Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Once she's a Xel'Naga, why would she settle for the lowly title of warchief?

No one believes you like her nasal voice.
    I like her voice acting. It's very theatrical. Fits perfectly for spectral being.
    Would that be the same Alliance players the Lich Queen supporters accuse of racism, sexism, bribing the writing staff, oppressing the Horde playerbase (somehow, have yet to get a decent explanation here), and other fun far worse than "You like her boobies"?
    Isn't it sexism if yoy think that being fan of female character makes you pervert?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    Of course. But Blood Oath would need to mean something. Racial leaders are born for treason so no chance. They will flail their limp morals and speak about imbecilic honor. There will be three more cnematics with Thrall and Saurfang with a lot of sad music and death, probably of that young and stupid troll.
    I think there will be one for each patch so in 8.3 we will likely see the great finale.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Being allied with Thrall, who helped them survive, doesn't make them followers of his teachings. Trolls don't have many orc customs. They don't believe in "victory or death" they can use dark magicks, they have nothing against stabbing someone in the back. I would say that they have elven morality. Orcs and tauren are the only Horde races that believe in Thrall's code of honor.

Also, you are very hateful towards the Forsaken. Killing people with chemical weaponry doesn't make you "enemy of all life".
    I take issue with that one. The orcs in their majority didn't subscribe to Thrall's masochism and peace at all costs mentality, even if they were grateful to him for bringing them to Kalimdor and freeing their race. It has always bothered me that the trolls, tauren and orcs are treated as the 'classic' Horde, mostly because while I'm a huge fan of orcs, I don't really care about the tauren and trolls.

What separates them in membership of the Horde from the Forsaken is one year. What separates all three from ogres, forest trolls and undead-using death knights, as memorable Horde elements are upwards of seven years. Amani, ogres and necromancy have far more claim to being part of the 'founding' Horde than tauren and trolls. This is without even getting into the fact that these races didn't found shit - the Old Horde and New Horde are the same organisation - the Horde.

Orcish honor is extremely varied, whereas while being generally more practical, the Darkspear were already a tribe that was dismissed for their less harsh customs and weakness.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2019-06-08 at 09:06 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

I don't think it's possible given the writing of BfA. She will either be redeemed as the saviour of Azeroth, or she will be forced to leave the position of Warchief (Blizz keeps saying she is too smart to be caught in chains after all).

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    As an orc fanboy, I take issue with that one. The orcs in their majority didn't subscribe to Thrall's masochism and peace at all costs mentality, even if they were grateful to him for bringing them to Kalimdor and freeing their race
    Old Thrall was wise enough to know when peace is possible and when it is not. He allied with Jaina and Tauren, even Varian when he needed his help but he slaughtered centaur, quillboars, harpies and Kul Tirans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by InTheEnd View Post
    I don't think it's possible given the writing of BfA. She will either be redeemed as the saviour of Azeroth, or she will be forced to leave the position of Warchief (Blizz keeps saying she is too smart to be caught in chains after all).
    I don't understand why Blizzard didn't even consider a scenario where Sylvanas gets rid of rebellion before it gets too dangerous.
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Old Thrall was wise enough to know when peace is possible and when it is not. He allied with Jaina and Tauren, even Varian when he needed his help but he slaughtered centaur, quillboars, harpies and Kul Tirans.
    "I'll put my people in this inhospitable desert to starve deliberately out of racial guilt. Racial guilt for what you ask? Oh, what the heroes I named virtually every outpost and city for did. Wait, why are you not flagellating yourselves but taking what you need by force from the faction of the guy who already declared war on you?"
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Yes, she is hopefully playing 4D chess with everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    "I'll put my people in this inhospitable desert to starve deliberately out of racial guilt. Racial guilt for what you ask? Oh, what the heroes I named virtually every outpost and city for did. Wait, why are you not flagellating yourselves but taking what you need by force from the faction of the guy who already declared war on you?"
    Pity they retconned making your people in desert that will make them stronger to penance for sins of people your father died to.

Pity they retconned making your people in desert that will make them stronger to penance for sins of people your father died to.
    Pre-Wrath Thrall was mostly just really, really boring and far too successful. The Anduin of his time. Wrath pulling back the curtain and exploring what would actually happen in such a situation was a top tier call.

There must always be a warchief.

I don't understand why Blizzard didn't even consider a scenario where Sylvanas gets rid of rebellion before it gets too dangerous.
    and broke the good guys plot armor trophy in a "fantasy" story?
    damn, im reaching OPM garo disillusion...

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    Reminder that Alliance players exist, and the vast majority of us will NEVER accept that. Sylvanas must pay for her crimes.
    You are Alliance. You dont get a say on whos Warchief.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Sure there has been a little friction as of late, but the Horde has churned through too many Warchieves.

Is there any future path where Sylvanas can remain Warchief? From where the story is at as we know it right now. Is there any story arc that you can think of where Sylvanas can rightfully remain Warchief that can be considered remotely plausible? Or is it a 100% certainty that she will be dethroned?
    The only way they could do it at this point is for her to turn out to have been right. Like, so right that "she had to do exactly what she did in the manner she did without explaining anything or the entire fate of the world, or at least the Horde, was death and subjugation, there were 14,000,605 outcomes and this was the only one that wasn't straight shit", that level right. And the story would have to back that up with exposition. And she'd still need to give a fierce but slightly regretful speech about how she didn't want to do this/this/that and would have preferred to rely on the advise of her allies, etc.

And that shit just ain't gonna happen. Her best case scenario, IMO, is to go be the new Illidan - a banished anti-hero outcast of sorts whose rep is doing what is necessary even if nobody else has the stomach. I still have this weird suspicion that she's gonna end up alive out of all this. Like, alive alive. Some petty act of revenge by N'Zoth.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunderella View Post
    Lol. As if Horde players have any more say.

If blizz had quality writing; she'd not only remain warchief, but surprise WIN BFA and leave the horde under her in the strongest position it's ever been in.

This would also help tie into Tyrande losing her mind and becoming the villain of next expac.

The good guys shouldn't win every time. That's just so boring

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    Lol. As if Horde players have any more say.
    We do. Would you like it if horde players voted on your alliance leaders? Because spoiler alert: I'd have a gnome in charge, and you'd be forced to kiss his feet every time you entered the capital

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    If blizz had quality writing; she'd not only remain warchief, but surprise WIN BFA and leave the horde under her in the strongest position it's ever been in.

This would also help tie into Tyrande losing her mind and becoming the villain of next expac.

The good guys shouldn't win every time. That's just so boring
    I like you.
    We do. Would you like it if horde players voted on your alliance leaders? Because spoiler alert: I'd have a gnome in charge, and you'd be forced to kiss his feet every time you entered the capital
    I would choose some Forsaken for the same reason.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas is going to be brought back to life.

She will retain all of her powers, though, but will be living once again. It's not her being "redeemed" but rather a punishment for her. This is where the story is going.

Imprison her? Yeah, right, that's worked in the past with "dictator" like characters.

Kill her off? It's been stated we are not going down that route.

What is the one way to punish a character who has made "life her enemy" and wants to rule everything by killing it and raising it? You bring her back to life and force her to deal with the emotional toil of her actions. Her conscious will eat away at her.

It's almost like that plot from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" when they gave Angel his soul back. That was the one and only punishment that would have any effect on him. Making him suffer in anguish for as long as he lived for the crimes he committed while a souless vampire.

That's how you punish her. Make her suffer with her thoughts, emotions, her conscious at everything she did when she was undead.

oh, #spoilers
    Last edited by MechaCThun; 2019-06-08 at 01:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry guys, she'll turn into a giant space Light angel and fight a giant void Void entity in the skybox while we manage our base and troops manage our raid group and complete map objectives kill bosses to hold the line so she can save the galaxy Azeroth from an ancient evil the Protoss the Naaru warned us of.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunderella View Post
    Neither do you lol, do you think Blizzard gives a shit about the opinion of you Sylvanas fanboys?

Did you get a say on who became warchief after Thrall? Or on whether Garrosh or Vol'jin should lead the Horde?
    Where was it stated that she certainly won't die?

Or did you mean to say that it's stated that she won't be like Garrosh, which is very different?
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by KLOCKWERK View Post
    Sylvanas is going to be brought back to life.

She will retain all of her powers, though, but will be living once again. It's not her being "redeemed" but rather a punishment for her. This is where the story is going.

Imprison her? Yeah, right, that's worked in the past with "dictator" like characters.

What is the one way to punish a character who has made "life her enemy" and wants to rule everything by killing it and raising it? You bring her back to life and force her to deal with the emotional toil of her actions. Her conscious will eat away at her.

It's almost like that plot from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" when they gave Angel his soul back. That was the one and only punishment that would have any effect on him. Making him suffer in anguish for as long as he lived for the crimes he committed while a souless vampire.

That's how you punish her. Make her suffer with her thoughts, emotions, her conscious at everything she did when she was undead.

oh, #spoilers
    lol, no.
    next time you wanna whinge on about something you know nothing about kindly hit the "delete" key after highlighting your post.

first off, they only said that sylvanus wouldn't be becoming a raid boss, not that she wouldn't die again.

second, in 'edge of night' it's confirmed that sylvanus was a sociopath who saw her subordinates as nothing more the tools to be used and expended even when she was alive. undeath changed nothing but the smell.

third, stop yourself from the pre-teen girl trash TV show binges, WoW's writing might be shit but it's at least better then that.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-06-08 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Sure there has been a little friction as of late, but the Horde has churned through too many Warchieves.

Is there any future path where Sylvanas can remain Warchief? From where the story is at as we know it right now. Is there any story arc that you can think of where Sylvanas can rightfully remain Warchief that can be considered remotely plausible? Or is it a 100% certainty that she will be dethroned?
    With her path, I do not believe so.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..