I'd legit have van Gaal back over ole. At least he was funny

On the plus side rumors say Inter wanna buy Matic off us, they seem desperate in signing our crap. Maybe we can offload Lingard, Mata, Jones and a few others too!

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    On the plus side rumors say Inter wanna buy Matic off us, they seem desperate in signing our crap. Maybe we can offload Lingard, Mata, Jones and a few others too!
    Mata and Jones got new contracts under ole so goodluck with that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I feel like England are only favorites among their own people - to everyone else they are the loud drunk cousin who lives in a car and always yells about how he's gonna achieve his dreams on every family meet-up. If it wasn't for an extremely mediocre manager I would give England better chances but it always seems like the magic link-up isn't there between players when it comes down to it in the big games. There's no need to get carried away and start hyping a team just cause they beat Kosovo 9-0 and the Vatican City 16-2 in some friendlies...
    This is the usual fallacy where England fans are supposed to think of ourselves as contenders, that might have been the case 20 years ago.

It's getting really boring hearing people say this.

Ole coaching utd is like Mario gotze coaching Germany

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    This is the usual fallacy where England fans are supposed to think of ourselves as contenders, that might have been the case 20 years ago.

It's getting really boring hearing people say this.
    Oh dont go there, then they bring up "you always sing it's coming home" as if it's a prediction.

In reality most of us have sceptical optimism, but ready for hope to be dashed at any moment. Personally I didn't rate the world cup performance like some, thought it was more an instance of everything going the right way, and we still managed to lose 3 games.

Ole at the start of the season: We are title contenders

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Ole at the start of the season: We are title contenders
    The only thing that could probably lighten the mood of United fans is Brendan winning the title before Liverpool does.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    The only thing that could probably lighten the mood of United fans is Brendan winning the title before Liverpool does.
    Now that would take some character

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Solskjaer will be gone before the end of the week (Tottenham and City for United the next week), but honestly i dont think it will help much. I doubt any manager will do better with this team.
    Sad part is that we have tried with a club legend now (Solskjaer), The great tactican (Mourinho) a big name (van Gaal) and the manager handpicked by Ferguson when he quit (Moyes) and not a single one of them have worked at all.....

It's obvious that there are bigger issues in the club (Woodward and Glazers), but that's alot harder to fix. The "easy" solution is to sack the manage, but i'm doubtful getting Poch in will make a difference. No manage would get top 4 with Fred and Perreira as central midfielders.

Not sure what to do honestly..... It really does feel hopeless...

Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    I think Solskjaer will be gone before the end of the week (Tottenham and City for United the next week), but honestly i dont think it will help much. I doubt any manager will do better with this team.
    Sad part is that we have tried with a club legend now (Solskjaer), The great tactican (Mourinho) a big name (van Gaal) and the manager handpicked by Ferguson when he quit (Moyes) and not a single one of them have worked at all.....

It's obvious that there are bigger issues in the club (Woodward and Glazers), but that's alot harder to fix. The "easy" solution is to sack the manage, but i'm doubtful getting Poch in will make a difference. No manage would get top 4 with Fred and Perreira as central midfielders.

Not sure what to do honestly..... It really does feel hopeless...
    Liverpool get Fabinho and VVD, clearly amazing players that was easy for all to see and clear upgrades.

Utd get the swedish John Stones with Lindelof and Fred a Brazilian with the most un Brazilian name ever and I've seen Brazilians working at fish and chip shops who could play better.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    I think Solskjaer will be gone before the end of the week.
    If losing to Tottenham won't do it, I don't see what will.

If losing to Tottenham won't do it, I don't see what will.
    The board/woodward would not sack him after losing to Jose, their ego wouldnt allow it.

They'd do it after the city loss though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Liverpool get Fabinho and VVD, clearly amazing players that was easy for all to see and clear upgrades.
    And around that time, United might still have been able to lure good and talented players to the club.

Now though? The odds of getting a player that's on Pogba's level alone will be difficult.

- - - Updated - - -

The board/woodward would not sack him after losing to Jose, their ego wouldnt allow it.
    True that, it would be the ultimate justice for Mourinho.

There's definitely people who can do a better job than Ole. We just need to start seeing some signs of progression. I don't expect wonders but tactically we got the weakest manager in the league (maybe second worst only to Freddie Ljungberg now - who I also like but he has less experience than Ole) and we're not making any progress. Even if we're not good enough to win a PL title now or even push for top4 I still want to see the foundations being put in place and signs that maybe next season we can make that push. I think there's many managers who could make us play better and progress - Poch maybe being the most obvious one in terms of availability as well.

And around that time, United might still have been able to lure good and talented players to the club.

Now though? The odds of getting a player that's on Pogba's level alone will be difficult.

- - - Updated - - -

True that, it would be the ultimate justice for Mourinho.
    Yeah only thing bringing players to Utd is the money and money wont make you sweat that extra bit more in over time when modern players can just down tools and get managers fired. They hold all the power so you need actual players who want to win like Sergio Ramos/Ronaldo etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah only thing bringing players to Utd is the money and money wont make you sweat that extra bit more in over time when modern players can just down tools and get managers fired. They hold all the power so you need actual players who want to win like Sergio Ramos/Ronaldo etc.
    Honest prediction, the Glazers will milk United in its current state until their results drop so low that it starts to affect their revenue. At that point they'll sell to the highest bidder, where every fan will pray to God it won't be an owner that takes what little of its soul is left.

They'll hire any manager, get any player, as long as it keeps the candle just barely lit.

Honest prediction, the Glazers will milk United in its current state until their results drop so low that it starts to affect their revenue. At that point they'll sell to the highest bidder, where every fan will pray to God it won't be an owner that takes what little of its soul is left.

They'll hire any manager, get any player, as long as it keeps the candle just barely lit.
    Its a pretty sad state of affairs.

Forget the results on the pitch for a second. Old Trafford is literally leaking and the stadium is outdated in terms of the disabled section, lack of safe standing so people can try generate some form of atmosphere.

And rivals like tottenham can build a fantastic new stadium and manage to keep up with the "top 4 trophy" which makes ex utd players like Roy Keane laugh at how far fallen they are. Top 4 is the priority now and they'll base their decisions around that. They want the champions league viewing money and Brand recognition so they can keep getting tractor sponsorships. You dont need to actually win the league for that.

And if I was a fraud investigator I would be looking into the debt repayment structure the glazers have going on with the club. How can you be paying off Debt for several years and still not gained any ground, if its not criminal then its highly negligence and inept which would require a change at the top.

Peps wheels coming off, Liverpool the new Invicibles, Arsenal getting relegated. What a season.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wan-Bissaka absolute MOTM. The guy was a wall.