Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Also why are 99% of SUV drivers a 5.5foot trophy wife that seems to need all that space for her gym gear and soy milk latte

Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    Coincidentally, Ford is doing away with making cars altogether, since SUVs now get around the same mileage.
    Not fully true. Ford will still make the Mustang. But they're only getting rid of compacts and sedans in the US. Outside the US, they will still make compacts (because that's what most of the rest of the world drives).

And their SUVs don't yet have "around the same mileage", (their compact cars get ~40 mpg on average, and their SUVs get around 30 mpg average), but their SUVs do get good enough mileage to meet the US standards for average fleet mpg, or else they wouldn't be able to drop the other vehicles.

Hmf...OP hasn't responded beyond the initial post.

Still waiting for hydrogen cells:

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    I'm sorry but you recycling your paper does nothing. Why do you think 1 person buying recyclables does more than one person not buying meat, dairy or eggs? Its fucking insane actually.
    Because like I said, one person not buying meat doesn't affect production which is the problem in the first place. How many times have I said that now, 4?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Also why are 99% of SUV drivers a 5.5foot trophy wife that seems to need all that space for her gym gear and soy milk latte
    Around here in Belgium it's different, when you see a nice sportscar, or a gorgeous Mercedes / BMW with all the bells and whistles.
    99/100 times some geriatric fossil is behind the steering wheel.
    1/100 is a coke dealer.

Soccer moms / trophy wives drive porsche cayennes.

I can imagine a SUV being a necessity in certain area's in the US. However here in the Netherlands / Belgium, which is flatter then an A cup anorexic super model, i really do not see the point of 4x4. Still plenty of factory line workers burning 1/4th of their paycheck on paying of a dodge ram.
    Last edited by Reinaerd; 2019-06-03 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lakylog View Post
    Because like I said, one person not buying meat doesn't affect production which is the problem in the first place. How many times have I said that now, 4?
    One person recycling doesn't effect production either.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    Around here in Belgium it's different, when you see a nice sportscar, or a gorgeous Mercedes / BMW with all the bells and whistles.
    99/100 times some geriatric fossil is behind the steering wheel.
    1/100 is a coke dealer.

Soccer moms / trophy wives drive porsche cayennes.
    Oh great, so you get People driving them at half the legal speed limit and stopping for a corner 50meters too early and staying in the middle of the road instead of going into the left/right of the lane for the turn?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Yeah, then normal people are fucking midgets, update the measurements for 21 century. I don't want to crawl into my car, like a maggot.
    Is this you?

Putin khuliyo

OMG I keep seeing this... there's a woman here who drives a BMW X8. She can barely see above the steering wheel.
    I mean... she drives it fine, but it just seems silly.

Oh great, so you get People driving them at half the legal speed limit and stopping for a corner 50meters too early and staying in the middle of the road instead of going into the left/right of the lane for the turn?

Yup, every time i go "JEZUS DID THIS FUCKWITT GET HIS DRIVER LICENSE WITH THE PURCHASE OF A PACK OF COFFEE" and i overtake them, or drive next to them at the stoplight, there's this musty old fart looking at me with these "imma be dead soon" glazed look in his eyes.

Kicker is, they used to simply hand out driver licenses back in ye old days. so yeah.
    Last edited by Reinaerd; 2019-06-03 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Yeah, then normal people are fucking midgets, update the measurements for 21 century. I don't want to crawl into my car, like a maggot.
    I'm 6' and have no problem comfortably fitting into literally every sedan with plenty of room to spare. I comfortably fit into my evo (which has recaro seats) and my s2000 alike. Your problem isn't car size, your problem is your fucking body size. Lose some weight and the problem fixes itself.

If you're talking about rear seats? Sure. Those are tight in all but full size sedans, but I'm not a passenger very often, so... not my problem

Not saying SUVs should be outlawed or anything dumb like that, but SUV drivers are the bane of my existence. People driving them are all slow, with low awareness, and low skill at maneuvering, with basically no consideration for others. Not surprising considering most of them are typically soccer moms or fat dads.

Keep them around, they have a very valid place, but man do I think most of the PEOPLE who buy them should be "banned".
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2019-06-03 at 10:27 PM.

Yup, every time i go "JEZUS DID THIS FUCKWITT GET HIS DRIVER LICENSE WITH THE PURCHASE OF A PACK OF COFFEE" and i overtake them, or drive next to them at the stoplight, there's this musty old fart looking at me with these "imma be dead soon" glazed look in his eyes.

Kicker is, they used to simply hand out driver licenses back in ye old days. so yeah.
    Its probably because they're still treating cars like their first driving in the 1930s and 40s when they had shit handling and you could hear the bolts rattling out.

Whenever you see someone stopping in the middle of the road winding up a massive turn at 5kph into a double lane street you know its an oldie whos still waiting for the bombs to drop

10+ Year Old Account

Jesus, there's almost nothing I hate worse when driving is getting stuck behind some slow asshole. IT'S 55 HERE, WHY DOES MY SPEEDOMETER KEEP READING 30 YOU ASS? It's especially bad down the one road that goes to the nearest large (for Maine) city where I am right now. Thanks guy, it's already at the speed limit 45 minutes to get to town, I wanted this boring drive to take even longer . . . asshole.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Jesus, there's almost nothing I hate worse when driving is getting stuck behind some slow asshole. IT'S 55 HERE, WHY DOES MY SPEEDOMETER KEEP READING 30 YOU ASS? It's especially bad down the one road that goes to the nearest large (for Maine) city where I am right now. Thanks guy, it's already at the speed limit 45 minutes to get to town, I wanted this boring drive to take even longer . . . asshole.
    Amen. 10charyo

Quote Originally Posted by lakylog View Post
    It's a cumulative effect.
    1 person does it, sets an example and might convince people to do it as well. Now it's 10 people doing it, rinse and repeat.
    less people buy meat and may even pressure grocers to stop selling specific kind of products that could be considered problematic (like imported lamb and beef).
    this shifts supply and demand, and may have an impact on the production, at least nationally.

The sales of eggs from caged chickens in danish grocery stores literally stopped as a direct result of peer pressure from consumers.
    Is caged eggs still being sold? yes, but the production as a whole dropped and sales are almost exclusively for export, industry and maritime vessels (being one of the countries that can ensure eggs free of salmonella.)
    the whole notion of not doing something ''because that me/one person doing it, doesnt change anything'' is outright ignorant and shows a lack of skill to see things in a bigger perspective.

On topic of the cars:

SUVs has their uses.
    I for one need a car that has good ground clearance and a lot of space for work and freetime activites.
    But european SUVs is an entire different beast than the american ones (suzuki even makes a ''mini SUV'').
    I still remember those huge-ass chevy suburbans and escalades from my visit to new york. those are over the top IMO, at least for urban and suburban life.
    Last edited by freezion; 2019-06-03 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    If you're using a Durango to go off-road then I'd say you have a legitimate reason. The problem is when people drive these vehicles to commute to work on paved roads or buy groceries, and nothing that requires a SUV style vehicle.

Probably the only two good Chrysler products ever made. Assuming your Jeep has a straight six.

I don't see why you'd need a SUV to haul a trailer? Is this a work trailer because a pickup truck would make more sense. Otherwise an SUV does make sense. SUV's do have their utility but more often than not people use it because that's what they like to drive.
    Large camp trailer. Wife and I take it out every other weekend in the summer and often bring the grandkids with us (along with two large dogs) so we need it to be roomy.

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    Get a station wagon or a proper business van. I'd laugh at someone that actually has to carry things arriving in a fucking SUV. If you want to be professional, get a van.
    I don't need a van and I don't want a station wagon, which are IMO hideous. My business is online so no one sees what I drive, I just need the space it offers.

Quote Originally Posted by Blown03SVT View Post
    Cars and suvs have a weight range of 2500 lbs to say 9500 pounds for the largest SUVs. In the US roads are usually rated to 80,000 pounds for an 18 wheel tractor-trailer combo. Roads are damaged primarily due to weather (freezing and thawing) and the ground they’re placed on giving out.

They could be damaged by chance that a truck could be over-weight for its class. Thus putting more weight on the ground per-wheel, and because not all roads are designed for the 80,000 weight rating. 50,000 pounds on an 18 wheel truck has less of an impact than if it’s on 6 wheel smaller flatbed truck.
    Shipping trucks also do damage to roads by braking in heavy traffic areas. Quite a few roads around upstate NY will get "ripples" in the pavement in the last 30-40 yards before an intersection

One has to remember too, that road use has impact far beyond the pavement itself. bridges, tunnels, guardrails, etc, all suffer over time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I own 2 full size SUVs and a pickup. Out of 20+ vehicles I've owned, only 2 have not been trucks or truck based SUVs. And those two (98 Neon and a 99 Miata) were for racing. I hate cars in general, the are so useless for most activities.
    Last edited by Kellhound; 2019-06-04 at 03:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AIBot View Post
    Maybe you should buy a bicycle instead of suv.
    Looool. I wish we had an upvote feature

On topic:
    SUVs suck. Bulky to drive, boars to turn and generally look stupid and go slow. I'll take my low center of gravity, 50/50 weight balanced sedans that are fun to drive.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)