Poll: When will 8.2 be released?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Probably before Classic comes out :P

Quote Originally Posted by PelinalWhitestrake View Post
    it will take longer, mostly because Ion and co. are Playing Elsweyr ATM and they are looking for WHAT they will copy and shoehorn into 8.3 and the next xpac.
    plus there will be another HIATUS since their guild on FF14 Aether will be playing shadowbringers.
    Dafuq? This is the only thing I could think by reading this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Yeah but we know for like 99% that 8.3 will be way smaller than 8.2 due to the fact that 8.2 is already marketed as this expansion's Argus. End of June was the most likely released date we estimated 8.2 to launch but I don't know. Blizzard is slow and their pacing this cycle is totally off. A release in July would mean a delay for more than 3 months from their Legion schedule (and please remember, Legion had Karazhan in 7.1 where 8.1 had nothing in that regard).
    With .5 Patches being generally bigger, I dont see a problem in 8.3 being smaller, but will get some extras with 8.3.5. The final content zone doesn't have to be Argus sized, if the zone makes fun and has interesting looks + elements, so that I would be totally fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Next week they will announce the release date and give the 2 weeks notice for the end of pvp season as usual.

So expect some live stream next Thursday.
    there will be a q&a either on the 13th or 20th and the patch will release the following week. keep an eye out.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    there will be a q&a either on the 13th or 20th and the patch will release the following week. keep an eye out.
    Even just a 8.2 trailer or Survival Guide could do the job. Would be fine with anything in case of gettin the release date.

Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    Dafuq? This is the only thing I could think by reading this.

- - - Updated - - -

With .5 Patches being generally bigger, I dont see a problem in 8.3 being smaller, but will get some extras with 8.3.5. The final content zone doesn't have to be Argus sized, if the zone makes fun and has interesting looks + elements, so that I would be totally fine.
    Well its almost public info that blizzard devs plays Other MMO's to keep an eye on their content to add it later in wow.

Do people genuinely think it would be later than August 13th? I cut off there on the poll and even I thought that late was way overestimated.

I said August 13th because it was the latest possible option and I'm not resubbing.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    July 2nd is most likely when it will drop because of FFXIV: Shadowbringers

Quote Originally Posted by BarelyLegalBear View Post
    July 2nd is most likely when it will drop because of FFXIV: Shadowbringers
    Shadowbringers Early Access starts 27 June so that would make 25 June likely, too.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I just created a thread about, it wasn't necessary to make a new one.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...5#post51284115

June 25th. They have to pad their quarterly numbers and pretend the game has a decent MAU for their stock holders.
    Last edited by Thetruth1400; 2019-06-08 at 08:34 AM.

Why u keep mention that ff14 nonsense?

Like Blizz care about some minor update for low-key mmo?

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Hussar View Post

Are you trolling?

I wonder if it really matters when it comes out, The servers are dead and all people care about is classic. This story has come to its end and what a whimper it ends on.

Quote Originally Posted by Seaintothesky View Post

Yea, FF14 just doesn't interest me at all. That said, 8.2 raiders should be terrified of the damage that Classic is going to do considering they are so close together.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I remember seeing somewhere that said in July. I forget where I seen that. So I'm going to say sometime in the middle of July.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Has lost its way View Post
    I wonder if it really matters when it comes out, The servers are dead and all people care about is classic. This story has come to its end and what a whimper it ends on.
    The servers are definitely not dead and not everyone cares only for Classic because I know I don't. I played the real Classic WoW and I don't see any reason to go back and play it all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Seaintothesky View Post

Because blizzard had a history of release patches around FFXIV's major releases?

And XIV isn't as "low-key" as you'd like to believe, it's one of the few growing MMO's on the market right now.

June 25th is probably the day. July 2nd is 100% not happening so if it isn't June 25th it'll be July 9, but that's too late and starting to encroach on classic, some people may not like Classic but blizzard isn't going to double up like that. The two week season break lines up perfectly too with a June 25th release.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetzu View Post
    they havent tested season 3 affix yet so at least 6 weeks
    its up for testing right now, and does not need to go live till 2 weeks after the patch launches, so if the partch released tomorow they would still have 2 more weeks of testing the affix, so nah, its good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Because blizzard had a history of release patches around FFXIV's major releases?

And XIV isn't as "low-key" as you'd like to believe, it's one of the few growing MMO's on the market right now.

June 25th is probably the day. July 2nd is 100% not happening so if it isn't June 25th it'll be July 9, but that's too late and starting to encroach on classic, some people may not like Classic but blizzard isn't going to double up like that. The two week season break lines up perfectly too with a June 25th release.
    not FF14, just any competition, all companies do this, if one of their compeition is releasing something on a date, and the company is due to release something around that time, they will do it the exaxt same day

cause if you do it first, people may play your thing for abit, then swap to the other, if you do iut after, they may play theirs, then not come back for yours.

but if you do it on the same day then you will keep yours as they will play yours.

thats sorta how it works in a very rough edition, but its a very long complicated thing, why movies release alot at the same time aswell.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Hussar View Post

Dude I made this thread 3 days before yours, relax.

I thought i read somewhere that June 18th or 25th was confirmed?

Maybe it was a qualified guess from some pro streamer. Who knows...

Edit: Maybe im mixing it up with classic release? I dont even know anymore... also i dont care.
    Currently not playing so pretty much just waiting for something new