Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Moralgy View Post
    It depends on the child doesnt it?

For real though, 21 is what feels like a safer age of consent to me than the typical 18 years.
    Probably because if you take them out for drinks and they get carded, you have some evidence in regards to why you assumed they were over 18. If the fake ID fooled the bartender then it makes sense that it fooled you, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista
    If the gap is more 25 years then you'll start to get comments about being an old fool.
    Hey, wait a danged minute! I resemble that remark!

Actually, I'd say you're being generous. An apparent age difference of more than 10 years is enough to set tongues wagging, particularly if the couple is interracial or from different social/economic groups.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    I would generally use a formula like:

{Your Age} / 1.5 + 4 thru {Your Age} * 1.25

So, for your hypothetical 30 year old, I'd say between 24 and 38. You'll find most people outside that range won't match your maturity very often.

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    What is an acceptable age range for dating someone? If someone is 30 what's the youngest and oldest acceptable age of a partner?
    Dating or hookup?

For dating you should stay within your own age group. I have never seen a happy relationship where one person is significantly older than the other.

For a hookup, who cares... Do what ever you like as long as it is a consenting adult.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    whatever is legal.
    this ... age doesn't matter imo
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    Well, I’m more of calling out the fact that “courting” type of dating is disappearing rapidly
    Except that if you are over 21, 14-17 can be considered sexual grooming which is illegal. Not worth it. Plus, if you are much older than abput 17 or 18, what do you actually have in common with a 14 year old that you would even consider it? Just seems wrong to me.

+/-5years from my current age. Anymore than that just makes things weird. It’s more of a guideline rather than a cornerstone. I would date someone out of that age range if it was up to them. But +/-10years would be way too much.

7+ Year Old Account
    Age of consent here is 16. So i guess any point starting at 16.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is an acceptable age range for dating someone? If someone is 30 what's the youngest and oldest acceptable age of a partner?
    After we've established an acceptable age range, can we shift this discussion to the acceptable weight range? Like half your weight -+5kg?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Legal age up to 116 (oldest person so far).
    Just a couple years ago, someone the age (so they claim) of 146 died.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-39768321

Back on topic, legal age of consent in your state/providence.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    age of consent and up
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avskildhet View Post
    So you think it's fine for a 40 year old to date a 13 year old?
    Didn't know age of consent was 13? Last I knew it was 16+ in most of the world.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

You should have told people to say what country they are from, this is going to vary based on where people are from and what they were raised to believe.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Didn't know age of consent was 13? Last I knew it was 16+ in most of the world.
    Wikipedia breaks it up by continent which is annoying and not every page has a nice little image to screenshot.

Asia

South America

Africa

http://worldpopulationreview.com/cou...ge-of-consent/ has a nice little list though, too long to screenshot
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the age of consent in some countries.
    You're welcome to count, but I'm willing to bet over half is 16+

http://worldpopulationreview.com/cou...ge-of-consent/

In which case my original statement of "most of the world" still applies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Wikipedia breaks it up by continent which is annoying and not every page has a nice little image to screenshot.

Asia

http://worldpopulationreview.com/cou...ge-of-consent/ has a nice little list though, too long to screenshot
    lol literally just posted that same link before reading your post. After looking over it briefly I stand by my statement in that quote.

10+ Year Old Account
    You only said:

So, 13 year olds with 40 year olds then in those countries?
    If a person is legally able to consent to sex. The age of their partner does not matter imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    So 13 year olds with 40 year olds is fine? Even according to your list linked, 40 year old with 11 year old is fine?
    Did you not read what you quoted?

So, 13 year olds with 40 year olds then in those countries?
    I'm just a guy behind a desk, so it's not like what I think matters but I try to stay out of other countries business. I wasn't raised there, I don't know their traditions, customs or history. I would just be looking at their laws through a United States raised lens and deciding if it's right or wrong.
    My Collection

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. So you think pedophilia is fine
    No I don't. Pretty sure I already stated my comment was based on the fact that most of the world is 16+ You are the one focusing on younger than that.

16+ which is the average/lowest minimum age of consent in the US(that I'm aware of). Anything younger than that imo might aswell be a considered a child as they're not done developing.

Countries like Mexico and the middle east are disgusting with their younger ages of consent.
    Last edited by MikeBogina; 2019-06-06 at 02:32 AM.