Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Kinda weird that the prefectural law superceeds the national one, usually it's the other way around (for obvious reasons).
    It's not uncommon for federal/national laws to set a foundation that states/provinces then build upon. To demonstrate, if US federal law set the age of consent at 16, states could still set their age of consent at 18, they just couldn't set it below 16.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2019-06-09 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    It's not uncommon for federal/national laws to set a foundation that states/provinces then build upon. To demonstrate, if US federal law set the age of consent at 16, states could still set their age of consent at 18, they just couldn't set it below 16.
    Is it? That still conflicts with the natrional law, is there a criteria for when you can do just overturn national law? I know it's offtopic, but I'm kinda curious, because until now I thought it was a simple hirarchy and the cases where local law is applied is just in cases that don't conflict or aren't covered by national law. I thought that was the reason why things like the death sentence being abolished on a national level were so important.

I mean historically local law is often riddled with ludicrious clauses that no longer (or tbh never to begin with) apply, since smaller communities were usually absorbed by larger unions later it would have made sense to simply refer to the higher law in such cases.

Edit: Is the national one worded like "at least 16" or something like that? Or does the felony part just no longer apply in such cases?
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2019-06-09 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    Anyone over 18 can date whoever they want. Its none of my business who loves who.
    The question was "acceptable" age range, so this is really the proper answer.

Now there are certainly questions over whether or not a 50 year old and a 19 year old, for example, have enough in common to form a lasting relationship. It has worked before, it has failed before. But if it's what both of them want, it's perfectly acceptable to me.

If we're talking children, I wouldn't really want kids under 13 dating at all. Then I'd say +/- 3 as a general rule, with a preference for the ages to be as close as possible. There is a ton of maturation, physical and emotional, that goes on in those teen years. I'm not going to lose my shit if a 17 year old is dating a 14 year old, but at the same time I'd prefer they be dating people their own age.

And it should go without saying that any sex that happens should be safe sex, in all of these age brackets. Keep your junk wrapped until you're in a committed relationship and trying to have kids.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

7+ Year Old Account
    Is it? That still conflicts with the natrional law, is there a criteria for when you can do just overturn national law? I know it's offtopic, but I'm kinda curious, because until now I thought it was a simple hirarchy and the cases where local law is applied is just in cases that don't conflict or aren't covered by national law. I thought that was the reason why things like the death sentence being abolished on a national level were so important.

I mean historically local law is often riddled with ludicrious clauses that no longer (or tbh never to begin with) apply, since smaller communities were usually absorbed by larger unions later it would have made sense to simply refer to the higher law in such cases.
    Generally speaking, federal law trumps state law in a conflict. However, in the scenario we're discussing, a higher age of consent at the state level wouldn't be a conflict because the federal law is setting a minimum. The same can be applied to minimum wage. The federal minimum wage is 7.25/hr. States cannot have a minimum wage lower than 7.25/hr. They can, however, set a higher minimum wage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Generally speaking, federal law trumps state law in a conflict. However, in the scenario we're discussing, a higher age of consent at the state level wouldn't be a conflict because the federal law is setting a minimum. The same can be applied to minimum wage. The federal minimum wage is 7.25/hr. States cannot have a minimum wage lower than 7.25/hr. They can, however, set a higher minimum wage.
    Somehow that still feels different. I think it is because one law takes rights away from people (the right to choose your partner), while the other does .. hmm I guess it does the same to companies. Might be because companies are treated like people in the US.

7+ Year Old Account
    Somehow that still feels different. I think it is because one law takes rights away from people (the right to choose your partner), while the other does .. hmm I guess it does the same to companies. Might be because companies are treated like people in the US.
    It's easier to think of federal laws setting a minimum for states. Note that the scenario was hypothetical. Age of consent is under the jurisdiction of states in the US.

+7 and -7 seems about right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    +40 .. where the milfs at
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Someone's never heard of a sugar momma!
    Last edited by Chinese Bootlickers; 2019-06-09 at 09:09 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    What is an acceptable age range for dating someone? If someone is 30 what's the youngest and oldest acceptable age of a partner?
    It varies according to your own age, I am 30, then I accept 20-35.

Its a bit tricky, for law reasons whats legal.

Apart from that I really think its a social thing, what would feel social acceptable by important people around you. If you have friends and relatives around your age that you spend time with/is important to you the one you date should be 5 years older then their kids and of cause then your kids also. Same the other way around also, the one you date should be 5 years younger then any parental figures in your life.

My gf when i was 18 was 11 years older then me and my gf when i was 30 was 12 years younger. Never met the older gfs parents but the younger gfs parents mildly disapproved. My wife now is 12 years younger, but since im 48 noone thinks thats a big differance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaebryel Quintyne View Post
    I was married to two of my female cousins (at different times of course, not together). Both ended and no kids involved... BUT my grandparents are first-cousins... My parents are not though. My brother is married to my ex-wife's sister and they have two kids (very adorable kids and not mentally retarded, thank god).
    {yee-haw intensifies}
    “The best way to win an argument is to begin by being right.” -Jill Ruckelshaus

Any age range is fine, although for me at the age of 31 I feel like I'm out of the dating pool at this point, especially with a bald spot and only being a lead custodian at a college.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

"If there is grass on the field, then it's fair game". Am I right? lol

I only like hot teens, or 21. Anything older is too smart and she'll never want me anyway. Only hot teens that are needy... Easy to get into her pants then.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say +-7 is the max.

I could not and can not do it again. I need someone with money that's all.....