The Poch Project is done. He'll be gone in the summer, probably to Real Madrid. Looking at the state of Utd, Arsenal and Spurs I'm giving Leicester and their great character a shout at top 4.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    The Poch Project is done. He'll be gone in the summer, probably to Real Madrid. Looking at the state of Utd, Arsenal and Spurs I'm giving Leicester and their great character a shout at top 4.
    It's funny but I was thinking the exact same last night, I reckon Leicester will make top 4 (unless you were being sarcastic hehe).

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    It's funny but I was thinking the exact same last night, I reckon Leicester will make top 4 (unless you were being sarcastic hehe).
    Nah I was serious. Leicester suits Rogers and since he took over they've been playing far more coherently than the other teams I mentioned.
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah I was serious. Leicester suits Rogers and since he took over they've been playing far more coherently than the other teams I mentioned.
    Agree, Leicester are looking really good for this season.

My worry is that we get rid of Ole to bring Poch in. Which obviously goes on to fix nothing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bringing Poch in would indeed change nothing. The change needs to come at a both a higher level (Glazers + Woodward) and the players mentalities. An example is the constant back passing, it's like they are too lazy to help find space to get the ball going forward. Half the fucking time midfield is just passing back to defence... it's so frustrating to watch, and of course not the only thing wrong with the players play style.

Poch feels a bit too Mourinho-y to me. Not so much his style of football but you can tell problems are starting to bubble up at Spurs and while in previous years he seemed a lot better at keeping a good exterior and being ok with their shortcomings, that doesn't seem the case anymore. I think most of us will give them some pass for not winning the big trophies because the spending hasn't been on par with the big boys but they've still been pretty disappointing this season so far. I mean getting humiliated at home in CL used to be something we mocked Arsenal for and something that helped drive Wenger out the door and Arsenal never let Bayern score 7 on them.

As far as who our manager is long term, I'm not entirely convinced by Ole because tactically it doesn't feel like we've improved that much but it's still early days and we havent replaced a lot of the dead weight. The biggest positive I would say have been the signings and I think all 3 signings are great and maybe arguably the best ones we've done long term since Sir Alex left. If Ole doesn't work out as manager maybe he could take the DAF role or something? We're doing the right signings it's just a matter of getting the wins as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to mention that Leicester has an extremely balanced squad this season. Maguire in shambles when Leicester get top 4 over United.

10+ Year Old Account
    So this Liverpool match is interesting. There is no midfield. Like at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    So this Liverpool match is interesting. There is no midfield. Like at all.
    They just stopped playing after thumping them for 40 mins.

10+ Year Old Account
    So this Manchester United match is interesting. There is midfield or attack. Like at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    How did we end up with any of these players?

10+ Year Old Account
    United without a single shot. Incredible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    United without a single shot. Incredible.
    I’m not even surprised by this anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I’m not even surprised by this anymore.
    Just gotta accept they're finished as a trophy competing club. The ones in charge couldn't care less about the situation on the field as long as they see the dough. No ambition at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    And this is why Woodward needed to do as he was told and sign a striker over the summer. Rashford isn't a poacher and Greenwood cannot have the weight of the team on him.

If Ed could sign players like he signs sponsors we'd be flying.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

I feel like every time we play, the first thing I hear after is "weak performance by United". Maybe we need to collectively lower the bar. 1 point against Newcastle this weekend is probably realistic with our current form.

Kieran Tierney and Martinelli were fantastic tonight. I seem to be enjoying Europa more than the Prem right now. Really refreshing to see a starting 11 of almost all 23 and under players that play with such confidence and freedom.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I feel like every time we play, the first thing I hear after is "weak performance by United". Maybe we need to collectively lower the bar. 1 point against Newcastle this weekend is probably realistic with our current form.
    We just have to accept United are a midtable team now, and like DrMcNinja said, are finished as a trophy winning club. Sad but it's just the reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    We just have to accept United are a midtable team now, and like DrMcNinja said, are finished as a trophy winning club. Sad but it's just the reality.
    It is rough but it's how it is. For all the money that has been spent since SAF left, with no plan and 4 different managers we really have nothing to show for it.