA (to be fair, the class design was still garbage, but looks good compared to what we have now). The rest of it was so awful that it still manages to take the number 1 spot for worst in the past 5 years.

the expacs basically follow the star trek rule, ever other one is good.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    MoP is far from terrible. Had the best classes of any expansion imo. Legion & MoP are my favorites followed by Wrath.
    Have to agree on MoP.
    From my perspective as a solo player, there was plenty to do. I wasn't bored one month into the game, and they kept things going and interesting with content patches. It was as if Blizz was completely invested in...not just my time playing, but in everything that made for a sense of progression.

I quit after WoD, so I can't judge BfA or Legion. WoD just made me rage/quit after 11 years of playing.
    Haven't been back since Sept 2016.

Wod only had raids that were good.

Dungeons were ass, initial story and leveling was fun (once), outworld was pointless. story quests were gated and inconsequential. Lego quest was 85% trash.

BFA the Jaina story was incredible, I only find ToS to be a bad dungeon, Raids are just as good as WoD (take away thogar and BoD would be on the same tier as BRF),

Legion, if KJ didn't exist I woulda liked it a lot better.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD without a doubt. Legion was one of the best for me

Damn, WoD is pulling away

The garrison alone was more interesting than all of the island expeditions and warfronts. Two of the worst content additions I've ever seen in WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    My problem here is that WoD had better class design, but was seriously lacking in content and I really disliked the story and theme, so it was playable. But BfA has content, pretty zones and music and an ok-ish story, but class design is so dull and uninspiring that it makes me log off moments after I log in. Also it is lacking in the type of content I prefer(mounts, tier sets, transmog).
    Since class design will not be touched again before 9.0 there is no guarantee I will enjoy 8.2. I might log in to see if the content itself is good enough to keep me playing, but if it isn't I will simply go back to the MoP server I am currently on and wait it out to 9.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixxis View Post
    Idk how people can hate WoD more than Bfa. Both games had little worth doing but at least in WoD you had interesting specs with lots of unique abilities and awesome raids. BfA has M+ but there's little motivation to do more than 1 a week and otherwise the classes are all pretty much a downgrade and there's no way you I could rate BoD as well as BRF.
    This statement feels like someone who didn't play a lot of classes. As someone who played Shadow Priest & Warrior in WoD it was insane how bad it was. As Shadow Priest the best spec for quite some time was the dotless spec which turned what was a fun spec into a slog. MIND SPIKE MIND SPIKE MIND BLAST.. it was awful. Then I would play my warrior and it was so bad you were using whirlwind in your single target rotation.

Having played every expansion you can say "classes were good" or "classes were bad" about almost all of them because there's always a few specs that aren't working and a few that are really good each expansion. The GCD changes have affected a lot of classes negatively in BFA but I'm still enjoying playing a few chars and I only had maybe 1 or 2 that I enjoyed in WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    These threads are always hilarious, WOW at its worst is still a tier 1 MMO. For reference Bless Online is a tier 4 MMO, Secret World Legends is Tier 3, and ESO is a tier 2 IE the other MMO you sub to when your main MMO is in-between major content patches.
    Bfa is so trash its bellow FF XIV , ESO , GW2 hell even SWTOR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Yup, but I only agree with FFXIV. I've been subbed longer consistently to FFXIV over the past 6 years than I have been to WoW.

Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2019-06-04 at 12:39 PM.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    g2w is the king of trash , as for eso worst kind of p2w

WoD was so bad I unsubbed for the first time and went playing private servers.
    Though I was skeptical to come back and therefore missed the first month, Legion was probably the best expansion the game has ever had.
    BfA failed hard in class design initially (and still), but i is too soon to have a final verdict on it