How I level Warlock

I've tried the classic Affliction+Improved Void Walker and just tried Full Demonology, Demo is much better. 9/31/11 https://classicdb.ch/?talent#Ii0bZbghzTxotZVx0z

Basically I put all points into demo until SL (Soul Link). You will face little mana/resistance issues up to 40 and casting Corruption/Immo/CoW or CoA then SB+Wand gives enough time for VW to do his thing. VW accounts for about a third of my damage.

Shadowburn is amazing, I can not stress this enough, dramatically improves kill time.

I really like Gnomes on Ally side and Orcs Horde side.

At 60 I recommend 3/3 Improved Succubus for when CC needed, otherwise Demonic Sacrifice it and you will be pulling 150-180 DPS over 5 man runs with questing gear. (Don't start SB spam until you see x2 sunder or aggro will be pulled). VW Sac+Hellfire for serious AE if you feel brave.

Mages obviously nova mob pulls we tank mob pulls!
    Last edited by Cempa; 2019-06-04 at 02:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not how you do it.

Full affliction, tab dot with all dots including Siphon Life, howl of terror on cd, drain life and life tap.

Find a proper spawn with as many mobs as possible and do this all day long. For example I remember a spot in Badlands with level 40 elementals in the far corner of the zone that people usually are not in, so you get all mobs to yourself. Every zone has such spot.

Juggle 3-5 mobs at a time and the only thing that will stop you is respawn time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    I've tried the classic Affliction+Improved Void Walker and just tried Full Demonology, Demo is much better. 9/31/11 https://classicdb.ch/?talent#Ii0bZbghzTxotZVx0z

Basically I put all points into demo until SL (Soul Link). You will face little mana/resistance issues up to 40 and casting Corruption/Immo/CoW or CoA then SB+Wand gives enough time for VW to do his thing. VW accounts for about a third of my damage.

Shadowburn is amazing, I can not stress this enough, dramatically improves kill time.

I really like Gnomes on Ally side and Orcs Horde side.

At 60 I recommend 3/3 Improved Succubus for when CC needed, otherwise Demonic Sacrifice it and you will be pulling 150-180 DPS over 5 man runs with questing gear. (Don't start SB spam until you see x2 sunder or aggro will be pulled). VW Sac+Hellfire for serious AE if you feel brave.

Mages obviously nova mob pulls we tank mob pulls!
    life tap giving 20% more will mean very little while leveling, however at max level that 20% does really add up, in world leveling its not worth.

also you usually go to 40 when your setting up one of these "leveling things" cause at 60 yeah it looks good, but at 60 your max level...
    https://classicdb.ch/?talent#IVMZ0xGzgx
    here is what i find best, go left first, then move into demo, get your voidwalker to be stronger, and increase its damage.
    after that i would go for abit more fel int, master demo, then cata, aftermath, and shadow burn.
    then well you put the last 2 points anywhere you want maybe sac and soullink, then you hit 60.

reason why?

first instant corruption, allowing for shadowbolt+corruption pulls, (shadowbolt, then corruption lands just as or just before shadowbolt hits)
    then buffing stam, and then onto voidwalker, its mana to mean it takes less time, then faster resummon on it, more hp, and increase its damage.
    then phsyical resist, then mana reduction, daze chance to make pulls even less risky, then shadowburn for abit more last.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I tried what both of you said and it results in overall slower game play especially on a PvP server. I've been testing this for weeks now and realized that while multi mob approach is doable, it drains the mana fast, opens up more pulls and makes me an easy target to kill.

Getting SL fast puts the focus on VW, allows me to double or triple pull and have VW hold agro with no issues.

I tried points in mana for the VW, it drained just as fast, I found pacing my self is better .. Gather .. Tap becomes part of my rotation.

+50 I need always east and drink though.

On a PvP server you need to get Master Summoner and having SL makes you less of a target.

After 31 demo I go Suppression--> Destro, Shadowburn is huge in PvP and faster Immo/SB also. You setup kills inside fear!
    Last edited by Cempa; 2019-06-04 at 03:41 PM.