Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Remember when 19 Arcane mages killed Iron Reaver in 19 seconds or something? Good times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't spend the entire time between HFC and Legion solely raiding HFC, so I didn't burn out on it like many. After killing Mythic Archi 3 times, I took a hiatus from raiding.

That being said, I didn't like the raid much at all. Not sure if it was the theme, or the layout, or the boss fights, or the fact that I was already sick to death of WoD when it was released, but I didn't feel it at all.

I'd still take it over Dragon Soul. But other than that, I'd say it's the worst "end tier" raid of the lot.

Hellfire Citadel was and is the only raid instance I never raided when it was current content (simply because I was unsubscribed at the time). So after soloing it in Legion I can hardly tell what the mechanics were about, but I can tell that it was a large and had a confusing layout where I got lost several times.

First boss is, in my opinion, the absolute WORST boss in the whole game.
    Iskar, Socrethar, Kilrogg, Zakuzz aren't too good either. In comparison I'd say any boss from BfD is better than either of those.
    The theme of "a lot of green sludge" got old really fast.
    Mythic armor looked completly shit, aside of DK set perhaps, and Archimonde drops.

Yeah, not the greatest of raids. Tho Mannoroth is one of the most metal bosses ever, and classes were much more fun to play.

HFC was pretty memorable IMO, even if I got sick of it after 6+ months. It had a much better difficulty curve than the majority of tiers we've been through since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    I want to direct your attention to gunships in ICC. That is the legit easiest heroic/mythic boss ever, so don't ever exaggerate.
    And that was the 3rd boss as well, idk where this guy has been but the first boss has usually been a pushover on the hardest difficulty.

One of my fav raids and one of the best mounts ever made. Many wipes on mythic Archimonde; it gives me PTSD just thinking about it. Dat dance. Glad I got the mount and never have to go back there to farm the 1% chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aside from a couple fights, I liked HFC. I liked Warlords raiding in general really.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Hellfire was fine, but it lasted so long that I ended up hating it. Played as Arcane Mage mostly in there, and rogue and that was fun at least. I don't really like the theme in BrF, but the fights were decent. So BrF was the best in WoD, while Highmaul sucked balls. Hellfire just lasted to loooooong!

Someone said that they appreciate old school TBC-Hellfire, I approve. Nostalgia crits for prenerf-Legion numbers! Good memories. TBC timewalking is the only TW I do with some joy. Did 5 on main last reset when we had WoD and that was worse than MoP-TW. Too soon I guess.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xloudman View Post
    My favorite part of HFC was after killing mythic archimonde and having it on farm for a few weeks, a few (like 7-9) of us would use one of the off raid days to find normal/heroic mode guilds advertising in the group finder as "prog groups" and carry them through as much as we/they had time for. Met some great and interesting people that way, Hipposlapper was the realest of the real.
    i did this a fuck ton too, still do that today joining normal groups and carrying dps.

even had a kill where last conclave boss was at 20% was able to tank it till we killed it with my demon and i think 1 or 2 healers help.

me and my friends also do this on monster hunter world. liek full BIS gear, and we join newbies having a super hard time who call for SoS then use the ingame macro's to say "thank you for calling Monster Exterminators, we are on our way to your location" beat the fuck of it then bow with "Thank you and have a good future hunt, pass along our services to others!"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

HFC first boss is soloable easily on normal or heroic modes. In those modes the mobs stop spawning after a couple minutes, then you can just collect the boxes and finish the fight without worrying about the cannons.

That doesn't happen on mythic which makes it extremely difficult to solo. It is possible for ranged specs with lots of runspeed boosts, but very challenging even for them.

Cannon health was supposedly increased a lot back in 7.something, but it wasn't close to sufficient for mythic. For mythic to be easily soloable now, as all content is supposed to be 2 expansions later, either cannon health should be increased tenfold or the mobs should stop spawning after a couple minutes like on normal and heroic. Should also be changed so one cannon dying doesn't mean you automatically lose.

On mythic I've been using the skip portal, but that makes the first bunch of bosses unavailable. It really sucks.

I missed that raid tier having quit early into WOD, but playing it for mog runs all I have to say is tire tread maces.

1000000000000/10 best raid.

15+ Year Old Account
    I liked Highmaul and pretty much nothing else in the whole expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Mythic armor looked completly shit, aside of DK set perhaps, and Archimonde drops.
    This is the only real negative i have about HFC, maybe that and more addons than usual required for the raids (the gorefiend helper, the iskar helper, the mannaroth marking weakauras, the archimonde radar weakaura etc)

The sets were pretty bad excluding shaman one for me, my god the priest shoulders i still don't know wtf that was supposed to be. Honestly though set appearances haven't been all that great in a long long time so its not a HFC exclusive issue, the only time in recent memory i've actually liked any set in raids in probably the past 7-8 years has been the Emerald Nightmare / Nighthold ones and the BoD cloth set.

Thank god for transmog honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by marcusblood View Post
    I will go on record and say raiding in WoD was great overall.

I thought mechanically Highmaul was a good warmup.

BrF will probably go down as overall one of the best designed raids, ever. It fit the theme of the expansion, had great boss fights with interesting mechanics that challenged players.

But onto Hellfire....

Hellfire Citadel will probably go down as the least raided instance that was probably at least 8.5 out of 10 overall.

While the green theme was definitely not aesthetically pleasing, the boss fights were great (except for the first one, that one sucked).

I'll never forget how entertaining it was (and sometimes frustrating) to scream at the person with the Eye in the Iskar fight.

Gorefiend was a great encounter. Mannoroth was ok but Phase 3 was the most intense part of a fight outside of a final boss. Archimonde was a great ending to an expansion.

Maybe there's some people out there that disagree, but let's give HFC some love!
    I agree, I think it's just the WoD issue of there was fuck all to do other than raid, so it was raided to death, so people hated it. I absolutely understand that point of view.

But I was raiding on and off during WoD, I didn't do much BrF but I really enjoyed Highmaul and I loved HFC. It was fun and challenging and looked fuckin' awesome. And while I'm not a big fan of the AU bullshit, it was nice to see some familiar, villainous faces. Big up HFC.

According to @Lucetia in a post on the general forums, HF Assault is heavily nerfed on the 8.2 PTR, with each cannon either having 10x the health or the NPCs dealing 1/10th the damage to it, so now every class should be able to solo mythic at 120. Very good news!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Haha! No, Nighthold is not even close to BrF. Not in any way.
    While NH was the better of the Legion raids the whole expansion was a joke when it came to raiding.
    I completely disagree. Nigthold is one of my favorite raids in the game. The grind imposed on players was kind of shitty but overall I loved nighthold. The build up to the raid with Insurrection, the tuning of the raid and the completion of the raid all felt extremely good. It had some of the most memorable fights to date as well, Star augur is one that’s brought up consistently when referring to a challenging but fun fight. Gul’dan was a great end boss and there were a lot of really good mid tier fights like Tich and spellblade. Only fight I really disliked was botanist.

Obviously this is subjective though and that’s not to say WoD raids were bad, they were great as well. The mythic only version of imperator was pretty hyped up at the time.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2019-06-12 at 10:55 PM.

i think its generally agreed on that raids in wod were great.

i personally think BRF was the best raid, but HFC was very good too.

assault is garbage though, needed some risk/reward mechanic to make it complete faster.

I rly didnt like the feel of hfc,it looked ugly,mecanicaly it was pretty good,but the legend ring just ruined it,it was clearly not tuned with the ring in mind,by the time my guild got to archi with full rings,we basicaly ignored half the mecanics cause the dps was insane high,also the weird difficulty curve on some bosses was just wack,gorefiend was a huge difficulty spike and then the next 2 bosses were almost as easy as the first

Ya, the raid itself was fine, but man its really marred by the black eye that was things like the Legendary Ring, Soul Cap and burst classes like Rogue and Bombkin, and of course Arcane Mage, which was just like 30+ percent stronger than every other spec in the game at the time.

Sad that the raid itself was made so awkward because of those things, because many of the bosses were very fun.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV