Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Crucible of Storms CE unobtainable upon Azshara raid release

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...details/191868

How does everybody feel about cutting edge/aotc being removed for CoS relatively sooner than it did for ToV? The two boss raid has been out for over two months now so we couldn't really expect it to stay around for too much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...details/191868

How does everybody feel about cutting edge/aotc being removed for CoS relatively sooner than it did for ToV? The two boss raid has been out for over two months now so we couldn't really expect it to stay around for too much longer.
    Bruh we're gonna get cutting edge jaina here shortly (post nerf, sure but we're 5-10% away).

And we have absolutely no desire or willpower to enter CoS. That raid is absolute aids.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Makes it more prestigious. Why does every raid need to be cleared by every mouth breather guild?

The Hall of Fame looks pretty hilarious at the moment though, Horde is at 85-ish guilds while Alliance is at 10 guilds. That is a big oof towards the sad reality of Alliance raiding scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Makes it more prestigious. Why does every raid need to be cleared by every mouth breather guild?

The Hall of Fame looks pretty hilarious at the moment though, Horde is at 85-ish guilds while Alliance is at 10 guilds. That is a big oof towards the sad reality of Alliance raiding scene.
    It's just a not even fun fight. When mythic guilds look at the videos of the kill and are like nope fuck that.

There's a problem.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Wait, doesn't this directly contradict earlier statements that CE would remain obtainable while Palace was open?
    Nvm, mixed up BoD not going away when CoS released.
    Last edited by Gorsameth; 2019-06-06 at 10:22 AM.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    It's just a not even fun fight. When mythic guilds look at the videos of the kill and are like nope fuck that.

There's a problem.
    They are both very fun fights, they have toned down the DPS requirements by now enough that normal comps can kill them, but you still have to do the mechanics properly. Uu'nat is a really good end boss, it is fairly relaxing until last phase, but still has things you can't fuck up, but in last phase it gave me Lei-Shen flashbacks. Long last phase with a very good rhytm and ever increasing difficulty with no hard enrage(though I think the 5% health nerf to him should have not happened, most guilds kill him with well over half the raid still alive).

Meanwhile Uldir and BoD felt super boring(G'huun being a snooze fest until last phase, and Jaina being a visual clutter mess and RNG fest, which has been toned down now).

10+ Year Old Account
    meh.

who cares.

Besides if retail is as easy as classic players say, you must just suck if you can't clear the hardest content in retail.
    Infracted;
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2019-06-06 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Wait, doesn't this directly contradict earlier statements that CE would remain obtainable while Palace was open?
    What previous statement? Cite it or it didn’t happen.

Dumb to remove the COS achievements, it hasn't been available very long at all. Alliance HOF won't even fill before they close it. They should just remove the Jaina one and kept COS obtainable like they did with Helya during NH. This will be the first CE my guild misses because we decided to just farm Jaina mounts and give people a break before starting progression again.

Its fine, stop complaining.

Will it be a much more rare AOTC to have? Yes.
    Is that ok? Yes.

Whats the problem here?

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Whats the problem here?
    idc either way tbh but if they take away CE without the alliance hall of fame even being filled up that would be quite ridiculous. Even the horde hall of fame isn't full yet(but should be by 8.2) but only 10 alliance guilds in the world have downed it. Shit would be hilarious.

They are either going to nerf the raid into the ground in coming weeks, or they will change their mind and keep the CE around for awhile longer like they did with Helya.

They are both very fun fights, they have toned down the DPS requirements by now enough that normal comps can kill them, but you still have to do the mechanics properly. Uu'nat is a really good end boss, it is fairly relaxing until last phase, but still has things you can't fuck up, but in last phase it gave me Lei-Shen flashbacks. Long last phase with a very good rhytm and ever increasing difficulty with no hard enrage(though I think the 5% health nerf to him should have not happened, most guilds kill him with well over half the raid still alive).

Meanwhile Uldir and BoD felt super boring(G'huun being a snooze fest until last phase, and Jaina being a visual clutter mess and RNG fest, which has been toned down now).
    Normal comps can kill them if you're a top 100 guild.

I mean there's only 81 Uu'nat kills and we're on the brink of CE going away. That's unprecedented. The last time there were this few kills before the next patch was Kel'Thuzad in Naxxramas 40.

It just seems odd to add these fights and invalidate them like 3 months later. If it's a fun fight as you say (I wouldn't know my guild killed mythic Jaina and mythic Cabal attempts were a disaster and we have no spriests.) it seems a shame that basically no one will experience mythic Uu'nat.

Here's a silly idea if they're dead set on releasing Azshara's Palace now. What if they tuned up Crucible and improved its loot to Azshara's Palace level?
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2019-06-06 at 05:59 AM.

Trial of Valor should be the comparison point honestly and yeah, the CE/AotC for CoS shouldn't be going away already like that.

Has nothing to do with rarity, it's not like it rewards anything besides some text in your achievement list.

For those of us who aren't in a top 300ish guild, mythic CoS is just exhausting. Many of us fairly recently spent 300+ wipes on Jaina, so to enter a raid which requires a collective total of 500+ wipes for 2 bosses, it's no secret that people are gonna burn out hard. I won't even be annoyed if I can't get CE for it, would rather cool off and come into mythic Eternal Palace with energy and motivation.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    never saw anything like that mate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I expect their internal statistics on how many raids even try CoS probably show that the level of difficulty at release and the weird loot made CoS a failure.
    "weird loot" the loot was fine mate, issue was the raid was too hard, and the loot wasnt worth it since it was only 5-10 above dazar, but way too hard to compensate.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    It just seems odd to add these fights and invalidate them like 3 months later.
    It's actually sad that people feel a raid is invalidated when CE is gone (and I agree with them). I'm not getting Uu'nat CE unless 8.2 trivializes it, my guild has barely had the energy to start Cabal after killing Jaina 3-4 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    For those of us who aren't in a top 300ish guild, mythic CoS is just exhausting. Many of us fairly recently spent 300+ wipes on Jaina, so to enter a raid which requires a collective total of 500+ wipes for 2 bosses, it's no secret that people are gonna burn out hard. I won't even be annoyed if I can't get CE for it, would rather cool off and come into mythic Eternal Palace with energy and motivation.
    This x10 :P My guild transitioned from 2 to 3 day raiding with the goal of getting CE around mid tier instead of after the final nerfs (or not at all, we missed Gul'dan by 1 raid and KJ all together with a 2 day schedule). Progressing until Eternal Palace is out only to go in to progress again is just too tiring.
    Last edited by Arainie; 2019-06-06 at 10:27 AM.

Nothing we didn't already know in the past decade from Wowprogress though.

And yeah, I don't really see that big of an issue anyway. CE means very little when you are just zerging it with gear a tier higher. Helya was a completely different fight when I got it in EN tier versus when I did it in another guild in NH gear, and a giant meme in ToS/Antorus gear

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Completely idiotic decision in my opinion. Assuming 8.2 goes live in a month, this will mean that CoS achievement was only available for three months. This is incredibly short amount of time, especially when including the fact that it wasn't the only raid in this tier. ToV had similar placement, but at EN was a pushover when compared to Dazar'alor - and they still decided to extend the timer throughout Nighthold.

Not only that, but this means that Alliance Hall of Fame won't even be filled. Why even introduce the thing if you don't care enough to let one side take advantage of it? Was it supposed to balance factions somewhat? Well, it's not working and it will be even less successful if you just say "well, too bad Alliance, no one cares about you."

I'm sure there will be some people happy about extreme exclusivity of CoS CE, but they should also realize this means that the raid was nearly useless. Just three months of being current content, bizarre sidegrade loot, absurd difficulty, no mount, nothing really enticing people to farm the place. Besides, Hall of Fame was supposed to take care of "achievements should be exclusive".

They are both very fun fights, they have toned down the DPS requirements by now enough that normal comps can kill them, but you still have to do the mechanics properly.
    Doesn't matter, I know lots of guilds that watched the world first race and based on that decided they won't even step into the instance on mythic. Nerfs won't change that because if people aren't making attempts, they can't see whether it's easier now or not.

The feeling that 8.2 will be here "shortly" makes people now bother as well, I remember progressing TOV back in the day with your average run the mill rank 800 guild and the moment people heard Nighthold in 2 weeks, Helya got abandoned. "We don't have enough time to learn this boss anyway, might as well take a break until NH". Same line of thinking with COS. There isn't a single guild on my (high pop) server that cleared mythic Crucible, and not sure if anybody will even try knowing 8.2 is just around the corner.

Higher ilvl > curve removed for the previous raid