1. #2681
    https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/20...board-meetings

    A good start.

    Predictions for tonight?
    City to reach their first CL final. Massive for them

  2. #2682
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
    https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/20...board-meetings

    A good start.

    Predictions for tonight?
    City to reach their first CL final. Massive for them
    Agree, won't perhaps do THAT much since they have no voting rights but they might be able to influence more directly.

    Would be nice if PSG got an early goal to make it interesting, but Mbappe is on the bench, weird. I can't really stand the aura that this PSG team have, like you said. Lets go for a 3-1 victory to the cityzens.

  3. #2683
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    19,424
    I hate City more than PSG, and they're absolutely capable of winning, hopefully they had their wobble last week and get their shit together instead of doing what they usually do.

  4. #2684
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
    https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/20...board-meetings

    A good start.

    Predictions for tonight?
    City to reach their first CL final. Massive for them
    I am sure it will be one of Nicolas Anelkas previous teams that wins the Champions League

  5. #2685
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Stopping giving them money actually does fuck all, they won't notice selling one less shirt and nobody knows or gives a shit about how you couldn't afford a new shirt or season ticket and bullshit about why you didn't buy it. Violence against people isn't the answer, but honestly, if it helps getting the stadium roof fixed, go do some damage, people will notice that.
    I am sorry but that's just a load of bollocks. You can't make an argument based on one person only not giving them money and then go and make an argument about damage being effective. You know why? Because if you keep the base of your argument the same (one person acting) then no damage that one person can do will matter, unless of course you take all those Hollywood films for documentaries. And if you actually read what I said, I mentioned both stop giving money directly AND souring the franchise so others do the same. I took it for granted that anyone reading would understand that I was talking about collective action, but obviously I was wrong. But please, don't let me stop you, keep giving them your money while "demonstrating" against them just to make yourself feel better.

  6. #2686
    PSG being found out as still garbage. They're lucky to have 10 players on the pitch tbh.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also PSG should start the next group phase with -6 points for this performance. Its disgusting.

  7. #2687
    Can Chelsea now win the CL?^^
    I dont like Chelsea but it would be a nice middle finger to PSG for firing Tuchel on Chrismas last year.

  8. #2688
    Fluffy Kitten Nerph-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Belgium, EU
    Posts
    7,028
    Out of the 3 left, would prefer Chelsea to win obviously. While I had nothing against Lampard, Tuchel has turned this Chelsea team around and they look very dangerous.

  9. #2689
    I'm not bothered who wins. However, it's disingenuous of the media machine around Man City to pretend like this is some product of many years of honest, hard work. If anything, it's a mystery how it's taken them 10 years to achieve this given the funds the club has available. And as with every title they've won, it's extremely hollow, since it's not the product of anything but an extremely wealthy oligarch playing God with sports. Is sad.

  10. #2690
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    I'm not bothered who wins. However, it's disingenuous of the media machine around Man City to pretend like this is some product of many years of honest, hard work. If anything, it's a mystery how it's taken them 10 years to achieve this given the funds the club has available. And as with every title they've won, it's extremely hollow, since it's not the product of anything but an extremely wealthy oligarch playing God with sports. Is sad.
    Money is of course a big big factor but gotta give them credit where its due. They play as an absolute unit, both offence and defence and it seems like Guardiola has managed to get their play almost to perfection. Previous seasons they seemed to over complicate stuff but now its more simple and more direct, case in point: the second half in the first leg against PSG. The goals were perhaps a little bit lucky but they just kept on controlling and pushing, not too much flashy stuff.

    To win the CL with the best players aren't also a given, which has been seen on many occasions, and a certain team from Paris have shown that once again. I guess Real Madrid was the most expensive team for many years and they didn't manage it either. But I agree with that it shouldn't have taken this long considering the assets.

    And ffs PSG, so completely unprofessional. You can't start acting like that just because another shows you who is boss. They got really frustrated with the referee aswell and he was good imo. They aren't a team, only a bunch of superstars put together and it was evident how one dimensional their attack was without Mbappe.

  11. #2691
    Quote Originally Posted by Henx View Post
    Money is of course a big big factor but gotta give them credit where its due. They play as an absolute unit, both offence and defence and it seems like Guardiola has managed to get their play almost to perfection. Previous seasons they seemed to over complicate stuff but now its more simple and more direct, case in point: the second half in the first leg against PSG. The goals were perhaps a little bit lucky but they just kept on controlling and pushing, not too much flashy stuff.
    It's difficult to give them any credit when they've spent the money they've spent to achieve this. In an organic environment, Guardiola wouldn't even be bothered with managing City. I mean even with all the money, they literally had to hire all his friends to run the club. So they did just throw cash at the problem. As far as refining themselves tactically is concerned, it's a pot luck really. In all honesty, they've faced little to no competition on their way to the final. PSG did what PSG do. Did an upset against Bayern and then that was it. Every other team City have played has been pretty average. In the past when they've had real challenges, they've not managed to deliver the goods. But that's luck for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henx View Post
    To win the CL with the best players aren't also a given, which has been seen on many occasions, and a certain team from Paris have shown that once again. I guess Real Madrid was the most expensive team for many years and they didn't manage it either. But I agree with that it shouldn't have taken this long considering the assets.
    I disagree. It's a law of averages. Real Madrid have had one of those most expensive squads for the last decade or so, and they've won 4 trophies in the last 10. That is dominant stuff. It's only a matter of time before PSG win it, and now that City have, they'll only be emboldened to keep spending to retain it. In the end, the money will come up trumps. Look at the Premier League even. Leicester and Liverpool are strict outliers to the competition. City and Chelsea just keep playing a game of round robin based on who spends the most. United will compete, but what do you think City and Chelsea will do if United win the League? You guessed it, they'll just keep spending to overcome the deficit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henx View Post
    And ffs PSG, so completely unprofessional. You can't start acting like that just because another shows you who is boss. They got really frustrated with the referee aswell and he was good imo. They aren't a team, only a bunch of superstars put together and it was evident how one dimensional their attack was without Mbappe.
    It's a mentality issue, and it's nuanced. The players aren't challenged regularly on a weekly level in Ligue 1, no matter the occasional upsets they cause in Europe against the bigger teams. Ultimately they lack consistency. Also, they don't have an infrastructure in place with any sense of direction. They keep changing managers so regularly that it's impossible to build an identity. Bear in mind, Guardiola has been at City for 5 seasons. That's an age in modern managerial careers. I think only Klopp has probably been around longer - unless you eliminate Zidane's hiatus for that 1 season in the middle. Eventually PSG will find a manager they really want, and then they'll dominate. Money talks.

  12. #2692
    what a surprise the "titles are for the ego" manager lost
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  13. #2693
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    what a surprise the "titles are for the ego" manager lost
    at least they had a nice time in the snow/hail

  14. #2694
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    19,424
    Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    I am sorry but that's just a load of bollocks. You can't make an argument based on one person only not giving them money and then go and make an argument about damage being effective. You know why? Because if you keep the base of your argument the same (one person acting) then no damage that one person can do will matter, unless of course you take all those Hollywood films for documentaries. And if you actually read what I said, I mentioned both stop giving money directly AND souring the franchise so others do the same. I took it for granted that anyone reading would understand that I was talking about collective action, but obviously I was wrong. But please, don't let me stop you, keep giving them your money while "demonstrating" against them just to make yourself feel better.
    You think if it was all peaceful and quiet, kept at arms length you'd even hear about the protest?

    You don't seem to understand the scales involved here - even if every fan in Manchester stopped buying shirts, or even season tickets, that would amount to a few hundred thousand amongst the several million outside and abroad who simply aren't privy to knowing what's going on, and even if they are just don't care.

    The finances are such that sponsorship deals make up the the vast bulk of financing.

    I haven't bought a shirt for a couple of years, but I would still go to matches, and will continue to do so when we're able to again, and I wear my green and gold scarf when I do.

    If you want collective action, honestly it needs to come from across football to get the legislation in place to prevent the Glazers from doing what they do. It wasn't legal in this country when they did it, but it was in the US, and clubs all need protecting from it.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2021-05-05 at 11:46 AM.

  15. #2695
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Out of the 3 left, would prefer Chelsea to win obviously. While I had nothing against Lampard, Tuchel has turned this Chelsea team around and they look very dangerous.
    Yep.
    As much as I love Lampard and I think he did a great job last season, you can see just what an experienced manager has done with this side.

    The turnaround is incredible

    Fully expect 90 minutes of arse clenching tonight.

  16. #2696
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
    Yep.
    As much as I love Lampard and I think he did a great job last season, you can see just what an experienced manager has done with this side.

    The turnaround is incredible

    Fully expect 90 minutes of arse clenching tonight.
    Tuchel is a fantastic manager. If anything, the PSG recruitment structure is what needs a proper look into. They've stockpiled players without understanding what it takes for them to work as a unit. That's the only difference between Manchester City, Chelsea and PSG. The final team's recruitment is jank. Once they fix that and have a competent manager in place, there's nothing to stop them dominating Europe long term.

  17. #2697
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    19,424
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Tuchel is a fantastic manager. If anything, the PSG recruitment structure is what needs a proper look into. They've stockpiled players without understanding what it takes for them to work as a unit. That's the only difference between Manchester City, Chelsea and PSG. The final team's recruitment is jank. Once they fix that and have a competent manager in place, there's nothing to stop them dominating Europe long term.
    PSG is what United would be if we'd kept LVG or Mourinho.

  18. #2698
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    PSG is what United would be if we'd kept LVG or Mourinho.
    Except that they've got even more money, and are even more knee-jerk with firing managers.

  19. #2699
    Nice one.
    Tuchel reached back to back the Final with different Teams.
    Oh and can we pls stop with the Werner bashing?

  20. #2700
    Utterly destroyed. Should have been 6.

    Delighted with this young team. Come of age today.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •