Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    I don't think I can dumb down the obvious answer to this question any more than the direct common sense response, so I guess I'll just spoiler tag it: Because suicide rates would be even higher.
    Based on what? You do understand a doctor has to sign off on it right?

If someone wants to kill themselves they will do it whether it is legal or not. Legally just makes it much less "messy" for those left behind.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Laws are made by people, not nature. Laws can be right and wrong. I am asking you if you think that aslong as you are below a curtain age, 17 here, than you are handicapped in making decisions, to a point, where your age trumps any other experience you have, any knowledge you have gained or situation you are in?

The discussion is not about her being a minor, as her mother was there to make the decision with her, but if her situation and her experience gives her enough leverage for doctors to allow her suicide.
    Out of curiosity, what's the proper age to determine whether or not someone is able to kill themselves, if family or doctors weren't involved?
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

According to you, financial success == brain development. My brain is offended that your brain could think this.

That's not an argument, you 17-year old brain haver. It's an objective fact that 17 is not the age a human brain gets done developing at. None of your examples mean dick, you crazy weirdo. Durrrrr there's 17 year olds that are CEO's. So what, do we all take the, the kylie jenner CEO test to understand the way to hustle other idiotic teens out of their cash for makeup?
    I gave a very real example of 17 year old that can take responsibility for many employees, it's not only about money.
    I could have also brought the example of a 17 year old who takes full responsibility over their sibblings because their parents died. Or 17 year old who keep the household together because his parents are addicts.
    My point that you simply chose to ignore and make pointless ad hominem statements is simply that there is only one way to be certain that anyone - no matter if he is 17, 34 or 74 - can make that decision is a case to case evaluation. And that happened here, while all you do is making the broad statment that no 17 year old would be able to make that decision, without knowing her and ignoring the medical and psychological professionals who all agree that she has that maturity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    I've always been of the belief that rapist should be castrated. They ruin someone else's life simply because they only think with their dicks. If killing filth like them is too much, then at least castrate them so that they can't repeat their crime.

Poor girl didn't deserve any of those horrible things that were done too her.
    I get your point, I really do. But unfortunately it does not take a penis to sexually assault someone.
    Kepano the Awakened (Main - Resto Shaman)
    Kepana the Seeker (Alt - Druid)

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Based on what? You do understand a doctor has to sign off on it right?

If someone wants to kill themselves they will do it whether it is legal or not. Legally just makes it much less "messy" for those left behind.
    How dense are you? The original article suggested 17 year olds could be permission slipped into death. If that was legal all over America, are you about going to still ask me, "durr based on what? how could that possibly raise suicide rates"

Based on what you ask? Gee. How about... Simple math?

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    I gave a very real example of 17 year old that can take responsibility for many employees, it's not only about money.
    I could have also brought the example of a 17 year old who takes full responsibility over their sibblings because their parents died. Or 17 year old who keep the household together because his parents are addicts.
    My point that you simply chose to ignore and make pointless ad hominem statements is simply that there is only one way to be certain that anyone - no matter if he is 17, 34 or 74 - can make that decision is a case to case evaluation. And that happened here, while all you do is making the broad statment that no 17 year old would be able to make that decision, without knowing her and ignoring the medical and psychological professionals who all agree that she has that maturity.
    Actually no that's not quite what happened here. The hospital refused her euthanasia. She stopped eating and drinking and her parents decided not to force feed her.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    So because a 17 year old can accept responsibility, they should be able to kill themselves? Any child who works, does laundry, has a pet, does chores has responsibility. Should a 8 year old be told by a doctor that he should kill himself because he has been taught responsibility?

Your argument was garbage and it's still garbage. Make an actual point if you want to talk to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of curiosity, what's the proper age to determine whether or not someone is able to kill themselves, if family or doctors weren't involved?
    When your old enough to hold a razor blade? Human life is fragile... Even without assisted suicide it is very easy for individual that want to to end their lives.

Assisted suicide includes doctors in the process and ensures other family members trauma is limited. How you could be against that confuses me.

Quote Originally Posted by voxnor View Post
    When your old enough to hold a razor blade? Human life is fragile... Even without assisted suicide it is very easy for individual that want to to end their lives.

Assisted suicide includes doctors in the process and ensures other family members trauma is limited. How you could be against that confuses me.
    Maybe I worded that wrong. What's the proper age you would be fine letting your kid decide that life is too hard and that he/she just wants to kill themself?
    Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2019-06-05 at 01:14 PM.

They could've sat her down in a room with a dozen women of varying ages who had gone through a similar situation. They could've explained to her that life get's better with time. It always does.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    They could've sat her down in a room with a dozen women of varying ages who had gone through a similar situation. They could've explained to her that life get's better with time.
    Why do you assume they didn't?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I worded that wrong. What's the proper age you would let your kid decide that life is too hard and that he/she just wants to kill himself?

But that's the point mate - you don't get to decide that. Once they are old enough to Google, there is NOTHING short of forced incarceration with a full time monitor to prevent someone from killing themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankabbot View Post
    Actually no that's not quite what happened here. The hospital refused her euthanasia. She stopped eating and drinking and her parents decided not to force feed her.
    Yes, and still a full medical review board had to agree to her euthanasia. Stopping eating and drinking is just another symptom of her suffering, and obviously it was the last symptom the professionals needed to make them agree to her death that before they rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    So you are going to force feed her?
    Which isn't uncommon. It happens in extreme cases.

Quote Originally Posted by voxnor View Post
    But that's the point mate - you don't get to decide that. Once they are old enough to Google, there is NOTHING short of forced incarceration with a full time monitor to prevent someone from killing themselves.
    They can come out of solitary when they grow past their emo phase then. They'll thank me for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankabbot View Post
    Which isn't uncommon. It happens in extreme cases.
    Yes, but it isn't used to treat mental issues. It's for anorexia.

So because a 17 year old can accept responsibility, they should be able to kill themselves? Any child who works, does laundry, has a pet, does chores has responsibility. Should a 8 year old be told by a doctor that he should kill himself because he has been taught responsibility?

Your argument was garbage and it's still garbage. Make an actual point if you want to talk to me.
    Yes, that's exactly my point. When a 17 year old is shown and has proven to a full medical board that she has the maturity and is made sure that she understands the consequences, then yes, she has every right to make that decision.
    If a 8 year old could convince the same board of the same then yes, he should also be free to do it (except btw. for the dutch law you need to be at least 12 year old for legal euthanasia). But since there is no way ever a 8 year old could convince those professionals that's quite a strawman argument.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Yes, but it isn't used to treat mental issues. It's for anorexia.
    Dumbest post in the thread. If anorexia isn't mental, what is it? An STD?

Yep that's the only other recourse. No chance of growing into an adult and realizing her angsty overreactions were incredibly stupid and being able to overcome a sad past to live a happy adult life while ironically getting re-raped by taxes, but not being so dramatic about it.
    So if you get brutally raped tomorrow, you'll just get over it?

I didn't think so

Belgium investigates doctors who euthanized autistic woman

Belgian officials are investigating whether doctors improperly euthanized a woman with autism, the first criminal investigation in a euthanasia case since the practice was legalized in 2002 in the European nation.

Three doctors from East Flanders are being investigated on suspicion of having “poisoned” Tine Nys in 2010. The 38-year-old had been diagnosed with Asperger’s syndrome, a mild form of autism, two months before she was euthanized by a doctor in an apparently legal killing that she had asked for.

https://www.apnews.com/249a8067af6740d2af22ed66fc9e1a90

Life is getting cheap in the EU.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland