Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    That would be really bizarre decision to make. I doubt plenty of people want raids that are disproportionally difficult when considering both the rewards and time available for progression. Feels like a total waste of resources that could have been spent on something else. At very least, they could have been made far easier and serve as another catch up mechanic for the "main" raid. As it is now, it's content made for couple thousand people, which seems far too niche.
    Oh I agree, if it becomes the new norm personally I'd rather they just not bother at all with mini raids in the future. Feels completely pointless as it is.

CE comes and goes. Nobody should have expected it to stay around any longer then it is going to. Having it not go away with the patch is a huge gift to people. The jump on power with the patch is going to be a rather large buff for those still working towards Jaina or CoS. At this loint they are pretty much giving Jaina away to any group that has stuck it out. For those talking about how they opted out of pushing CoS that is on them.

- - - Updated - - -

That would be really bizarre decision to make. I doubt plenty of people want raids that are disproportionally difficult when considering both the rewards and time available for progression. Feels like a total waste of resources that could have been spent on something else. At very least, they could have been made far easier and serve as another catch up mechanic for the "main" raid. As it is now, it's content made for couple thousand people, which seems far too niche.
    They missed the mark with CoS. They obviously had different plans for it seeing how they altered its item levels as it was going live. They keep fighting the gact people will not raid new content without increased rewards. Even more so if they are still processing in the older content. This has been the case back to MoP. So they either have things like the start of MoP where ppl ditched each run after they unlocked HoF or ToES, if not that a WoD HM Blackrock mix up where they had to nerf the difficulty of Blackrock and buff it's gear at the same time. BfD and CoS is a repeat of that mess.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Well Elitist Jerks killed Jaina, COS will probably get nerfed now.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    Well Elitist Jerks killed Jaina, COS will probably get nerfed now.
    I'd find it hilarious if they skipped the place and waited for essences. Or changed something most people didn't even know existed, like debuff from standing in water.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    You think so? Formality on Proudmoore(Top 30 for CoS[top 20 for cabal] and almost always top 5 Alliance on US side) is giving their raiders time off rather than wasting their time on Uunat and contributing to burnout. So yes, there are guilds in all aspects of raiding(hardcode and casual) that are just ignoring the raid altogether.
    top 5 alliance US lmao. My guild was no.4 on the alliance HoF and it's completely irrelevant, i would prefer we were ranked on the horde hall of fame with the big boys. no guild is going to just miss tiers unless their players don't give a fuck about the game, which is going to lead to even more problems in the next tier of content. rather than tell people "we don't want to do uu'nat" they should be honest and say "our roster has put us in a position that we can not do uu'nat". CoS was frankly a better raid than BoD at the top world 100 level. it was more fun, the boss fights were pretty fun, well tuned and honestly post nerfs there is no need whatsoever to stack classes. To answer your earlier question my guild took 50 attempts for Mekkatorque on prog, 22 for Stormwall and 360 for Jaina (we really dropped the ball on jaina) Uu'nat post nerf is probably easier than pre nerf jaina because there's no first intermission to completely waste 100+ attempts to, and the classes that are pretty good on uu'nat (shaman, warlock and rogue) are easier to get ready for uu'nat than the priests and demo locks were for Jaina.

sorry for late reply don't come on this site often.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Not to be a dick here, but relying on a site like Bloodmallet to get your info about which traits are the strongest is how people that put effort into figuring their class out spots someone that does not. An example I can give of Bloodmallet being utter shit is that the agreed-upon-BIS trait for BM hunter (what I play), Dance of Death, is like... #14 on the list when triple-stacked (your best combo is 3x DoD, 1x PI, 1x TC, 1x Blightborne Infusion).

We also know the reason why - DoD relies on a *heavy* amount of crit to start pushing ahead, and the gear set that Bloodmallets data is based upon has a very balanced stat-loadout, using only gear from the raid apart from a trinket (galecallers boon), as well as the zero-stat weapon for single target purposes. This means that DoD never gets to see the same scaling interaction with crit on BM as we see "in the wild", and it means the site is super-wrong about how good each trait is.

Is it fine to get an indicator of if a trait is "ok" or not? Sure.

Is it actually accurate enough to base an argument upon and use as evidence that one trait beats another? Fucking hell, no.

Granted, I don't know warlock - stuff like this might not be prevelant for your specific spec. But I'm 99% sure BM hunter isn't the only one with "sleeper"-traits like this that's supposedly mid-tier on BM but S tier in real application.
    I can give another example; Bloodmallet puts Reckless Flurry as Fury's top trait, when a cursory look at Warcraftlogs shows that stacking Cold Steel, Hot Blood yields the best results. That's because CSHB only starts to pay dividends when you have a high amount of Crit as well. You usually get one instance of Reckless Flurry.

Bloodmallet does show that having one instance of Unbridled Ferocity is crucial, so it's not a useless tool. But for a min/maxer, it's merely a starting point, is all.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, looks like there's 4 weeks left for Cutting Edge ... and Ion didn't touch CoS for now. Unless there's some brutal nerfs next reset, both bosses still remain more difficult than BDA and kill rates are barely progressing.

For a majority of those complaining in here. You could have an eternity and still not get it. Its a difficult raid in mythic .. let it be a prestigious accomplishment.

Besides it was designed for 415 ilvl upwards not 430 which we will be in a couple of weeks the feat should definitely not be available after 8.2 drops

Well, looks like there's 4 weeks left for Cutting Edge ... and Ion didn't touch CoS for now. Unless there's some brutal nerfs next reset, both bosses still remain more difficult than BDA and kill rates are barely progressing.
    good lol .