Thread: Baldurs Gate 3

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Long resting isn't the issue, it's having to click the bedroll twice. It would be nice if you would automatically leave camp after you go to sleep.
    A bunch of pointless extra steps really sums up the game's biggest problem.

I wish the game would detect that I have 200 pounds of food in my camp chest, despite not having 40 ration on me. So when I want to long rest, I have to go to camp, grab 40 ration first, so I can then end the day and get the full benefit of a long rest. It should consider my camp chest and not just my characters personal inventory. Not that big of a deal, just annoying.

7+ Year Old Account
    So like, I heard Warlocks can pick one spell and it will be always cast at highest available rank and will refresh on short rest. But I can't find how do you pick one.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2023-08-11 at 03:41 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    So like, I heard Warlocks can pick one spell and it will be always cast at highest available rank and will refresh on short rest. But I can't find how do you pick one.
    Warlock spells refresh on short rests. They have unique spell slots.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Reithwinn or however the village is called was just exceptional, every part of it was well done D&D horror.
    And ofc being a bard worked great yet again there.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2023-08-11 at 04:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Oh damn guess I should port out then
    Yes, I went out of my way to warn because that's how I burned 10 hours, once I realized I gone too fast.

What happens after gauntlet is a major plot point in the act and there is no way back for many quests.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    A bunch of pointless extra steps really sums up the game's biggest problem.
    Pointless for you, there are extra conversations there you can have in the morning. Some people. like me, like to have an opportunity. It IS an RPG.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    I wish the game would detect that I have 200 pounds of food in my camp chest, despite not having 40 ration on me. So when I want to long rest, I have to go to camp, grab 40 ration first, so I can then end the day and get the full benefit of a long rest. It should consider my camp chest and not just my characters personal inventory. Not that big of a deal, just annoying.
    Now that's something I can get behind, now this is really a pointless step proper.

Ofc "Send to Camp" is a cheese, but given we have it, might as well really go extra step and use supplies from the chest.

- - - Updated - - -

All warlock spells are automatically upcast. Your spell slots as warlock are always highest level available for the class level.

It's great how many fights you can end with dialogue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just started Act 2 and my vengeance paladin basically told someone "mess around with me and I will end your entire lineage" (I might be paraphrasing). I would like to believe that line prevented a fight but it had my more than ready to divine smite someone into oblivion.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Do you mean stop fights before they start or end an ongoing combat? If you can talk your way out of a ongoing fight?
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, the Deep Gnomes plot seems similar to dwarven in D:OS2.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    All of warlocks spells always cast at the highest level, and their spell slots refresh on short rest.
    but they only have 2 slots total. so unliek others who have like
    4 level 1
    3 level 2
    2 level 3
    1 level 1
    they just have 2 level 4.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm, the Deep Gnomes plot seems similar to dwarven in D:OS2.
    divinity is based on D&D, so yeah...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    divinity is based on D&D, so yeah...
    Ummmm, what? I'm talking about the story of smuggling a weapon of mass destruction to a huge city for reasons.

End? Or avoid?

How do people feel about the dice rolls in dialog?

On the one hand I get that it's an integral part of D&D but on the other hand I don't think it adds much to a video game.

At best losing a roll will force you to try another option which can be fun. But at worst you only get one chance to make a choice and if you lose the roll you get locked out of any other choice and can even be forced into a tough battle which sucks.

I pretty much always try to keep a save ready in case I get unlucky and I don't think it makes the game more fun than it would be if my stats dictated my options like in other games.

Any super big tips for a newbie who sucks at CRPG's in terms of like...things to look out for/avoid as noob bait? Like, classes that are just gonna ruin me trying to figure out?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Any super big tips for a newbie who sucks at CRPG's in terms of like...things to look out for/avoid as noob bait? Like, classes that are just gonna ruin me trying to figure out?
    Just don't multi-class, unless you follow a guide.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can respec everything besides race choice anyway for almost nothing.

So like do whatever, if whatever you do sucks you can flip any moment, you're not really hard locked into anything.

The only thing you should sweat over is character appearance, that one is one and done - there is no barber or plastic surgery around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post

EDIT - here's one noob tip for you - be mindful of the inspiration re-rolls you do as you get inspirations. They don't reset when resting, so try to avoid picking that annoying lock with inspiration rerolls unless you really, really, want what's inside!
    Speaking of, a tip I saw on in a video.

If you can't unlock a chest just send it to your camp and unlock it later.

Just don't mess too much around with multi-classing etc too much on your first run and most should be fine :P

Just don't multi-class, unless you follow a guide.
    Noted, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    But yeah, if we know what aspects of the game you like(combat/dialogue/traps/bear-sex/whatever), we might recommend a class to look out for.

EDIT - here's one noob tip for you - be mindful of the inspiration re-rolls you do as you get inspirations. They don't reset when resting, so try to avoid picking that annoying lock with inspiration rerolls unless you really, really, want what's inside!
    Normally I'm a paladin in RPG's (love me some tanky, healy front lining even if I don't do dick for damage to non-undead) but in D&D games I tend to shy away from that archetype because of the alignment requirements often being boring/frustrating.

Similarly I tend to play more charisma/dialogue focused builds in some games like Fallout since you can often just brute force/skill/cheese your way through a lot of the combat and don't need a lot of those perks/buffs, but I know that's not gonna fly as much in a game like this. I'm going in basically blind so mostly just looking for the obvious bait/trap warnings more than anything else.

I'll have to look into the starting classes a bit more, but currently leaning towards cleric at the moment. I like healing things and it seems like they've got some good offensive utility/summons to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    You can respec everything besides race choice anyway for almost nothing.

So like do whatever, if whatever you do sucks you can flip any moment, you're not really hard locked into anything.

The only thing you should sweat over is character appearance, that one is one and done - there is no barber or plastic surgery around.
    Well that's fucking wonderful, thanks for the heads up.

Minus the appearance bit, but I kinda figured they wouldn't have an option for that. Would be nice to at least be able to get a haircut from time to time, though. Maybe they can add that in a later update or something, heh.