Voters
249. This poll is closed
  • Hell no #nochanges

114 45.78%
  • YES!

135 54.22%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Changes that reflect learning from past mistakes should not be considered a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I'd say yeah. The alternate timeline thing might make some people WOD-uncomfortable but I think it's about the only way to add properly classic-themed content. Classic will certainly take a while to get those endgame raids on farm due to the grindy nature of it, but it will happen. If it didn't, we never would have needed expansions in the first place.
    TBH it doesn't even need to be an alternate timeline.

It could literally be explained as running parallel to the events of TBC and Wrath prior to Cataclysm, as if all this happened while our avatars were fighting the good fight in other parts of the world.

Once the Cataclysm hits, these places change to their current incarnation. Those dungeons are effectively wiped from the map the same way the old world was wiped during Cata. It would all fit seemlessly as if we didn't revisit the world while we were busy taking the fight to Outland and Northrend.

Alternatively, none of these really need much lore at all. If we have an Azshara BG, then it's just a BG using the zone's assets. It's not like the ongoing Alterac Valley BG has ever made any lick of sense throughout all the expansions. I mean are Vandar and Drek'thar dead or alive in the lore? Who cares!
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-06-04 at 07:28 PM.

I want them to maintain Classic, TBC, and Wrath servers, and then after that update the game from there on separate servers with the same design philosophy as old school WoW before the Cataclysm happened. I really at least want to experience TBC and Wrath servers first before they decide to start updating the game in a different direction like OSRS.

No, I don't want an "alternate timeline" that builds on from WoW Classic. I would love for Classic to become such a huge success, though, that they decide to either revert retail to be more like vanilla in future expansions, or even better make a "reset" by launching a new "World of Warcraft II" that would continue the story from after or perhaps many years after the end of World of Warcraft. Of course with more of a vanilla-style of game, especially in terms of leveling, pacing, game design (or lack thereof, including class balance), dungeon and raid scene and without all the quality-of-life feaures (which has actually had the effect of reducing social interaction, something that should be recognized as making the game less of an MMORPG) while actually retaining most of the retail instanced PvP scene. Much of what @Alex86el suggested could be implemented in this "World of Warcraft II".

Didn't they retcon a lot of the story?

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Runescape has 16 developers.

WoW has hundreds.

Vast difference in scale.
    That has nothing to do with classic being successful and branching a new separate content path.

In fact it further makes the point that they definitely do have the resources to add on to old wow if they wanted to.

Whether or not you trust the modern wow devs to create content for classic is another issue. (I dont)

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Or how about they use that "scrapped content" as inspiration for new things in the actual live game instead of wasting it on Classic?
    I like this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbusg View Post
    In fact it further makes the point that they definitely do have the resources to add on to old wow if they wanted to.

Whether or not you trust the modern wow devs to create content for classic is another issue. (I dont)

both are supervised by ion. its funny that people dont seem to bother mentioning that.

10+ Year Old Account
    The list quoted in OP is a good list. However, there should be a set of Classic servers that are just straight-up 1.13 preservation servers, and a 'Classic+' server pool that acts as a 'director's cut' with scrapped plans for Vanilla fleshed out and completed.

Interesting side note, CoT already had a full map and an expanded version of the Black Morass map associated with it in the 1.12 game files. It wouldn't take much for CoT/Old Hillsbrad/Black Morass to be completed and designed for Classic+ as it was apparently originally intended.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Are you insane?

Absolutely it does, from the very least you have to justify the costs to the shareholder base who want to know why you have just splurged a fortune on a secondary path for a game that has been losing revenue year after year.
    Actually what games they are making is of no concern considering they had record high profits...

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Didn't vote. I wouldn't mind changes after 18 months or so but not changes the players vote on.
    I'm torn honestly. We've all see the "if players ran World of Warcraft" video, but at the same time I worry if the Devs are left unchecked they'll just slowly turn Classic into Retail, but without 61-120.

I think at the least, clear limits need to be set. Starting with No NEW Expansions. And honestly class changes should be voted on.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I wouldn't mind continual development after naxx but I don't want it to be based off votes from the player base. Let the professionals do their jobs instead of a bunch of wannabes.

Quote Originally Posted by francism View Post
    For god's sake, Ion himself has said in multiple interviews that he is running Classic. You're the one who doesn't know what they are talking about.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=291757/...nd-calie-schie
    he is the game director, Ofcourse he would be overseeing the design decisions. you said people in plural and implicitely said it was going to be all the same people. It seems to me you do not understand Ion Hasadickonhisface's position as game director or what it means. I love it when people who know nothing try to prove otherwise only to turn into literal Jon snows.

Do you not want it Francism? Is Ion your queen?

Would ideas from players be any better?

A feature like LFR was introduced after alot of players push for it. After Blizzard introduce LFD in wraith, players been asking for the raid version of it and Blizzard resisted till it finally relent and release LFR at the end of cata/start of MoP.

Fuck me, this is some next level stupidity I am reading.

What they are making ABSOLUTELY is a concern to the shareholders. They want to see long term sustainability of profits, and not having money pissed away on fruitless ventures.
    Record profits means nothing, they want more.

Please stop answering, you just are looking dumber and dumber...
    It is about engagement.

7+ Year Old Account

Arrow

darkfire979
    Would ideas from players be any better?

A feature like LFR was introduced after alot of players push for it. After Blizzard introduce LFD in wraith, players been asking for the raid version of it and Blizzard resisted till it finally relent and release LFR at the end of cata/start of MoP.
    They gave opportunity to play with friends "cross-server" with help of pre-BattleTag (hello another DIII innovation in WoW) ⇒ which led to creation of addons operating with this opportunity ⇒ system has become cheatable/exploitable, which expanded number of people and led to need for automate the process. All $hit started with Real ID™, with it and only it: they wanted to common base and succumbed to social networks devil, and then followed integration with them. They gave people way to violate borders legally. Ie, it was devs who took first step in this direction and proceed solely for their own benefit.

How to do it condisionaly right.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2022-05-10 at 11:17 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Nope.

Classic is meant to give classic to those who wanted classic again ( a vanilla experience, more grind or whatever ).
    Everything else ( in terms of new content ) should be reserved for retail.

Splitting the community and playerbase forcing ( because let's be honest, by putting new content in classic will somehow force players to roll a character on classic even if the wouldn't, just to see and play the content ) them to play on a both game modes will be too much. Will be stupid.

Never a polling system as so many people have no clue why they are voting for something, however I would love to see 1.13 content in spirit of vanilla be added on separate realms with char copies. And if the 1.13 content is just flatout dogshit I hope they try again.

In a perfect world we would see the orginial triology re released and playable and see retail die out and finally get WoW 2 that has the world of Vanilla, the end game of TBC, PvP of early Cata with a mix of vanilla PvP. No playdough models like retail atm, just amazing graphics that really shows WoW's artstyle pop and without any technical restraints

No, any new content should be add to bfa and so on, because vanilla had no balance whatsoever, shitty itemization and such. It is not fit to receive new content.